Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spring Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone doing it. Henry County has done it for 6 years, we only went in pads for 2 years. I found it to be very helpful. With new players coming in the coaches get a chance to see them and the coaches can teach the Offense and Defense, so come July the players are ready for practice.
I'm not sure that a NKY team does not do Spring football.
Are we talking middle school here? If so, I don't know if Letcher Central Middle is going to do it or not.
Yes
Since it is in the middle school forum I would think he is talking about MS not HS football. We have been doing it for over 6 years. We start in March and go through may. 2 days a week and then for 2 weeks go all week.
At Shelby West we do it beginning after CATS Testing and do it everyday for 3 weeks, that usually takes us up to almost the end of school and then come back right around July 15 to begin summer sessions. It's very helpful and very useful if done the right way with kids...
I agree with the CATS testing, but some of the teachers thinks that it is a good idea to work the kids out, after school to relieve stress, and make them sleep at night.
Any idea on whom maybe the next coach at Henry County?
Navajo4life Wrote:Any idea on whom maybe the next coach at Henry County?

I am very close to the program, and I will tell you that I have no idea. I do not believe that it has been posted, yet.
Some rumors about 2 current coaches, a x-coach at a school close, but I have no idea.
I wish they would start doing something.
There are a lot of programs that take advantage of Spring Ball. I know a lot of kids play baseball, but in the past that was because there was nothing football related to do.

The KMSFA is affilliated with the following 7 on 7s -

April 24th - Lone Oak Middle School Combine
May 18th - Calloway County 7 on 7
May 22nd - Spencer County 7 on 7 & Big Man Challenge
June 5th - Frankfort 7 on 7
June 12th - University of Kentucky 7 on 7

We are also awaiting confirmation from WKU (possibly July 10th), Murray State (possibly June 5th), and the UofL (possibly June 19th)

Please register for these soon as they do fill up. There are now middle school teams from out of state who are coming to these to take advantage. Pretty cool that we have something to do with football that other states don't yet!
I am looking to put my son on a AAU basketball team ,are their any local teams in pike county that are looking for players, he is in the 5th grade
Anyone know when LCC Middle is doing there spring ball?
Does shelby valley do this?