Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs. South Carolina: Halftime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK 29 - SC 26

We have not shot the ball well at all. How many can you miss around the rim. Cousins started off good then all of a sudden he can't get it to the rim. Take it hard or not at all. Bledsoe on offense has been better for SC than UK. He is playing horrible. We all need to focus more. How many stupid turnovers did we make?

Carolina loosk just like I thought. Downey is all they have. If we shoot better the second half we should cruise to victory but right ow that's a big IF!
Cats have the lead, but I have to say that I am so very impressed with Downey. Quickest player in college basketball. No way is he better than Wall, but in the first 20 minutes of this game, he definitely is the best player on the Floor.

Cousins another nice start to a solid game. I'd like to see him dump the ball off some in the Paint.
You beat me to it. I was just about to merge these two.
Amun-Ra Wrote:UK 29 - SC 26

We have not shot the ball well at all. How many can you miss around the rim. Cousins started off good then all of a sudden he can't get it to the rim. Take it hard or not at all. Bledsoe on offense has been better for SC than UK. He is playing horrible. We all need to focus more. How many stupid turnovers did we make?

Carolina loosk just like I thought. Downey is all they have. If we shoot better the second half we should cruise to victory but right ow that's a big IF!

Very sloppy game. We are alos getting killed on the boards. Hard to say that the Cats are outplaying the overmatched Gamecocks with all the second chances that they are getting.
We just look out of whack. Not playing our typical game and it isn't because of anything SC has done. We are just playing bad.
Sloppy half. Seems like the team has came out a little flat, Shooting wise. On the defensive end they have been pretty good. Really think that Wall picks it up in the second. He had a rough first half and had some pretty freshmen like turnovers. Turn it around, take down the turnovers, limit Downey's shots and come out with a win.
Amun-Ra Wrote:We just look out of whack. Not playing our typical game and it isn't because of anything SC has done. We are just playing bad.

My son attributes it to coming in with the #1 ranking. That may have something to do with it, but USC is a tough place to play
Downey is sick!

I'm telling you, the Cats are letting the Gamecocks KILL them on the offensive glass. Cats are flat out FLAT. No excuse with UK's interior size to get their BUTTS kicked on the glass, NO EXCUSE!
Ive said many times that the only thing that this UK team has not done that I wanted to see how they react to is trailing with 5 minutes to go in a game. This could be the game. If they can battle and outplay the Gamecocks, this may be the biggest lesson this young team needs to prep them for March. I could care less about the undefeated season, but I am not one who beleives a team NEEDs a loss. I'd like to see them make this a battle and pull it out.
UK is not playing aggressive, we are not making shot we should, we are not taking care of the ball and we are making USC look like a good team. They have ONE player but yet are beating us by 4.

Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe and Miller are non-exsistant. If we don't play better we will get beat by 10+.
The Cats can only thank the USC coaching staff for giving Downey a rest because everytime he comes out the Cats get back in it. How does ONE player beat you!
We need to get Cousins the ball
Downey might as well just go set on the foul line because he is going to be there the rest of the night. Jesus!
Finally, I was just saying Why have the Cats stopped pounding the ball to the inside.

Cats guards are not finishing layups
Amun-Ra Wrote:Downey might as well just go set on the foul line because he is going to be there the rest of the night. Jesus!

He'll have 20 freethrows. Can't say they are cheap, he is getting fould legit. He is just too fast for anyone on the UK team to guard
I swear, how can you miss that many layups. If we lose it is because we simply are not focused and playing lax. Getting beat on the boards and missing layups is just not what a good team does.
Stardust Wrote:He'll have 20 freethrows. Can't say they are cheap, he is getting fould legit. He is just too fast for anyone on the UK team to guard
Oh come on. Not all of em. If they all are legit then call one on me cause I have made just as much contact with him.

Like I said. Last two fouls on Downey?????

Dont matter though we can't make a wide open layup.
I cannont believe Dodson just missed that dunk.
Devon Downey - Top 3 basketball players in the nation!

Best basketball player on the Floor tonight.

I'd like to see the Cats continue to pound the ball into Cousins. But he has to feel the double team and kick it out. Cousin's hits his FT's down the stretch, Cats will win this game
I guess there was no contact when Wall took it to the hoop?
WHY did Cal call that timeout.

I thought Downey was fouled on his drive, but Wall was HAMMERED!
Amun-Ra Wrote:I guess there was no contact when Wall took it to the hoop?

Yep, I just said that. PP fouled Downey on his drive, I guess they were not going to call either one
****! Good game UK. Played like a champion today.
Downey is the most underrated player ever!!!He just showed the possible POY up tonight...Great game downey..he gets my award and it is for the BIGGEST LITTLE MAN!!!!
Uk didnt come to play they came with the big head as #1 Downey single handly eat Uk up.