Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most overrated and underrated teams?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is the most underrated and overrated teams in college basketball???

Overrated
Purdue-Lost 3 straight including northwestern...They have no inside game at all..I can think of 25 different teams that could easily beat purdue!
West Virginia-well they got blown out by the team above here...It took buzzerbeaters to beat some nobody teams..not one game like 3 or 4....they are a legit top 15-20 team but no more!

Underrated
Wisconsin-they are one of the toughest to beat at hom..and some of the nations top teams couldnt beat them like duke and purdue...yes i said purdue is overrated but they were undefeated going to wisconsin...Duke was undefeated and went to wisonsin and found there 1st loss...This team has one bad loss and that was early on at green bay...they beat Ohio St..and beat up on purdue and duke, also beat maryland and arizona..I think they are a top 10 team

Georgia Tech- they have some bad losses but as of late they have showed they can compete with the best of them..they beat a very good duke team and walked in to one of the toughest places to play UNC and beat them by 2...I think they should be a top 15 team...
Overrated - WV, Purdue, Kansas, Kansas St.
Underrated - Pitt, Nova(yes there ranked 4th but there definitely better than Kansas atm), BYU.
I think that Kansas has to be the most overated Team in the Nation!
Really glad to see the purdue team fall where they should be 15<...i dont see where kansas is the most overrated team though..i think they are 3-8 at the least..they will make some noise in the tourney
theVILLE Wrote:Who is the most underrated and overrated teams in college basketball???

Overrated
Purdue-Lost 3 straight including northwestern...They have no inside game at all..I can think of 25 different teams that could easily beat purdue!
West Virginia-well they got blown out by the team above here...It took buzzerbeaters to beat some nobody teams..not one game like 3 or 4....they are a legit top 15-20 team but no more!

Underrated
Wisconsin-they are one of the toughest to beat at hom..and some of the nations top teams couldnt beat them like duke and purdue...yes i said purdue is overrated but they were undefeated going to wisconsin...Duke was undefeated and went to wisonsin and found there 1st loss...This team has one bad loss and that was early on at green bay...they beat Ohio St..and beat up on purdue and duke, also beat maryland and arizona..I think they are a top 10 team

Georgia Tech- they have some bad losses but as of late they have showed they can compete with the best of them..they beat a very good duke team and walked in to one of the toughest places to play UNC and beat them by 2...I think they should be a top 15 team...

Thats a pretty good list, I would say that's what mine would look like as well..

Good post!!
So North Carolina Still Isnt overrateD?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So North Carolina Still Isnt overrateD?

I'm starting to listen more to some of your guys argurment on that but I'm not sure. When they lose, they lose to a good team(besides CC, but they didn't have 2 key players). So I'm not sure, but I'm not ready to call them overrated just yet.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So North Carolina Still Isnt overrateD?

Nope im still not calling them overrated??they lost to
college of charleston (without 2 key players) and
lost at Syracuse who is ranked #4 now
Lost at #1 texas
at #2 Kentucky
and At #18 Clemson
and at home to #19 Ga Tech
Thats 2 bad loses..really one because they didnt have 2 key players!

So most top 15 teams have 1-2 bad losses!

When you have lost that many games ut sounds bad...but when there on the road and the team is ranked in the top 5...and you are ranked 10-12..you are expected to get beat, right??In another thread i said that ga tech was a top 10 team i thought..so really im not calling that a bad loss (it was at home for the heels)
Can someone tell me a legit reason they should be out of top 25?
underated..wisconsin,tennesse,pitt

overrated...duke,texas,and unc and they have lost 6 games and are still ranked
Aslan Wrote:Overrated - WV, Purdue, Kansas, Kansas St.
Underrated - Pitt, Nova(yes there ranked 4th but there definitely better than Kansas atm), BYU.

Want to retract that statement?
I think Uconn is overrated
Underrated- Villanova (yeah they are ranked high but nobody talks about them)
Wisconsin- Gave Duke and Purdue their first losses this year
Georgia Tech- I know they have a bad loss at home to UGA, but they won at UNC and beat Duke at home. Watch for them in the tourney

Overrated- Duke- They are overrated every year. They have only lost 2 games, but only have 1 good win against a down UConn team.
Gonzaga- Got blown out by Duke and plays against very weak teams and still is ranked 10th in the ESPN poll, also lost to a down Wake team. They somehow beat Wisconsin, but that was very early in the year and that is their only quality win.
under- Cleamson.

Over - DUKE and KANSAS!! and most ACC teams in top 25 they just love the ACC for some reason
Aslan Wrote:I'm starting to listen more to some of your guys argurment on that but I'm not sure. When they lose, they lose to a good team(besides CC, but they didn't have 2 key players). So I'm not sure, but I'm not ready to call them overrated just yet.
But they still lost, six times! If UK was to have 6 losses right now would they be in the top 25?
Overrated- Purdue, even though they still have a good team.

Underrated- Georgia Tech.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Want to retract that statement?

Hmmm....yep lol.
Amun-Ra Wrote:But they still lost, six times! If UK was to have 6 losses right now would they be in the top 25?

yeah probably had they lost to the same teams
I will go with UNC, Georgia Tech and Purdue as the most overated from the start of the year. And I hate to say it about a SEC school but Miss st.
Like in many of the other posts, Nova has been underated for most of the year along with Pitt. Also Vandy is another one that comes to mind.
theVILLE Wrote:yeah probably had they lost to the same teams
No Uk would not.
Well,I'm going to make some UK fans mad,but I think UK is overrated.Yes,I know UK is 18-0,but It could be 10-8,just don't think they're playing very well right now,they need to start picking it up or there's going to be losses down the road.So lets hope for the best. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocky Top Wrote:Well,I'm going to make some UK fans mad,but I think UK is overrated.Yes,I know UK is 18-0,but It could be 10-8,just don't think they're playing very well right now,they need to start picking it up or there's going to be losses down the road.So lets hope for the best. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe UNC should be in front of us in the rankings? Losing and almost losing is 2 different things.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I think Uconn is overrated

:Thumbs:
Uconn
i hope uconn's coach is ok
Rocky Top Wrote:Well,I'm going to make some UK fans mad,but I think UK is overrated.Yes,I know UK is 18-0,but It could be 10-8,just don't think they're playing very well right now,they need to start picking it up or there's going to be losses down the road.So lets hope for the best. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the beauty of America. You can make statements like that and I can laugh, :lmao: or I can cry, Sad or I can get mad :redboxer: or I can just choose to snore at you :zzz:

either way, UK IS NOT OVERRATED, they are the ONLY undefeated team in major college basketball!

I do agree with you. They have a tendency to play down their opponents, they build large leads and let teams back in the game. Except UConn and UNC, they have played a very weak schedule so far this season. I honestly do not think they are one of the two best teams in the country at this point. I do hope they get that killer instinct and learn how to put teams away and go unbeaten.

That being said, I do not get the love affair all the media has with Gonzaga. Weak schedule, weak conference, high seeding, and annual early exits.
lwc Wrote:That is the beauty of America. You can make statements like that and I can laugh, :lmao: or I can cry, Sad or I can get mad :redboxer: or I can just choose to snore at you :zzz:

either way, UK IS NOT OVERRATED, they are the ONLY undefeated team in major college basketball!

You're title to your opinion,just as I am.:Thumbs:
Rocky Top Wrote:You're title to your opinion,just as I am.:Thumbs:

and me lol:biggrin:
Jarons Wrote:I honestly do not think they are one of the two best teams in the country at this point. I do hope they get that killer instinct and learn how to put teams away and go unbeaten.

Then who are the two best teams then?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe UNC should be in front of us in the rankings? Losing and almost losing is 2 different things.

You are right Wildcat. I hope we "almost lose" 22 more times this year. UNC and DOOK are by far the most overrated teams. Duke has 3 losses now, and they might drop to 8th. Give me a break!!!!
Pages: 1 2