Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duke's David Cutcliffe tells Tennessee he's staying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another coach turns down the offer.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4828327"]Duke Blue Devils' David Cutcliffe out of running for Tennessee Volunteers job - ESPN[/ame]
They're saying there were staff issues there. Cutcliffe wanted to bring his staff from Duke and UT wanted him to keep some of the remaining staff. Its hard to tie a coaches hand on the staff, but we have to do our best to keep atleast three of the remaining staff. Cutcliffe is known as a being very loyal to his coaches, which ultimately got him fired at Ole Miss when he wouldn't let some assistants go.
they way it looks, Mike Leach maybe the only option Tennessee has if others keep turning them down
I don't understand this move, unless he believes he can be competitive in the ACC with Duke.
lwc Wrote:I don't understand this move, unless he believes he can be competitive in the ACC with Duke.

Tennessee wanted to keep the staff that didn't follow Lane Kiffin To USC and Cutcliffe wanted to bring his entire staff with him and they couldn't get nothing finalized.
A sad day for the Vols. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I like what Cutcliffe said in his interview that "He didnt feel it would be right to leave the program in Mid Jan" and that he did not like the way coaching changes were being made, which by his words seemed to play a part in his decision as well. Things are looking grim in Knoxville, I hate what Kiffin did to the program. However, I have no remourse because I said it all along horrible hire on their behalf.