Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (23) Kentucky 71 - (19) LSU 62 (WOMEN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Victoria Dunlap had 24 points and nine rebounds, leading Kentucky over LSU (No. 19 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) 71-62 on Thursday night.

The victory ended the Wildcats' 16-game losing streak against the Lady Tigers. Kentucky's last victory against LSU came in the 1999 SEC tournament.Trailing by three points with 8 minutes remaining, the Wildcats scored 11 consecutive points. Amani Franklin's field goal started the run.

Two free throws by A'dia Mathies gave Kentucky the lead at 58-57.

Dunlap followed with a field goal and two foul shots. Mathies knocked down a 3-pointer to give the Wildcats a 65-57 advantage with 4:15 to go.

Crystal Riley scored a career-high 11 points and Amber Smith had 10 points for Kentucky (17-3, 5-2 SEC).

Allison Hightower was the leading scorer for LSU (14-5, 3-4) with 23 points, but she missed 20 of her 30 field goal attempts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=300280099
Womens team certainly making there presence known this season.
^ they sure are. who knows we may get to bring home to National Championships this year :biggrin:
congrats to the lady cats
Strikeout King Wrote:^ they sure are. who knows we may get to bring home to National Championships this year :biggrin:

Lol, now that's a stretch. Being in the top 25 is one thing, being in the top five would be an altogether different story. No one in their right mind would think we would compete with UConn. :please:
Stardust Wrote:Lol, now that's a stretch. Being in the top 25 is one thing, being in the top five would be an altogether different story. No one in their right mind would think we would compete with UConn. :please:

it would be nice but UCONN is very tough to beat, they have a tremendous coach.
wow great job wildcats
Matthew Mitchell has certainly turned this program.
This team is fun to watch. If Dunlap continues to play well they will be very tough to beat in the SEC.
Fantastic job for the lady cats.
Congrats Lady Cats! Nice road win.
She is just a junior isn't she?
Westside Wrote:Matthew Mitchell has certainly turned this program.

I agree, I was very happy when we got Mitchell from MSU to become the Womens coach, him and his staff has done a great job this season and the offseason recuiting. I hope Mitchell dont decide to leave us because Im sure he'll be getting offers from high programs after this season.
Coach Mitchell is awesome. Why would he leave Kentucky for some other program? He has a chance of building a program from the ground here at Kentucky. I'd say we get women recruits from our mens basketball team being so good. I hope we start to get some of the womens top recruits and get the Lady Cats ranked in the top 10.
Congrat to the Lady Cats. Off to a very good season.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, now that's a stretch. Being in the top 25 is one thing, being in the top five would be an altogether different story. No one in their right mind would think we would compete with UConn. :please:

I don't think there is a team in the country that can play with UConn. I think there is UConn, then about 5 really good teams, then the rest of the top 25.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ they sure are. who knows we may get to bring home to National Championships this year :biggrin:

Yeah, that would be awesome! Congrats to the Lady Cats! Thats should put them into the Top 20!
Big win
Congrats to the Lady Cats on the big win!
Congrats to the Lady Cats on a big road win! I have been impressed with their play this year, and even more impressed with coach Mitchell. I had really thought the program would go back into the toilet after Mickie DeMoss left, but I was wrong.

Hopefully they can keep it going and earn a top-4 seed in the tourney. Although, I will echo the sentiment of others on here and say that UK, along with everyone else, is playing for second place behind UConn (there's not a women's team out there that could stay within 20 points of them).