Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEC/Big East showdown in NYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At Madison Square Garden for the SEC/BIG EAST Challenge for next season could be Kentucky and Syarcuse matchup.There are rumors that this is going to happen.
Would you like to see this take place? I would thats for sure.
Just like this season with UConn,it would be another great one.
Any takers?
I'd like to see it.
This year, we have already beat two BEAST teams, UConn and Louisville.

Intriguing match-ups that I would like to see would be Syracuse, Georgetown, West Virginia and Villanova. But the one I really want to see is Cincinnati. Similar to the Louisville game and the Notre Dame and Indiana games of years past, I'd love to see a routine match-up of UC back on the schedule, even if it is part of the SEC/Big East showdowns.
yes sir pencil it in would love to see it...
Im sure Jim Boehim wouldn't mind to chalk up a win against Coach Cal.
Overrated Wrote:Im sure Jim Boehim wouldn't mind to chalk up a win against Coach Cal.

As I am sure Coach Cal wouldn't mind to chalk up a win against Coach Boeheim. :Thumbs:
Jim Boehim is another classic coach,A coach who is well like and a very good coach on top of that,knows the game.I'm pulling for him along with Tubby Smith to do well at their Universities.
idk about tubby but i like jim boheim
Axel Foley Wrote:As I am sure Coach Cal wouldn't mind to chalk up a win against Coach Boeheim. :Thumbs:

Last time these coaches met Jim B won the meeting. Id love to see it again.
id love to see this match-up..this year would been great..cuse very well could beat them this year too
theVILLE Wrote:id love to see this match-up..this year would been great..cuse very well could beat them this year too

Yeah, John Wall and Wes Johnson on the same court would make for a great game.
Overrated Wrote:Yeah, John Wall and Wes Johnson on the same court would make for a great game.

how do you include wall and johnson in the same sentence? johnson wishes he was that good. and if you took the teams now and played them. i would say UK without a doubt. they would dominate cuse down low. just 2 big players for the orange. and nobody to guard wall. easy win for the cats.
memphistiger Wrote:how do you include wall and johnson in the same sentence? johnson wishes he was that good. and if you took the teams now and played them. i would say UK without a doubt. they would dominate cuse down low. just 2 big players for the orange. and nobody to guard wall. easy win for the cats.

Ok bandwagon boy. Any team thats #1 your all about aren't ya. Make a new account. kentuckycats next. Confusedhh:
^ :thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:lmao:
Overrated Wrote:Ok bandwagon boy. Any team thats #1 your all about aren't ya. Make a new account. kentuckycats next. Confusedhh:

lol...:Clap:

Syracuse and Kentucky would be a great matchup, hopefully it can happen earlier, maybe during March Madness, who knows?
To be honest, I don't know if I would want to play Syracuse this year, we have NOBODY that can guard Johnson at the 3 spot and let's not even talk about the zone that Syracuse plays, that will give us fits....
I agree Syracuse plays the best zones of anyone,it would give not only UK fits,but also just about anyone else.
Would be a virtual home game for The Cuse, but it was basically one for the Huskies as well. It would be a good game. MSG had actually asked Cal about a "home game" every year in The Garden because our game with UCONN really attracted alot of interest in the NYC area.
Overrated Wrote:Ok bandwagon boy. Any team thats #1 your all about aren't ya. Make a new account. kentuckycats next. Confusedhh:

dude you have known me a long time and know cincinnati is my number 1. i have liked kentucky since i was old enough to know what basketball is but just never had a chance to say they are good. but now they are good im happy and dont mind to say it. but anyway, cuse sucks. get over it. only guy u gotta guard is johnson. the rest are just role players. rautins has to score 20 to even be a factor. bottom line, kentucky will kill cuse. and cincinnati will take down suckacuse as well.
memphistiger Wrote:dude you have known me a long time and know cincinnati is my number 1. i have liked kentucky since i was old enough to know what basketball is but just never had a chance to say they are good. but now they are good im happy and dont mind to say it. but anyway, cuse sucks. get over it. only guy u gotta guard is johnson. the rest are just role players. rautins has to score 20 to even be a factor. bottom line, kentucky will kill cuse. and cincinnati will take down suckacuse as well.

If this guy doesn't get banned. Then idk about the rules...I got no clue who he is..and sucks is a bad word! Broke about 3 rules there!
Overrated Wrote:If this guy doesn't get banned. Then idk about the rules...I got no clue who he is..and sucks is a bad word! Broke about 3 rules there!

aww come on bub lets go to peking. and for the record. i dont like memphis the team. i liked some of the memphis players. rose,evans,wagner,cdr,dorsey,mack,hardaway. i like overrated too. he used to be baby dorsey in the gradeschool days.
memphistiger Wrote:aww come on bub lets go to peking. and for the record. i dont like memphis the team. i liked some of the memphis players. rose,evans,wagner,cdr,dorsey,mack,hardaway. i like overrated too. he used to be baby dorsey in the gradeschool days.

You deff got me mistaken for someone else.:yikes:
guys calm down!!!!! neither of them can beat Kansas or Texas so it doesn't matter.
cincycat23 Wrote:guys calm down!!!!! neither of them can beat Kansas or Texas so it doesn't matter.
i say ky would win the best out of 5 against both
Rocky Top Wrote:At Madison Square Garden for the SEC/BIG EAST Challenge for next season could be Kentucky and Syarcuse matchup.There are rumors that this is going to happen.
Would you like to see this take place? I would thats for sure.
Just like this season with UConn,it would be another great one.
Any takers?

WVU vs Kentucky is what I would prefer.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU vs Kentucky is what I would prefer.

kentucky beat wvu last year with the one man show jodie meeks. so they would sure tear em apart with the team they have now.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU vs Kentucky is what I would prefer.

Only if you prefer seeng your tam lose by double digits. WVU's only chance to beat UK is in Morgantown this year, at Rupp I would take UK by 15, neutral court I would take UK by 8.

As for Syracuse. There are two teams that I pray UK doesn't have to play in the NCAA Tourney, Syracuse and Wisconsin. Both teams are tremendously coached and play the slow down, physical game that would hurt UK. Syracuse has enough athleticism to at least match up with UK's tremendous talent, and if UK has an off night shooting they could be in serious trouble. Wisconsin is so fundamentally sound and their style of play almost assures it to be a close game.