Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 78 - Georgia 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Downey and Company pull it off again!
Anyone find any stats on this game?
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300302579

Downey with 33 on 12-20 shooting. USC was down 1 with 1:01 to play when Downey drove and made a layup to put the Cocks up for the win
Stardust Wrote:http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300302579

Downey with 33 on 12-20 shooting. USC was down 1 with 1:01 to play when Downey drove and made a layup to put the Cocks up for the win

Thanks DUSTY! Downey is incredible...shot 60% tonight
and 4-7 from 3 and only one TO!
sc playing god ball
Surprised me, I figured Downey would've went 7 for 38 and got player of the week.
Stardust Wrote:http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300302579

He is good.
I REALLY hope that someone puts them out early in the SEC tourney. They just look like a team that could do damage in a short quick tournament.
lwc Wrote:I REALLY hope that someone puts them out early in the SEC tourney. They just look like a team that could do damage in a short quick tournament.

No! The next time we play them we will crush them. 15+
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No! The next time we play them we will crush them. 15+

How many points will Downey have in this game??
lwc Wrote:I REALLY hope that someone puts them out early in the SEC tourney. They just look like a team that could do damage in a short quick tournament.

I agree with you completely. This is one of those teams that can surprise a team. They have the ingredient that wins tournament games in a top notch point guard
Stardust Wrote:I agree with you completely. This is one of those teams that can surprise a team. They have the ingredient that wins tournament games in a top notch point guard

Agreed...Downey will get his 30 a game..in order to win you have to hold him to less
I think that the Gamcocks are gonna be a real contender in the SEC come tourney time!

Ah, heck no....I want nothing more than another shot at USCjr...I know they still have to come to Rupp, but I want UK to be the team who puts them out of the SEC tourney as well.
theVILLE Wrote:Agreed...Downey will get his 30 a game..in order to win you have to hold him to less

That's asking an awful lot for Downey to score 30 every game. They need these other guys to step up if they want to have any chance.

I agree they could be dangerous. One thing that I think will hurt them is USC will have to play four games in four days. Downey will put up 20+ shots a game and have each teams best defender so I wounder if he will have the legs under him to finish.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I agree they could be dangerous. One thing that I think will hurt them is USC will have to play four games in four days. Downey will put up 20+ shots a game and have each teams best defender so I wounder if he will have the legs under him to finish.

I agree. Not because of the shots necessarily, but because he gets hit hard just like Iverson used to. He is so small and he gets HAMMERED sometimes. I wish him the best in every game EXCEPT when they play UK.

I don't see many players like him that stay 4 years and fully develop their game. He is WAY better than he was his freshman year.
lwc Wrote:I agree. Not because of the shots necessarily, but because he gets hit hard just like Iverson used to. He is so small and he gets HAMMERED sometimes. I wish him the best in every game EXCEPT when they play UK.

I don't see many players like him that stay 4 years and fully develop their game. He is WAY better than he was his freshman year.

I totally agree, he gets hammered and keeps on going. I don't think it is the shot attempts just the kind of attempts like all the shots around the lane that he gets bumped and beat down on. I love to see the small guy do well except against the Cats.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I totally agree, he gets hammered and keeps on going. I don't think it is the shot attempts just the kind of attempts like all the shots around the lane that he gets bumped and beat down on. I love to see the small guy do well except against the Cats.

Dead-on post. He is a winner and that is what I love about the kid. I got the chance to watch him as a Freshman at UC and knew this kid was a competitor. Lot's of haters out there, but this is a kid that comes out to play, does not look pretty, but if you don't stop everyone else on his team, he will find a way to beat you!
Agreed..I love watching him play..I was the biggest IVERSON fan ever..not comparing him to iverson but he plays sorta like him
Darrin Horn will have a big time scoring void to fill in his recruiting for next year. Good luck making up 30 points a game. Downey is this years Meeks, and South Carolina is last years Kentucky (limited scoring options).