Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UNC Overrated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts on this? IMO UNC is severly overrated right now
they have lost to good teams though. i say as it stands right now they will drop to about 17-19. if they lose to georgia tech this weekend i say about 23-24. there is not way they will drop them out of the top 25. there is just too much sentiment for UNC for any pollster to do that.
I agree. I also feel that UK is too. I'm as big a fan as the next, but I feel that we are not playing like the #2 team in the nation should be. I thought the effort Tuesday was way better than last Saturday. I still think that they can and will have a great season, I just wish they played up to the ranking. I guess the rankings don't matter that much, half the top ten went down last weekend.
Go Cats!!!
No i think when they were top 5 team they were overrated but they are what 13 or 14 now...they propably are that...take away there 3 loses to top5 teams all in which were on the road!! and they have lost 2 games..which is fair..and both of them was on the road..Yes they should have beaten Charleston (thats college basketball, anyone can get beat on any giving night!) but thats just one bad loss...at clemson no they probably wasnt going to win but on a neutral floor i think they would...They beat a very good michigan St. team (who i think will go to the final four)! Look at thee schedule at the teams they have played..nobody in america had played that kind of schedule...

How do you take them out of the top 15 or 20...Syracuse got beat by Lamalle or something like that in exhbition game..Are they overrated??
they might and i say might drop 3 spots at most
sure they have played a tough schedule but they have still dropped 5 games. no one in the top 25 have lost that many and if they lose to GT this weekend i would be hard pressed to keep them in the top 20 at this point. by the end of the season they could be playing well and be up to the top 10 again but to have 6 losses by the beginning of conference play makes it hard to argue the point that they should be in the top 15. they could easily be looking at 10 losses by the time tournament play starts.

UK at number #2...by default i think they are there. i think in general the top 10 is pretty close to each other. i think if all these teams played each other right now they would all just about be around .500% i dont think there are truly any dominant teams right now in the NCAA when it comes to tournament play. i think if the tournament started today you would probably only get 1 #1 seed to the final four and you would probably have a couple of 3-4 or 5 seeds. personally i think this is a good think.
johnnyt Wrote:sure they have played a tough schedule but they have still dropped 5 games. no one in the top 25 have lost that many and if they lose to GT this weekend i would be hard pressed to keep them in the top 20 at this point. by the end of the season they could be playing well and be up to the top 10 again but to have 6 losses by the beginning of conference play makes it hard to argue the point that they should be in the top 15. they could easily be looking at 10 losses by the time tournament play starts.

UK at number #2...by default i think they are there. i think in general the top 10 is pretty close to each other. i think if all these teams played each other right now they would all just about be around .500% i dont think there are truly any dominant teams right now in the NCAA when it comes to tournament play. i think if the tournament started today you would probably only get 1 #1 seed to the final four and you would probably have a couple of 3-4 or 5 seeds. personally i think this is a good think.

It was 4 loses by the start of conference though...when you say it like wow they lost 5 or 6 games and conference is just starting, yea thats bad...but they lost at Texas, At Kentucky, and At Syracuse in which all games were close i think..they lost at Charleston which they should have won and at clemson which is tough for any young team to go in and come out with a W...so i think they really just have 1 maybe 2 bad losses....if you are ranked 13 or 14 and 3 of your 5 loses are to teams in the top 5..there suppose to beat you especially at home...I hate UNC as much anybody but i dont see where they are overrated