Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (7) Georgetown 89 - (8) Duke 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Gtown played Great
Duke played Awful

Thats the Game..

Georgetown tie's the Series at 2-2
G'town could make some noise in the tourney this year...not a bad loss for duke
This tells me how good Syracuse is! Cuse blasts G-town, G-town blows out dUKe
Stardust Wrote:This tells me how good Syracuse is! Cuse blasts G-town, G-town blows out dUKe

Good observation..was the cuse game at cuse though
theVILLE Wrote:Good observation..was the cuse game at cuse though

yes
Gtown is solid and I think they are capable of beating most teams in the country.
Duke was out shot 72% to 38% from the field and Georgetown had 21 assists to Duke's 9. It was a horrible loss for Duke because they were totally outplayed. Georgetown may make some noise in March but Duke showed that it was badly over rated today.
Duke didnt show up for this game, Gtown played amazing. Duke on the other hand, couldnt get anything to fall down. They had alot of open shots, nothing would fall tho.
Gtown is a great team, and they'll be there in March time
NYY10 Wrote:yes

well see thats no a bad loss for gtown then
theVILLE Wrote:well see thats no a bad loss for gtown then

nope. i think it will be alot Closer next time, but still see Syracuse winning, There a heck of a team!
NYY10 Wrote:nope. i think it will be alot Closer next time, but still see Syracuse winning, There a heck of a team!

Yelp...i was meaning that at cuse its tought to win...they will get beat at hom this season though..idk who to but they will
Cuse is only up by 2 @ Depaul with 48 secs left.
When Wright, Freeman, and Monroe all three score 20+ like they did today. They'll could easily play with anyone in the nation.
MVP2 Wrote:Cuse is only up by 2 @ Depaul with 48 secs left.

Now that would be a shocker
MVP2 Wrote:When Wright, Freeman, and Monroe all three score 20+ like they did today. They'll could easily play with anyone in the nation.

Agreed. I like this team better than the squad they had the last two years, and this was supposed to be a down year
Stardust Wrote:This tells me how good Syracuse is! Cuse blasts G-town, G-town blows out dUKe

The BEAST East is not as down as some said. It's still without a doubt the best conference, imo.
Aslan Wrote:The BEAST East is not as down as some said. It's still without a doubt the best conference, imo.

:Thumbs: without a doubt, its the SEC in football.
This is a big time win for Georgetown, they really went downhill at this time last season so it's good to see a team fight through adversity and get a big W against one of the best teams in the country. Also tough to win if you let a team shoot 72%.
Was really dissapointed in my Devils today. Dont know why they are struggling playing teams on the road but they had better figure something out before Conference tourny at Carolina and the big show.
you do know why Duke lost dont you.

Obama was in the house lol..
NYY10 Wrote:you do know why Duke lost dont you.

Obama was in the house lol..

Lol - that's pretty good NYY10:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Lol - that's pretty good NYY10:Thumbs:

haha thank you.. I saw it mention on Yahoo Sports lol.
i love it when duke losesSmile
cuppett777 Wrote:i love it when duke losesSmile

:Thumbs:
Georgetown with a big win. They may be the only thing in Washington doing well Confusedhh:
lwc Wrote:Georgetown with a big win. They may be the only thing in Washington doing well Confusedhh:

hahaha..:Clap:
I have said it before and will say it again, if Duke has an off night from the perimeter against a good team they are toast. Their dependence on their outside game is the sole reason I do not put them as a contender to win the NC.

Georgetown shut down the penetration of Singler and Scheyer with their athleticism and when the outside shots wouldn't fall Duke just got ran. Duke is VERY weak in the paint this year.

With all that said, if Scheyer and Singler are hot from the perimeter Duke can play with anyone on any given night... I just don't see them being capable of winning 6 straight games come March against such good competition and against teams who will dominate them in the post.
Congrats to the Hoyas!
Another L.