Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1)Kentucky @ South Carolina 1/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats are a better team, but this is a place that the Cats have struggled at for quite a few years. Could this be where the perfect season ends?
Im gonna say no, We move to 20-0 after this game
im a HUGE DOWNEY FAN!!! so i have to go with the gamecocks...but i say in a close one...all depends on how downey shoots...and you can bet the cats get the gamecocks best shot!...
I would not have guessed theVille to pick it any other way.....
Navajo4life Wrote:I would not have guessed theVille to pick it any other way.....

where have you been!!ive actually been picking UK to win alot of there games!!lol..but im a huge downey fan..as long as he plays a good game im happy..i really hope UK wins (as long as downey does great)
Cats will roll in this one, I honestly don't see their first loss coming until Tenn.
Downey is a great player but the rest of SC can not match up at all against UK. If we come out ready to play we should win by 15.
go cats
cats
I think UK wins. This was one of the road games I was concerned about along with @UT and Vandy. SC pulled off the sweep last year and at least the last few years UK has struggled at SC. I can see this being a close game but hope the Cats play like they did today and it will not be a game.
I believe Downey gets his game, but the role-players do nothing. Cats win by 7.
UK wins in the range of 15-20 points i will say
UK-84
SC-68
If we lose this season itll be at vandy.
im so looking forward to this game!!!I hope downey has 35-40 points...I love watching him play..but ive not really made my mind up on the outcome
^ I think they're good to go, but playing at Vandy is going to be a test.
Kentucky will survive the frenzied crowd 75-67.
This will probably be the toughest SEC game that the Wildcats will have played so far! The Gamecocks starting lineup consists of all Seniors and Juniors who have had alot of experience and of course leading the starting lineup is Devan Downey who is making a great case for SEC Player of the Year with 22ppg, 3.6apg, 3.3rpg, and 3.2spg!! One of our worst qualities is defender the perimeter and that been something that South Carolina has always killed us on are 3 pointers. They have several good shooter and of course leading that is Devan Downey shooting 35% from the perimeter! Also there best shooter is Brandis Raley-Ross who is shooting 42% from the perimeter but Downey has made more. Another player who is normally just a role player but always seems to have a breakout game against us Evaldas Banniulis who is currently shooting 31% from the perimeter. So the Cats need to be careful in the one and keep up the defensive intensity! With all this said I think that it will be a close and high scoring game but that Cats will pull this one off by atleast 8. Should look something like 91-83 IMO!
leecoukfan Wrote:This will probably be the toughest SEC game that the Wildcats will have played so far! The Gamecocks starting lineup consists of all Seniors and Juniors who have had alot of experience and of course leading the starting lineup is Devan Downey who is making a great case for SEC Player of the Year with 22ppg, 3.6apg, 3.3rpg, and 3.2spg!! One of our worst qualities is defender the perimeter and that been something that South Carolina has always killed us on are 3 pointers. They have several good shooter and of course leading that is Devan Downey shooting 35% from the perimeter! Also there best shooter is Brandis Raley-Ross who is shooting 42% from the perimeter but Downey has made more. Another player who is normally just a role player but always seems to have a breakout game against us Evaldas Banniulis who is currently shooting 31% from the perimeter. So the Cats need to be careful in the one and keep up the defensive intensity! With all this said I think that it will be a close and high scoring game but that Cats will pull this one off by atleast 8. Should look something like 91-83 IMO!

Hope your right! as long as downey plays great im happy
theVILLE Wrote:Hope your right! as long as downey plays great im happy

I would imagine that he will! Last season he dropped 23pts and had 4stls against us at Rupp Arena then he dropped 21pts and had 5stls in Columbia, SC and he is having a better season this year so it should be very interesting to see him and John Wall go at it especially since their is a 7 inch height difference between them.
UK is too big for SC. i believe everyone who watches downey has to be a fan. the man is the only reason they can even come close to anyone.
Cats by 7!
Cats by 6-10. They have the lead most the game, but the cocks won't go away at home.
South Carolina will give more effort at home in this game than they will in any other game in the regular season. You can bet money they would love to spoil the Wildcats first week being ranked #1 since 2003. Downey is a great player and may end up with 30 points. The problem is that UK is way too big for the Gamecocks. You know what you get with Patterson and Cousins: even with that production I say Orton off the bench is the difference (as he has been in a quite a few games thus far this season).

I'm picking UK by 8 on the road.

Go Wildcats!
^ Orton has a chance to turn this into a "Block Party" again. USC likes to score on dribble penetration.
Kentucky by 10
Stardust Wrote:^ Orton has a chance to turn this into a "Block Party" again. USC likes to score on dribble penetration.

Would love to see Orton go off like he did against Arkansas.
im going to say downey goes for alot! I hope he drops 50..but the inside game is what will hurt them...Downey and Co. does tend to get players in foul trouble especially at home
Im still gonna take UK by 6 in a tight one.