Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jim Calhoun takes medical leave of absence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this on espn
I'm not saying this is why he is taking a quick break, But last time Uconn was in danger of making the NCAA Tourny, Didn't he also take a little time away? Just wondering, I cant remember when he left last time though..
last year he was in a bike wreck
in 03' 06' and 08' i think was the years he left with cancer and then in 09' for the a bike wreck..not sure if those years are right there...he left with 3 battles of cancer and a bike wreck...
Any idea of what is wrong this time..his doc says it has nothing to do with his recent 3 battles with cancer
They wouldnt release it to his players just yet if it was cancer, Lets hope and Pray its not.
I was just wondering, I forgot about all that cancer treatment and stuff..I just remembered him leaving a few times.
A lot of chatter on UCONN Message boards that he may retire after this year due to his health...
Just read an article that Seth Davis wrote about Calhoun over at CNNSI.COM Talks about Calhoun retiring last year if he had won the championship and how his leave now is stress related, like with Urban Meyer....
Lets hope its not cancer. My prayers are with him.