Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Devan Downey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why does he not get his dues??i mean all you hear is Sherron Collins and John Wall...thats the only PG's people talk about...Well Downey leads the SEC in points with 20.1...and 3rd in the NCAA in steals with 3.3 and averages 4 assist a game..
Anyone else think this little guy deserves more than he gets
theVILLE Wrote:Why does he not get his dues??i mean all you hear is Sherron Collins and John Wall...thats the only PG's people talk about...Well Downey leads the SEC in points with 20.1...and 3rd in the NCAA in steals with 3.3 and averages 4 assist a game..
Anyone else think this little guy deserves more than he gets

4 assists a game...eww.
PC_You_Know Wrote:4 assists a game...eww.

well think he has not got the players surronding him to put it in the hole...Can you not give him any credit at all???
theVILLE Wrote:well think he has not got the players surronding him to put it in the hole...Can you not give him any credit at all???

He's good, but more of a SG/Slashing PG. I don't think he translates well to the NBA, could be wrong though. Too small for SG and not good enough distrusting the ball to play PG.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He's good, but more of a SG/Slashing PG. I don't think he translates well to the NBA, could be wrong though. Too small for SG and not good enough distrusting the ball to play PG.

Wow i like him just as much as sherron collins myself..I think he is behind wall at the top PG...imagine him on a team with god players surronding him..I like him alot though...he is a perfect example of size doesnt matter
theVILLE Wrote:Wow i like him just as much as sherron collins myself..I think he is behind wall at the top PG...imagine him on a team with god players surronding him..I like him alot though...he is a perfect example of size doesnt matter

But size does matter at the next level! And that's why I don't think he is very good.
PC_You_Know Wrote:But size does matter at the next level! And that's why I don't think he is very good.

are you sure it does...Muggsy Bouges and brandon jennings..Jameer nelson and Eddie house...Derek Fisher and Tj ford??alot of small talent there
In his performance in college does he not deserve more credit than he get??
theVILLE Wrote:are you sure it does...Muggsy Bouges and brandon jennings..Jameer nelson and Eddie house...Derek Fisher and Tj ford??alot of small talent there

You named a whole bunch of guys that are role players. Good list. If Downey just wants to be a role player good for him. If you're happy with that as well congrats.
theVILLE Wrote:In his performance in college does he not deserve more credit than he get??

He gets plenty of credit for how mediocre his team is.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He gets plenty of credit for how mediocre his team is.

ok whatever next opinion..what about stephon surry his teams bad and look at the credit he got
PC_You_Know Wrote:You named a whole bunch of guys that are role players. Good list. If Downey just wants to be a role player good for him. If you're happy with that as well congrats.

like jj reddick??
theVILLE Wrote:like jj reddick??

Yes sir. And I'm happy with that. He gets the PT he deserves. He doesn't have amazing athleticism. He gets in, hits his shots, plays good D and lets people get rest.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yes sir. And I'm happy with that. He gets the PT he deserves. He doesn't have amazing athleticism. He gets in, hits his shots, plays good D and lets people get rest.

I never said downey was going to be an MVP or lead an NBA team to a title..he is in college and based on his performance that he has 4 years in a row now..does he get the credit he deserves..
One of the quickest quards in the college game. His stats are similar to Curry's and yet he does not get the same accolades. Curry was not an assist guy, yet he was the favor of all college fans. Davidson was pretty mediocre last year, didn't hurt Curry.
Sowney should be getting alot more..most exciting guard to watch and my favorite to watch
theVILLE Wrote:Sowney should be getting alot more..most exciting guard to watch and my favorite to watch

John Wall is the most exciting player in college basketball, sorry but I have to greatly disagree bout Downey being exciting.
PC_You_Know Wrote:John Wall is the most exciting player in college basketball, sorry but I have to greatly disagree bout Downey being exciting.

One of the most exciting guards...
theVILLE Wrote:One of the most exciting guards...

You should really listen to sports radio talk outside of Louisville, John Wall is considered by many experts the BEST and most exciting guard in college. Back to the topic...
PC_You_Know Wrote:You should really listen to sports radio talk outside of Louisville, John Wall is considered by many experts the BEST and most exciting guard in college. Back to the topic...

You are dead-on PC, there is no one in the game better than Wall, maybe only a couple in the NBA. But I think you may be little hard on Downey because of who you are bantering with :biggrin:

Downey is that good. Good enough to be getting national attention, that for some reason no South Carolina player ever gets. I watched this kid a UC several times. He is one of the quickest athletes in the game. How that transpires into the NBA, only Ville likes to make those assumptions :biggrin: I could really care less how he does in the NBA, I just know in college Basketball, he is probably top 5 and likely only second to Wall (though that is a LONNNNNGGGG second)
PC_You_Know Wrote:You should really listen to sports radio talk outside of Louisville, John Wall is considered by many experts the BEST and most exciting guard in college. Back to the topic...

where did i say he was better than john wall..i said he doesnt get the dues he desreves..not the due of been better than john wall, because thats not been around in a while..but you dont have to be better than john wall to get recognized
Stardust Wrote:You are dead-on PC, there is no one in the game better than Wall, maybe only a couple in the NBA. But I think you may be little hard on Downey because of who you are bantering with :biggrin:

Downey is that good. Good enough to be getting national attention, that for some reason no South Carolina player ever gets. I watched this kid a UC several times. He is one of the quickest athletes in the game. How that transpires into the NBA, only Ville likes to make those assumptions :biggrin: I could really care less how he does in the NBA, I just know in college Basketball, he is probably top 5 and likely only second to Wall (though that is a LONNNNNGGGG second)

John Wall

Then way down here his downey
then close is collins
there is alot of people give downey credit for what he does and the poor guy deserves every drop of it. does irt look like he got taller this year to ya'll?
beasy_bo Wrote:there is alot of people give downey credit for what he does and the poor guy deserves every drop of it. does irt look like he got taller this year to ya'll?

nope but he can still light it up and get to the goal and score and steal the ball alot though
theVILLE Wrote:John Wall

Then way down here his downey
then close is collins

Are you that impressed with Collins? I sure wasn't the game they lost.
Stardust Wrote:Are you that impressed with Collins? I sure wasn't the game they lost.

nope not really but i like him..i think that there are a few better them him..i was just trying to avoid an argument:biggrin:
i like collins but he's got a little bit too much swwagger sometimes IMO.......hoestly i think downey is up there with him
beasy_bo Wrote:i like collins but he's got a little bit too much swwagger sometimes IMO.......hoestly i think downey is up there with him

i think downey could be the closest thing to wall...and a long shot that is but downey is good..or in my eyes anyway
theVILLE Wrote:i think downey could be the closest thing to wall...and a long shot that is but downey is good..or in my eyes anyway
i'm with you i really think downey is awesome i mean nearly all the games they win is because of him especially last year
beasy_bo Wrote:i'm with you i really think downey is awesome i mean nearly all the games they win is because of him especially last year

yea i mean he leads the sec in points..not sure on the ncaa and he is 3rd in steal in NCAA..wow thats good to be on SC...he is 5'9" and not afraid to take it among the giants, thats whay i love about him
Pages: 1 2