Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 surprises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What teams surprised you the most
For Men's College Basketball:

1. Syracuse
2. Kansas State
3. Vanderbilt
4. Temple
5. Ole Miss
kansas state
*Syracuse- IMO, should be #1 in the Polls now
*North Carolina- didnt think they would be this bad
*Tennesse- without Tyler Smith, still finding ways to win
Louisville. I expected them to be bad, but not this BAD!
Tennesee would be my choice as far as a surprise. They seem to get better as the season goes on.
Temple, New Mexico seems to be playing well and how bad UNC is
I honestly thought that Rick Pitino would have a top 15 team this year and he has stunk it up, I don't know if it's the affair or the abortion thing, but he has not coached his team very well this year.... Then again, it maybe the arrests of Jerry Smith and Terrence Jennings before the basketball season..... It looks like that Pitino will be in the NIT for the 3rd time in 9 years while at Loooserville, NOT GOOD
K-State has to be mine. They are playing some great basketball in the always tough Big 12
I would say Syracuse or Villanova. Both were expected to be good, but I think they might be the 2 best teams in the country.
My top 5 would be

1. Nova
2. Cuse
3. K State
4. Maryland
5. Mich State
Kansas State is one of my surprises, Frank Martin has done some great things in the Little Apple, and has two of the premiere players in the country in Jacob Pullen and Denny Clemente.

North Carolina also, even though they lost nearly all their scoring, I figured atleast they would bring in that great recruiting class, along with Thompson, Davis and Marcus Ginyard, just hasnt clicked for them this season, and personally I'm glad, lol.

Gonzaga, I also talked about them in the underrated coaches thread, but with Matt Boldin leading the way and with the emergence of the Harris kid, Gonzaga will of course be a dangerous threat come March.

Butler, they play in the horizon league but always have one of the toughest non conference schedules in America. Two great players in Gordon Heyward, and Matt Howard, also with KY's own Shelvin Mack leading a great point guard position, Bulter is also a very dangerous team.

Syracuse, honestly they are a surprise to me, if it wasn't for a hot and lucky Pitt team, they could be the only undefeated left. They have so much talent led by Andy Rautins who is a lethal 3 point shooter and can distribute the ball, and can't forget the Iowa State transfer Wesley Johnson who I think has emerged as a POY candidate.