Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morris declared Eligible!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He has to sit 5 more games then he will be on the court!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sect...id=2260093
Morris to Rejoin Wildcats Jan. 10

UK sophomore center Randolph Morris will be allowed to rejoin the Wildcats later this season, based on a decision rendered yesterday by the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee.

Following is a news release from the NCAA:

Based on new information submitted by theUniversity of Kentucky on Tuesday, December 13, the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement staff has revisited the Randolph Morris reinstatement decision to determine if additional relief is appropriate. This was a reconsideration by the staff rather than an appeal to the Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee.

The new information, which was not included in the university’s original request for reinstatement and some of which is personal and confidential, provides additional understanding of Morris’ original intent to enter the NBA draft as well as his mindset during that process and his failure to avail himself of university resources in the process.

In particular, the University of Kentucky produced a facsimile that Morris sent to head coach Tubby Smith on May 9, 2005, that indicated Morris’ clear intent to retain his collegiate eligibility while declaring for the NBA draft.

Based on the seriousness of multiple rules violations involving dealings with an agent and accepting expenses to tryout for NBA teams, the reinstatement staff determined that a significant withholding condition was still warranted, even after the new information was presented this week. However, based on the new information, the staff has reinstated Morris’ eligibility with the condition that he be withheld from 50 percent of the season (14 games) and required to repay the impermissible expenses received.

Morris received more than $7,000 from nine NBA teams for expenses related to tryouts. NCAA legislation permits summer tryouts, but student-athletes may not receive expenses or other payment from NBA teams.

Morris was originally withheld from competition for the 2005-06 season and required to repay all impermissible expenses. He may continue to practice and scrimmage with the team until his withholding condition ends on January 10, 2006. Following this season, Morris will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2006-07 season.

The reinstatement staff did not declare Morris permanently ineligible because there was no explicit written or oral agreement with an agent. However, with the Morris family’s knowledge, the agency marketed the student-athlete’s skills to NBA teams and served as the teams’ point of contact for Morris. The agency scheduled, arranged and confirmed workouts with NBA teams and sought feedback from teams on the student-athlete’s draft status.

The NCAA will not provide any further comment on this matter. Any additional questions should be directed to the University of Kentucky.
Wow....I was one of those who said he wouldn't see the floor this season. This is great news for the Cats....
I'm shocked he made it back as well. Great news for the cats
Guess I was right after all...Good deal...Hopefully he'll play with some intensity when he returns...
That's great news!!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Need I say

I TOLD YOU SO

I TOLD YOU SO.

I KNEW IT WASN'T OVER.

To much money and politics to keep him on the sidelines.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

Daddy just got a new pair of shoes.

HOT D A M N
yea yea yea who cares anymore
Whatever.

I was gone and when I came in I just had a strange feeling that something was going to happen with the situation today. Didn't know if it was good or bad but knew I had to check out ESPN NEWS ASAP.

I'm just to ate up with the Cats.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE NCAA HAS RE-INSTATED MORRIS AND WILL PLAY AGAINST VANDERBILT !!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Tubby and Morris press conference live now.
CHRISTMAS HAS CAME EARLY CAT FANS !!!!!

WE'RE BACK !!!!!!!!!
Couldn't have been better timing. Maybe this will give us a shot in the arm before the UL game.
Didn't see all the press conference but from what I gathered I guess Tubby couldn't find the fax and that turned out to be the big lost piece of the puzzle and once UK produced it all changed in the eyes of the NCAA.
Morris will be back for conference play and this what is important. Don't get me wrong I would love to beat Uvel but winning the SEC again is what matters and Morris WILL make this a totally different team.
I think this will give the Cats a big shot in the arm. Louisville better watch out for a more intense Wildcat team this Saturday in the House of Blue. This could have not came at a better time for the UK team, staff and fans.
Here is the Morris/Smith Press conference from WLEX -18

http://www.wlextv.com/global/video/popup...3&h1=Tubby Smith / Randolph Morris Press Conference&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=285133&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&rnd=44672621

**Just copy & paste the whole link into your browser
"Batpuff" Wrote:The new information, which was not included in the university’s original request for reinstatement and some of which is personal and confidential, provides additional understanding of Morris’ original intent to enter the NBA draft as well as his mindset during that process and his failure to avail himself of university resources in the process.

In particular, the University of Kentucky produced a facsimile that Morris sent to head coach Tubby Smith on May 9, 2005, that indicated Morris’ clear intent to retain his collegiate eligibility while declaring for the NBA draft.

It's amazing how things like this can show up at just the right time.. Good job Tubby. Way to be responsible.

Someone must have shelled out some cash.. I was under the impression that Morris cut off all ties with UK at this time.. and if i was a coach and a player did that, I don't care how good he was, his ass would be on the bench since the courts and all that still allow him to dress..
Hopefully this will help the Cats.
"ACE" Wrote:Hopefully this will help the Cats.
Could it hurt the Cats?
yeah with the re-instatement this might put a little fire under UK for the UL game
just goin tell u if u didnt know Morris is coming back to play for the Wildcats
Yes, Morris is indeed coming back. He gets to play his 1st game back on Jan. 10th aganist Vandy. Congrats to Morris and THE CATS
Maybe this will help turn the team around.
A little late on this....but I gone on kentucky.com and saw this!!! GREAT NEWS!! :dance: :dance:
WOOHOOO...The cats may have a chance to go to the FINAL FOUR !
:dance: GREAT NEWS FOR THE CATS!!!!!!!
I hope it can help them.. I really hope that nothing can get worse than it already has for their team lol..
I am a HUGE Uk fan and very disappointed in them so far.. so Hopefully this will help
well i guess i was wrong about this. looks like Tubby pulled out a miracle. just hope he doesnt leave again. which there is a possibility.
Pages: 1 2