Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Name The Cats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All the great teams that have went through rich tradition of Kentucky basketball all had nicknames. Such as The Fabulous five, Rupp's Runts, Fiddlin Five,and the Unforgetables. So I was thinking this team really hasn't been named yet so I came up these suggestions. Feel freely to add yor own nickname or comment on the one you picked.
Cal's Cat's
If anyone ever says "cardiac cats" again, I'm going to slap a baby penguin. That one is so over-used.
What about the "Phenom Five?
leecoukfan Wrote:What about the "Phenom Five?

I like that one.:Clap:
Umm, I don't know about you all, but I have only one name for them:

"NATIONAL CHAMPS"
Stardust Wrote:Umm, I don't know about you all, but I have only one name for them:

"NATIONAL CHAMPS"

Believer ?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Believer ?

As bad as I see the rest of the teams below number five, I buy it
The baby Cats>? lol
Cal's Kittens lol
Reanimate Wrote:Cal's Kittens lol

Not bad. lol.
Aslan Wrote:The baby Cats>? lol

Reanimate Wrote:Cal's Kittens lol

... Sadly, these names make sense...
Stardust Wrote:As bad as I see the rest of the teams below number five, I buy it

I shall never post again lol. Not!
I'm not a big fan of any of those names to be honest, I think I ilke "The Young Guns" best.
leecoukfan Wrote:What about the "Phenom Five?
I like that too!
I say the Calley Cats, as in alley cats. Something you don't want to mess with.:redboxer:
they are all great names
Bigblue#4 Wrote:All the great teams that have went through rich tradition of Kentucky basketball all had nicknames. Such as The Fabulous five, Rupp's Runts, Fiddlin Five,and the Unforgetables. So I was thinking this team really hasn't been named yet so I came up these suggestions. Feel freely to add yor own nickname or comment on the one you picked.
All those great teams have one thing in common. They all either brought big trophies back to Lexington or instilled the pride back in this program after probation had stripped it away. This is a great team we have now. But lets give them time and let them actually win something before we crown them. Its a long time between now and the first Monday in April. I quote the philosopher W. Axl Rose "All we need is just a little patience".
2011 NBA All Rookie Team
how about the 2009-2010 university of kentucky wildcats??
cincycat23 Wrote:how about the 2009-2010 university of kentucky wildcats??

:Thumbs: Creative.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:All those great teams have one thing in common. They all either brought big trophies back to Lexington or instilled the pride back in this program after probation had stripped it away. This is a great team we have now. But lets give them time and let them actually win something before we crown them. Its a long time between now and the first Monday in April. I quote the philosopher W. Axl Rose "All we need is just a little patience".

Honestly we don't have time for patience, possible 4 out of 5 staters could be in the NBA next year. By the time this year is done this could be the greatest Cat team ever.
Fearsome Five is the best name in the poll IMO..
The Un-Guardables
What about.....

The Ressurect-a-CATS!

Because they brought KY Basketball back from the dead!
OffTheHook Wrote:What about.....

The Ressurect-a-CATS!

Because they brought KY Basketball back from the dead!

Like that one

I was thinking something like that....... We're back Cats
Colonel Kill Wrote:Like that one

I was thinking something like that....... We're back Cats

That crossed my mind as well. :Thumbs:
idk about a good name but i agree, i want to slap a baby penguin
Cal's Kids! Or the Phenom Five!
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Honestly we don't have time for patience, possible 4 out of 5 staters could be in the NBA next year. By the time this year is done this could be the greatest Cat team ever.
Youre missing my point. We cant contribute to blowing this teams head up. These kids listen to the call in shows, read the internet posts, and hear all the hype on TV. They dont need to be entering the stretch run of the SEC schedule with a bad case of overconfidence.
Pages: 1 2