Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kiffin era bringing down USC quickly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of his assistants, Ed Orgeron, has already admitted to calling some of the early enrollment players at Tennessee.
I thought it was funny last night during the USC/Kiffin presser that a reporter continued to ask questions about this subject and Kiffin just kept trying to ignore the situation even though we all knew he knew about this.
But Lane said he was going to run a "clean" program at USC. It sure is a lot easier to realize trash when you're no longer drinking the "kool-aid." Nothing will be "clean" as long as this guy and Orgeron are around, which was becoming very obvious when they were at UT. Really, really sucks not having a coach and being in this situation, but I honestly think UT will be better off in the long run.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:But Lane said he was going to run a "clean" program at USC. It sure is a lot easier to realize trash when you're no longer drinking the "kool-aid." Nothing will be "clean" as long as this guy and Orgeron are around, which was becoming very obvious when they were at UT. Really, really sucks not having a coach and being in this situation, but I honestly think UT will be better off in the long run.

I hope not! just kidding.

Seriously though, I do believe that they will hire someone that is familiar with the program. A person that has personal ties, will work 10x harder than anyone else to clean up his "pride and joy."
PC_You_Know Wrote:One of his assistants, Ed Orgeron, has already admitted to calling some of the early enrollment players at Tennessee.

What am I missing, were they signees? It may not be favorable process, but I would sure hope we don't have an issue this??? Help me understand how this would be an issue.
Stardust Wrote:What am I missing, were they signees? It may not be favorable process, but I would sure hope we don't have an issue this??? Help me understand how this would be an issue.

yea really..i think this is similar to like wall and Uk elgibility issues...just made no since
theVILLE Wrote:yea really..i think this is similar to like wall and Uk elgibility issues...just made no since

Imagine that, you are the one who knew where I was going with this....:biggrin:

Dead-on though. More than just Wall moved from Memphis being the school they were headed after Cal took the UK job.

I have no issue at all with the coach trying to take his player. Let's be real, kids are going to college's to play for the Coach, not the school. Why shouldn't the coach be able to take them. It smells bad as a process, but there is nothing in the NCAA rules that say's it is not allowed.
Stardust Wrote:Imagine that, you are the one who knew where I was going with this....:biggrin:

Dead-on though. More than just Wall moved from Memphis being the school they were headed after Cal took the UK job.

I have no issue at all with the coach trying to take his player. Let's be real, kids are going to college's to play for the Coach, not the school. Why shouldn't the coach be able to take them. It smells bad as a process, but there is nothing in the NCAA rules that say's it is not allowed.

Exactly...Most likely we were going to be watching alot of UK recruits this season one way or the other..whether it was at memphis or at UK..Calapari was who they wanted not UK and not Memphis...I dont see the big deal here...He was trying to take his players with him
If the players are not signed, then they are free game. Nothing illegal here.
Axel Foley Wrote:If the players are not signed, then they are free game. Nothing illegal here.

exactly...whe world revolves around lies...They said they are going here and they jump around like xavier henry...lol...but i think they need to commit to a coach not a program and then later on sign with a program
Stardust Wrote:Imagine that, you are the one who knew where I was going with this....:biggrin:

The players were enrolling for classes, so that means they were going to UT and planned on playing for them. I don't think it's very ethical to try to take players with you when you leave. I could see if they were recruits and you tried to change their minds and get them to decommit, but these kids are already enrolled at UT.
PC_You_Know Wrote:The players were enrolling for classes, so that means they were going to UT and planned on playing for them. I don't think it's very ethical to try to take players with you when you leave. I could see if they were recruits and you tried to change their minds and get them to decommit, but these kids are already enrolled at UT.

I didn't catch that. If they were enrolled, that means that if they transferred, they have to sit out. You are right, there are two things negative, but one thing that needs to be in consideration that doesn't justify it, but would make me as a player or a parent of a player to consider it.

1. Kiffin's staff is asking a kid to prolong his education years just for the purpose of playing in the USC program. That's selfish in coercing the student's classroom time for the sake of the football team. If these kids are enrolled, then they would have to sit a year before becoming elligible.

2. It's out of line to ask a kid who is getting paid to play (a UT scholarship), to bail on the University that is paying them.

3. Why shouldn't the kid have the chance to go with the Coach that recruited him? Let's be real, the Kiffin's wanted them because that kid fit the program's style of football. The next coach that comes in may not utilize that athlete the way the athlete committed to when he came to UT. So, he is getting penlaized, the athlete.

As for taking kids with him, it's no more out of line that someone leaving a company, going to a new company and coercing the staff that supported him to the new job. How can we not look at college sports as a business? We want to talk about ethics, and we only target college athletics and say that athletics needs to be on the moral high-ground. Yet, each of us has played the same game in our work environment. Each of us have made a commitment to the job that we have, and have always been given the freedom to take off when we want. Should you not be allowed to move with your boss to his next job?

What is education? It's to prepare us for what we will face in real situations. How is this not similar?

I know I am playing both sides of the argument here, I see the ill-favor and how this looks, but I also see the reality of what these kids will face in the corporate world as well.
Didnt see that neither...I wasnt aware that they had enrolled allready...so lane is very selfish and shuld consider having a down year at USC and later get the top recruits
theVILLE Wrote:Didnt see that neither...I wasnt aware that they had enrolled allready...so lane is very selfish and shuld consider having a down year at USC and later get the top recruits

Down year? USC is loaded! Trust me, Carroll did not leave the cupbard bare by any means. If Kiffin can't win with the kids that will be at USC over the next two years, then he may never be successful.
Stardust Wrote:Down year? USC is loaded! Trust me, Carroll did not leave the cupbard bare by any means. If Kiffin can't win with the kids that will be at USC over the next two years, then he may never be successful.

agreed but i was expecting them to leave after carrol left??
theVILLE Wrote:agreed but i was expecting them to leave after carrol left??

And sit out a year?
Stardust Wrote:And sit out a year?

I wasnt aware they would have to sit out a year..
theVILLE Wrote:I wasnt aware they would have to sit out a year..

You had no clue you had to sit out a year transferring between D-1 schools? Do you live under a rock?
^ lol
PC_You_Know Wrote:You had no clue you had to sit out a year transferring between D-1 schools? Do you live under a rock?

lol...i didnt no they were enrolled....i thought it was still like xavier henry and going everywhere