Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville College 76 - Georgetown College 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big win for the bears in front of a huge crowd. Setty played very well.
Did they set the attendance record?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Big win for the bears in front of a huge crowd. Setty played very well.

That he did, I was suprised to see him play that good. I didnt hear of him when we was at Mason Co last year.He has to be one of the best freshman in the conference. Good win for Well's Bears!
Reanimate Wrote:Did they set the attendance record?

I think they did. WYMT has that it was 3,558. Sounds like it was a big success (not to quote Borat).
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/82329792.html
MVP2 Wrote:That he did, I was suprised to see him play that good. I didnt hear of him when we was at Mason Co last year.He has to be one of the best freshman in the conference. Good win for Well's Bears!

Setty IMO has turned into Pikeville's best player. He's had numerous 20+ point games this season. The next few years with him and Landon here are going to be good.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think they did. WYMT has that it was 3,558. Sounds like it was a big success (not to quote Borat).
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/82329792.html

Ugh that was a bad attempt at humor.
I thought the PA guy said the total attendence was 2,800 something.

As for the game, Pikeville has a very good team that is well coached. Don't see Trevor Setty staying at Pikeville very long because he's something else. With his shooting ability and his ability to draw contact while driving and being able to finish-will draw a lot of attention from D1 schools. He could start for a lot of mid-majors now from what I saw tonight.

Congrats Bears!
Great win for the Pikeville, I was really impressed with them, they are a very talent team that really goes deep on there bench. Wells has done a great job with them, and I look for them to become a power house in the NAIA in the coming years. I bet Ole Happy is kick his self for not trying to get that Mason County kid to stay, that kid is FOR REAL.
I was impressed that 3 different tv stations showed the game live.
How did Justin Hicks do?
MVP2 Wrote:That he did, I was suprised to see him play that good. I didnt hear of him when we was at Mason Co last year.He has to be one of the best freshman in the conference. Good win for Well's Bears!

Trevor was considered a D1 prospect as a sophomore but his body never got physically bigger. He had some issues that forced him to sit out of Basketball last year. His younger brother Treg, is now being a very good prospect, not d1, but byt the time he graduates next year I anticipate he will get D1 offers.
justin hicks played well at the end i thought...i misses the first quarter...hicks is one of the best shooters ive saw from the mountains
Hicks is overrated IMO. I dont think he is that good.
cincycat23 Wrote:Hicks is overrated IMO. I dont think he is that good.

Hicks is a very good basketball player and IMO NOT overrated by any means. I have followed him through high school and since at PC. He scored over 1700 points in high school in 3 years and is close to the 1000 point mark already at PC. I would not say overrated.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I thought the PA guy said the total attendence was 2,800 something.

As for the game, Pikeville has a very good team that is well coached. Don't see Trevor Setty staying at Pikeville very long because he's something else. With his shooting ability and his ability to draw contact while driving and being able to finish-will draw a lot of attention from D1 schools. He could start for a lot of mid-majors now from what I saw tonight.

Congrats Bears!

Pikeville is not a JUCO that people use as a stepping stone for D1. He will be at PC as long as Coach Wells is ther.
cincycat23 Wrote:Hicks is overrated IMO. I dont think he is that good.

Hicks struggled a little early, but to say he is overrated........you have no clue.
good job pikeville
Justin Hicks takes a lot of bad shots IMO. He has a good shot and is somewhat fast, but his decision making isn't the greatest.
Congrats to Pikeville!
Seems like the basketball team at PC is on the up and up. Tied for first in the MSC and nationally ranked.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Justin Hicks takes a lot of bad shots IMO. He has a good shot and is somewhat fast, but his decision making isn't the greatest.

AGREED! He has been this way since he's been at Pikeville, but for the most part Pikeville has been shorthanded with PG's and he's had an extremely long leash and been able to do pretty much whatever he's wanted because there has been nobody behind him to go in.
superfreak Wrote:Hicks is a very good basketball player and IMO NOT overrated by any means. I have followed him through high school and since at PC. He scored over 1700 points in high school in 3 years and is close to the 1000 point mark already at PC. I would not say overrated.

:Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ugh that was a bad attempt at humor.

Thanks man. :Thumbs: I guess you got the reference.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Thanks man. Way to sound like a jerk. :Thumbs:

You're welcome.
Pikeville sure did lay it on Temple Baptist last night, 110-58.

Heard TBs head coach didn't show up and they only had 7 players.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're welcome.

They won by 55 last night right.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:They won by 55 last night right.

52, actually.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville sure did lay it on Temple Baptist last night, 110-58.

Heard TBs head coach didn't show up and they only had 7 players.

I'd say the starters didn't play 10 minutes each the whole game. How can a college team only have 7 players?
PC_You_Know Wrote:52, actually.

Ouch, off by three.
Where there any fans there?

Anyways the PC game last week was a big hit in the community and they should try to promote the Camblesville game the same way. That game is shaping up to be a huge Mid South game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'd say the starters didn't play 10 minutes each the whole game. How can a college team only have 7 players?

Yeah, I was told a guy who doesn't even play that much led Pikeville in scoring.
Pages: 1 2