Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wake Forest 82 - (23) UNC 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one was ugly in the second half for the Heels and was not as close as the final score looks...UNC was down by 22 with a little over a minute to play.

This loss should be the one that ushers UNC out of the polls....finally. I mean how many do you have to lose to be knocked out? UNC has lost 7 games....7! and still in the Top 25!

As a side note, UNC is now 12 wins behind UK for the all time wins. At this rate Kansas might pass up UNC for second place, but Kansas will not reach 2000 wins this year even if they win it all and dont lose another game this season..hypothetically of course. So, it looks like UK will sit alone in the 2000's this season unless UNC turns it on...but I don't see it happening soon. The ACC is tough this year...Duke and Clemson will absolutely destroy them.
:Clap: I love it.
UNC drops to #25.
PC_You_Know Wrote:UNC drops to #25.

:thatsfunn You're probably right...lol
In an amazing turn of events after losing yet another game, UNC regains the #1 ranking in college basketball, snubbing Kentucky who will remain at #2. :biggrin:
ComfortEagle Wrote:In an amazing turn of events after losing yet another game, UNC regains the #1 ranking in college basketball, snubbing Kentucky who will remain at #2. :biggrin:

Don't give ESPN any ideas for the ESPN\USA Today poll...shhhhh!Confusedhh::biggrin:
BelfryPride Wrote:Don't give ESPN any ideas for the ESPN\USA Today poll...shhhhh!Confusedhh::biggrin:

To late the words out.
UNC should drop out of the top 25,they're not that good.
ComfortEagle Wrote:In an amazing turn of events after losing yet another game, UNC regains the #1 ranking in college basketball, snubbing Kentucky who will remain at #2. :biggrin:
:thatsfunn Wouldnt be surprised
:beavis:Always good to see the Tarheels lose and struggle. GO CATS!!:Clap::beavis:
yea im agreeing there overrated now
unc big time overated
Does anyone still believe UNC is a good team?
They're not a bad team..Just not the UNC expectations people is use too seeing. They are deffently not a top 25 team though lol., They are like any other normal ACC team. We are just use to them beating the GA Techs, Wakes, Maryland etc.
Overrated Wrote:They're not a bad team..Just not the UNC expectations people is use too seeing. They are deffently not a top 25 team though lol., They are like any other normal ACC team. We are just use to them beating the GA Techs, Wakes, Maryland etc.

Agreed
espn said this last night and i thought it was interesting. UNC for the first time since like 2001 does not have a NBA caliber point guard playing. in college basketball having a good point guard is so important. look at UK the last couple of years.
I love how I see alot more UK fans now that they are actually doing something, I also like how they diss a team rebulding, UNC has 7 underclassmen on their roster and have no real experience at the guard position. But UNC will be fine because another great recruiting class is coming in and should really help this team.
jyk2010 Wrote:i love how i see alot more uk fans now that they r actually doin somethin, i also like how they diss a team rebulding, unc has 7 underclassmen on there roster and have no real experience at the guard position but unc will b fine because another great recruiting class is coming in and should really help this team

You just started on this site, you obviously do not know that 90% of the posts on this site are from UK followers. I have not seen bandwagon fans increase just because UK is doing better. I see disgruntled fans become more happy.
Stardust Wrote:You just started on this site, you obviously do not know that 90% of the posts on this site are from UK followers. I have not seen bandwagon fans increase just because UK is doing better. I see disgruntled fans become more happy.

Exactly, disappointment has turned to joy.
Another tough loss for the Heels.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Exactly, disappointment has turned to joy.

:Thumbs:
Another loss for the Tar Heels would make you think that they're going to drop out of the Top 25 but for some reason people seem to think that its forbidden to publish a Top 25 poll without UNC in it!!
UNC is getting close to knocking Louisville out of the NIT and into the tourney in place of them!
jyk2010 Wrote:I love how I see alot more UK fans now that they are actually doing something, I also like how they diss a team rebulding, UNC has 7 underclassmen on their roster and have no real experience at the guard position. But UNC will be fine because another great recruiting class is coming in and should really help this team.

This is a rebuilding year for UK also, with three Freshmen starting. :biggrin:
Ouch!!!!
sstack Wrote:This is a rebuilding year for UK also, with three Freshmen starting. :biggrin:

I totally agree! Point proven and case closed!
but uk also didnt loose as much talent as unc did this year, when u loose one of the best college players of all time(hansbrough) and the best pg that year(lawson) a little frustation is natural
jyk2010 Wrote:but uk also didnt loose as much talent as unc did this year, when u loose one of the best college players of all time(hansbrough) and the best pg that year(lawson) a little frustation is natural

This kid shot more free throws then are team last year.
ouch. UNC is about like UCLA this year. both expected to be better then this but they just cant seem to win the ones they should. if UNC loses 4 or 5 more it could possibly be no big dance for the heels. Especially if they exit early from the ACC tourney.