Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Kansas 81 - (13) Kansas State 79 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game, wish it would have went the other way tho.
Kansas State blew it at the end by not fouling untill Kansas went up for a layup and then not getting the rebound after a missed free throw.
^ i thought they blew it with the impossible blind lay-up attempt and the 26 foot three point attemtp. THey closed the game very poorly
Kansas State had their opportunities, but come up short in a great game. Sharron Collins had a great game and proves why he's one of the best in the game.

I honestly don't get how some of these "experts" say that Kansas is the best team in the country. Take Collins off this team and they're average. Take the best player off of Texas or Kentucky and you still have a top 5 team in the country.
I thought it was a poorly called game, they called a lot of nick pick fouls on K-State. But K-State beat themselves in OT, with the lane violations and the offense board after Collins missed the FT.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kansas State had their opportunities, but come up short in a great game. Sharron Collins had a great game and proves why he's one of the best in the game.

I honestly don't get how some of these "experts" say that Kansas is the best team in the country. Take Collins off this team and they're average. Take the best player off of Texas or Kentucky and you still have a top 5 team in the country.

Been saying this all year. This is really there first big win, and they eeked it out.
congrats to kansas even though i was hoping 4 a loss
Clemente took an awful shot at the end. Why pull that when you have been struggling all game and Pullen had been shooting better?

Plus that was a horrible call when Collins took it to the hole. The defender made no contact on him at all. The only contact was when Collins put his arm off to hold off the defender. Thats an offensive foul if it is anything.
Sherron Collins is the real deal and has been hitting big shots his whole career, and proved well again tonight in a tough and very loud environment, looks like KU will be at the top yet again.
No way Sherron Collins gets hurt as much as he acts. He could be dieing one minute and the next he's Superman.
I was hoping that K-State would win Sad
Collins carried Kansas. I thought K State out played KU the entire game but did not know how to finish. Kansas showed the have been in big games that were close in the end and K State did not. I thought K State was going to pull this one out until the last minute.
I was rooting for K-State but oh well i guess that proves that the Jayhawks are a legit top 5 team!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Clemente took an awful shot at the end. Why pull that when you have been struggling all game and Pullen had been shooting better?

Plus that was a horrible call when Collins took it to the hole. The defender made no contact on him at all. The only contact was when Collins put his arm off to hold off the defender. Thats an offensive foul if it is anything.

Agree 100%
i still think the cats could beat the jay hawks. and if they meet in the final four the cats are coming out ahead.
Poorly called game by officials against Kansas state but if they would of made one or two plays they would of won the game so they can blame it on stupid mistakes and I guess a learning experience.
Kansas St. really should have been able to close this game out but Kansas get a very well deserved win. Because of this I dont believe that Kansas has proved to be worthy of the 1 ranking.