Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How long does UK stay #1/undefeated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
January 26 at South Carolina 9:00 PM ET
January 30 No. 23 Vanderbilt 4:00 PM ET
February 2 No. 20 Mississippi 7:00 PM ET
February 6 at LSU 4:00 PM ET
February 9 Alabama 9:00 PM ET
February 13 No. 14 Tennessee 9:00 PM ET
February 16 at Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET
February 20 at No. 23 Vanderbilt 6:00 PM ET
February 25 South Carolina 9:00 PM ET
February 27 at No. 14 Tennessee 12:00 PM ET CBS
March 3 at Georgia 8:00 PM ET
March 7 Florida 12:00 PM ET CBS

What say you?
SOmetime Next Year Smile
Aslan Wrote:January 26 at South Carolina 9:00 PM ET
January 30 No. 23 Vanderbilt 4:00 PM ET
February 2 No. 20 Mississippi 7:00 PM ET
February 6 at LSU 4:00 PM ET
February 9 Alabama 9:00 PM ET
February 25 South Carolina 9:00 PM ET
March 3 at Georgia 8:00 PM ET
March 7 Florida 12:00 PM ET CBS

What say you?

Just a prediction, one of these two games. I dont see a team going undefeated all season. So i think its in there best interest to lose one of these games or a SEC championship game. Id rather see them lose regular season and win the SEC championship and National Championship though.
csabo17 Wrote:Just a prediction, one of these two games. I dont see a team going undefeated all season. So i think its in there best interest to lose one of these games or a SEC championship game. Id rather see them lose regular season and win the SEC championship and National Championship though.

I agree!! However, I would not be surprised if we end up just having a rough game in the SEC tourney and have that as our only loss. Come on cats go for the 40-0.
@ MSU or @Vandy....

I actually see UK with two losses entering the post-season. I think once the undefeated streak goes away UK will be prone to a let down game one night as well.
I'll take one game at a time instead of prognostigating the entire season. I look at tonight as a real test. The Gamecocks are a legit threat and the Cats has not played their best basketball at USC.
Tonight!!! beware of the Gamecocks!!
i think there are several teams left that can beat UK and i agree that i think dropping one or two might be good for the team.
Potential losses:

If UK doesn't run the table, then I think their only loss will be one of these two (though I'm not completely ruling out that they lose both of these):

until they play tenn
i see them losing 2, in regular season, hope they dont lose any all year
Tonight, Cocks in a upset!!
I agree..bewareof a guy named downey
Overrated Wrote:Tonight, Cocks in a upset!!

I don't really like the term upset. If USC wins, they will do it legit. They are solid and USC has proven a difficult place to play for visiting teams. If Downey can keep his team in control, they can give UK some issues.

To me, it comes down to USC's big men not getting blown off the court. If they get in early foul trouble, USC will be "Deader than Fried Chicken"
Stardust Wrote:I don't really like the term upset. If USC wins, they will do it legit. They are solid and USC has proven a difficult place to play for visiting teams. If Downey can keep his team in control, they can give UK some issues.

To me, it comes down to USC's big men not getting blown off the court. If they get in early foul trouble, USC will be "Deader than Fried Chicken"

Stardust! How dare you!!!!
^ lol
Stardust Wrote:I don't really like the term upset. If USC wins, they will do it legit. They are solid and USC has proven a difficult place to play for visiting teams. If Downey can keep his team in control, they can give UK some issues.

So if south carolina beats the supposed to be #1 team in the land, its not an upset...and SC get in foul trouble at SC, i highly doubt that
Never
Til the Elite Eight!!!
i don't see them staying undefeated the rest of the season, but then again who knows. if they play like they did against arkansas then they can't be touched, period.
I agree with Stardust. If USC gets in foul trouble then the game is over. They are already limited with depth and Downy is their only real scoring threat. So put Miller of Bledsoe on him and hold him to around 15-18 points and I think that the game should be in hand. If he goes off and keeps them in it, then the game can go either way.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree with Stardust. If USC gets in foul trouble then the game is over. They are already limited with depth and Downy is their only real scoring threat. So put Miller of Bledsoe on him and hold him to around 15-18 points and I think that the game should be in hand. If he goes off and keeps them in it, then the game can go either way.

You are dead-on here SDK. They are without their #2 scorer and top rebounder already. Though they have played well without those players, they will have to play perfect in order to win. I think I am OK if Downey scores the 30+ PPG that he has so far in the SEC, what we need to do is keep him from have 10 assists. If he scores and gets assists, that means we are not keeping USC from doing what they need to do. I like mixing Miller and Bledsoe.

When I read your post, I just thought of the one guy who may be a Downey stopper if he gets the chance. Liggins! Liggins is the combination of Miller (length and height) and Bledsoe (quickness) that could have an impact on Downey. You lose significant offense, but I think his defense may be more important in stopping their only offensive threat.
UK leads the SEC in: Scoring offense with 83.2 PPG, Rebonds with 42.2 RPG, Feild-Goal Shooting with 49.8%, and Free-Throw Shooting with 68.6%.

They are second in the SEC in Three Point Shooting with 38.1%.

John Wall leads the SEC in: Assists with 6.9 APG, Tied for 2nd most steals with 38, and is 2nd in Free-Throw Shooting with 80%.(Devan Downey leads the SEC with only having made 1 more free throw.

Pattrick patterson leads the SEC in Feild-Goal Shooting with 61.2%

there are plenty more Wildcats that are 3rd best in the SEC in other stats but if I wrote those I would be going on for days. When Kentucky plays like they should nobody can touch them. The only way they will lose in the regualr season is if they have injuries or play WAY down to the competition.
Stardust Wrote:You are dead-on here SDK. They are without their #2 scorer and top rebounder already. Though they have played well without those players, they will have to play perfect in order to win. I think I am OK if Downey scores the 30+ PPG that he has so far in the SEC, what we need to do is keep him from have 10 assists. If he scores and gets assists, that means we are not keeping USC from doing what they need to do. I like mixing Miller and Bledsoe.

When I read your post, I just thought of the one guy who may be a Downey stopper if he gets the chance. Liggins! Liggins is the combination of Miller (length and height) and Bledsoe (quickness) that could have an impact on Downey. You lose significant offense, but I think his defense may be more important in stopping their only offensive threat.

Man this game is playing perfectly into USC s hands. UK is not playing a good game and if they do not get it together here in a minute then they will get beat.
Apparently until 11:18 on Tuesday night.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Apparently until 11:18 on Tuesday night.

Sad
one day apparently
We will prolly drop put the top 10.
Downey is the man!!!!!!!!!
theVILLE Wrote:Downey is the man!!!!!!!!!

lol too bad louisville doesn't have someone like him, they might be able to beat teams like charlotte if they did. lol.
Pages: 1 2