Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (11)WVU 68 - Marshall 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good game thus far.
Ahh, I thought this was the final score lol.
Final was 68-60. Marshall cut it to 3 with about 30 seconds left, but could get no closer. Marshall is going to give someone fits in CUSA. The Herd has not made the Big Dance in well over 20 years.
once again that is why WV is overrated
good inner state rivalry
I am sure it feels good to beat Marshall doesn't it dangerousdaneerfan?
I think this more than proves that the Mountaineers are overrated!
lwc Wrote:I am sure it feels good to beat Marshall doesn't it dangerousdaneerfan?

The last two times they beat us for the "state championship" WVU went to the Elite Eight (2005) and Sweet Sixteen (2006). This is not a Marshall team of the past. Donny Jones is making them into a serious threat in C-USA since Calipari went to UK.
theVILLE Wrote:once again that is why WV is overrated

Your arsekicking is coming next Saturday in Morgantown. I would not mention us being overrated when your Birdies crapped up the place losing to Western Carolina.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Your arsekicking is coming next Saturday in Morgantown. I would not mention us being overrated when your Birdies crapped up the place losing to Western Carolina.
:lmao: Dont forget Charlotte either! (who lost by 33 to Mingo County State or somebody like that)
theVILLE Wrote:once again that is why WV is overrated

Ranked teams find ways to win...Unranked teams lose to Seton Hall!
TidesHoss32 Wrote::lmao: Dont forget Charlotte either! (who lost by 33 to Mingo County State or somebody like that)

TideHoss, is that not the school located across the river from Inez???:lmao:
Stardust Wrote:Ranked teams find ways to win...Unranked teams lose to Seton Hall!

:lmao:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:TideHoss, is that not the school located across the river from Inez???:lmao:
Im not sure if it is or not, but Im sure theyve beat Louisville this year too :biggrin: ..Cant spell Louisville without the big L!
Marshall is a pretty good team. They may very well win C-USA
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Marshall is a pretty good team. They may very well win C-USA

Marshall has a lot of talent.
I am by no means making excuses for WVU, but Marshall is a very talented, well-coached team. It would not surprise me at all to see Marshall crack the top 25 some time this season. Also, with the WVU/Marshall game, Marshall has nothing to lose. Most people expect them to lose to WVU.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Your arsekicking is coming next Saturday in Morgantown. I would not mention us being overrated when your Birdies crapped up the place losing to Western Carolina.

actually lousiville has some bad loses, but they still going to GO TO morgantown and get a win!!!your team was getting lucky and hitting buzzerbeaters EVERY GAME for a longtime is the only reason they have no bad loses...
THE VILLE WILL BEAT WV:Cheerlead
ImagineThat! Wrote:I am by no means making excuses for WVU, but Marshall is a very talented, well-coached team. It would not surprise me at all to see Marshall crack the top 25 some time this season. Also, with the WVU/Marshall game, Marshall has nothing to lose. Most people expect them to lose to WVU.

marshall cracks top 25..idk about that..but i agree they are a grea team
theVILLE Wrote:marshall cracks top 25..idk about that..but i agree they are a grea team

I didn't say they would, but that it would not surprise me.

In the most recent Bracketology by Joe Lunardi (take it for what it's worth), he has them winning C-USA and as a #13 seed.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I didn't say they would, but that it would not surprise me.

In the most recent Bracketology by Joe Lunardi (take it for what it's worth), he has them winning C-USA and as a #13 seed.

i see them makin the tourney and im doubting winning C-USA..i still say memphis does
Yeah, I would have to give the edge to Memphis too. It is very possible, maybe not probable, for Marshall to pull it off though. As a WVU fan, that is hard for me to say. lol Actually, I like to see all local teams do well. Just not against the Eers.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Yeah, I would have to give the edge to Memphis too. It is very possible, maybe not probable, for Marshall to pull it off though. As a WVU fan, that is hard for me to say. lol Actually, I like to see all local teams do well. Just not against the Eers.

i cheer for the local teams, just not against the cards...lol..but this isnt my year..ive had my 3 or 4 years, time for a down one and then we will gt back eventually..
i reall do look for ville to give the eers more than they can handle though!! Good luck next saturday:eyeroll:
theVILLE Wrote:i cheer for the local teams, just not against the cards...lol..but this isnt my year..ive had my 3 or 4 years, time for a down one and then we will gt back eventually..
i reall do look for ville to give the eers more than they can handle though!! Good luck next saturday:eyeroll:

I look for Pitino's patented pressure D to give WVU's backcourt some problems. If Truck will slow down and Ebanks will pull his head out of his butt, then I think WVU wins a close one (that's all we've had lately) at the Coliseum.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I look for Pitino's patented pressure D to give WVU's backcourt some problems. If Truck will slow down and Ebanks will pull his head out of his butt, then I think WVU wins a close one (that's all we've had lately) at the Coliseum.

Yeah i will give you that..louisville has played with everyone just cant seem to get the W
WVU wins easily. UL is just god awful this season. they are just trying to get through the season staying at 500. or above. they should be thinking of next season cuz this one is over for them.
cincycat23 Wrote:WVU wins easily. UL is just god awful this season. they are just trying to get through the season staying at 500. or above. they should be thinking of next season cuz this one is over for them.

i bet they beat your bearcats sunday!!:Cheerlead
No chance does Loserville beat Cincy IMO.
LClion4life Wrote:No chance does Loserville beat Cincy IMO.

watch and see