Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3)Kentucky 85 Ole Miss 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!
Not very pretty, but it's a win.... These dang Officials are going to have to quit swallowing the whistle on Cousins, the man gets beat and banged to death and I honestly believe that the refs just get tired of calling the fouls so they just don't call them....
We should have won this by more from the way this game started but a win is a win and this was another good team we beat tonight. Good to see PPAT have a good game tonight he looked more aggressive at time at getting to the basket. Cousins had another great performance tonight and I'm starting to believe he is the best big man in the county and they was talking during the game about him being the #2 pick in the draft.
Game no where near as close as the score shows! Wildcats seemed very lazy on defense tonight at certain times in the game paticularly in the last 10 minutes of the 1st Half and the 19:00 through 15:00 strech of the 2nd Half which were both times where Ole Miss was able to cut it within 3! The zoomed out to an early 18 point lead and could have won this game by 30 if they had played a full 40 minutes of defense! But, none the less a win is a win! Congrats to the Cats!!

We had 9 players in the scoring column tonight led by DeMarcus Cousins with yet another double-double(18pts, 13rebs) and also had 4 blocks!! John Wall had 17pts, 7asts, and 2blks! Then a great and maybe unexpected performance by Darnell Dodson was 4-4 from three and 2-2 from free throw for 14pts, but shot a last minute shot to erase his perfect shooting. Patterson had 12pts and 6rebs. As a team the Wildcats outrebounded Ole Miss 38-27(+11) and were also +11 on assists 21-10!
Navajo4life Wrote:Not very pretty, but it's a win.... These dang Officials are going to have to quit swallowing the whistle on Cousins, the man gets beat and banged to death and I honestly believe that the refs just get tired of calling the fouls so they just don't call them....

Very good point! I know exactly what you're talking about, I saw several times tonight where he was gettin pushed around and no call was made!
I predicted an 87 - 75 win...so close. lol
how many did wall have
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:how many did wall have

He had 17, Cuz had 18
I also believe that this Wall and Calipari thing is getting blown way out of proportion
Navajo4life Wrote:I also believe that this Wall and Calipari thing is getting blown way out of proportion

Yea thats for sure.
Good game overall by the Cats. As most of the time this year, the cats will get out a good solid lead and relax, allowing the other team back in it only to push it further again. Overall I thought that they played with aggressiveness that Cal wants them to. With the TOs Ole Miss was able to keep the game around the 10 point range but it was never really in question. Newer faces had solid games like Dodson and Orton, with Miller coming off the bench. This just adds sooooo much more to our depth allowing for a 9-10 man rotation.

Really like the lineup of:
Wall, Bledsoe, Dodson, Patterson, Cousins
In order off the bench:
Miller, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson,

Really like the 10 man rotation and it will just get better as Orton starts to hit his stride, adding to his playing time.
A very solid game form Patterson and our 3 spot with Dodson, Liggons and Miller. Our offense did not have to rely on one guy tonight and had a much better flow. I liked Pat being more aggressive and getting into the paint as well as outside tonight. This was more of a complete game form him. UK did look lazy on D tonight but showed in spurts how good the D can be. I am impressed with this teams growth, especially in the past week. I agree the Wall Coach Cal thing is being blown way out. It is not big deal and I think that showed tonight.

I though it was a bad move on Ole Miss to take Evans out around the 11/12minute mark when he was starting to roll on the offensive end. I thought that move slowed Ole Miss and they never really seemed to recover.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good game overall by the Cats. As most of the time this year, the cats will get out a good solid lead and relax, allowing the other team back in it only to push it further again. Overall I thought that they played with aggressiveness that Cal wants them to. With the TOs Ole Miss was able to keep the game around the 10 point range but it was never really in question. Newer faces had solid games like Dodson and Orton, with Miller coming off the bench. This just adds sooooo much more to our depth allowing for a 9-10 man rotation.

Really like the lineup of:
Wall, Bledsoe, Dodson, Patterson, Cousins
In order off the bench:
Miller, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson,

Really like the 10 man rotation and it will just get better as Orton starts to hit his stride, adding to his playing time.

I like this line up as well.
i would rather have miller or harris in bledsoe's starting place. he turns it over so much and does so many stupid things. may just seem like it to me. he can score and what not but he has had some costly turnovers. such as the backdoor pass to wall during the last moments of the USC game. just not what they needed at that point. he forces the issue way too much. IMO he should be 6th or 7th man.
Bledsoe will turn it over. But he is the playmaker that Cal wants in the game. He will try and fail many times for the remainder of games but he does drive and try to make the plays that gets the offense moving. Having Wall in as the main pg is the only option though, I will agree to that.
Navajo4life Wrote:I also believe that this Wall and Calipari thing is getting blown way out of proportion

Didn't watch the game, what was said?
Aslan Wrote:Didn't watch the game, what was said?

Calapari pushed wall.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Calapari pushed wall.

this was a joke.
still wont keep them down once they get the lead,but as a overall team,there getting better
I did not know all of the Wall stuff that was going on.

If there are any doubts in anybody's mind that Wall is only here for one year, this is your proof!
Another good win for the Wildcats over a quality opponent.
i didnt see that cal pushed wall???but overall a better performance from wall and cuz did what he had to do! I think Uk should have won by alot more, but they did close the win out, unlike my cards do alot...
theVILLE Wrote:i didnt see that cal pushed wall???but overall a better performance from wall and cuz did what he had to do! I think Uk should have won by alot more, but they did close the win out, unlike my cards do alot...

lol i was joking.

"I just try not to listen to him and go out and play basketball and try and help my team win," Wall said Saturday.

Two days later Wall quickly backpedaled, saying he met with Calipari and "everything is OK."

"When you are frustrated you say things you don't mean," Wall said. "We sat down and talked about it and I realized after I watched the film that I did play bad. I had a lot of turnovers and didn't lead the team like I was supposed to."

Calipari told Wall that every point guard - including former college stars Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans, both of whom played for Calipari at Memphis - struggled at some point during their careers.

"The main thing is to listen to Coach. He knows what he is doing," Wall said. "Derrick and Tyreke are doing great in the NBA. He said for me to call those guys if I need some advice, since they have been through the same thing."

Calipari called Wall's small outburst "a teaching point" and said he's not worried about their relationship becoming strained.

"A lot has been thrown at him, (the) league has gotten harder and there aren't as many easy plays," Calipari said. "Now there is a frustration level of, 'Now it's time to step up, you're the marked man, and they're coming at you.'"

Wall has tailed off a bit after a spectacular start. He leads the fourth-ranked Wildcats (20-1, 5-1 Southeastern Conference) in scoring and assists but is also averaging 4.1 turnovers per game.

Calipari isn't worried about the turnovers as long as Wall continues to try and make the right plays while learning to relax and enjoy the ride.

"If we can teach him now how you have to respond in these kinds of situations, it's going to be good for him," Calipari said.
this has been taken way out of proportion but what else do you expect. the team knows this especially cal and wall. someone said bledsoe show be 6th maybe 7th man uh i dont think so.....this guy is probably 2nd or 3rd best on the team creating his own bucket. you need that on any team cause that draws double teams just like cousins does. i dont hear anyone saying anything bad about him when he throws up 20+ points
Yeah definitely wasn't a pretty win, but a win is a win and sometimes great teams have to find ways to win these nasty games and thats what they did. Wall had a great performance last night after all the hoopla that has been going on, but the most impressive number was only 4 turnovers, had 7 against Vandy so it was good to see him control that aspect. Great win for the Cats and now they go on the road to LSU saturday.