Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Kentucky 89 - Florida 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cats go on a 14-1 run after Florida ties it late in the gmae to ice a big win for the Cats as the make their first trip in the SEC.

Bledsoe shoots lights out, and Orton dominated the Paint.

Wall shoots terribly from the outside, but still makes things happen for the Cats
Im glad uk won, this was 1 time that I didnt care to be wrong as I picked UF by 2or 4 I think......Congrats Uk
Bledsoe with a Wall like Game; 25 points, 5 Assists, 7 reebounds

Wall 19 points 6 assists 5 rebounds (1-7 three point shooting)

PPat 15 points 7 rebounds

Cousins 13 points, 5 rebounds

Orton 9 rebounds, 4 blocks
this game was about the unspokens Orton and Bledsoe my 2 fav players for UK
17-0, it doesnt get much better. This season is special. Us as fans really need to soak it all in.
Take away Alex Tyus playing beyond his ability and this game is not near as close. I mean come on.
For Florida, I was very impressed with the little man Erving Walker. Not only did he single handedly shoot the gators back into the game with 4 three pointers, 3 of them in 4 possessions, I was shocked that he was faster than Wall. This kid can scoot.

Tyus with maybe the ugliest shot in the SEC hits some very big shots from the outside.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Take away Alex Tyus playing beyond his ability and this game is not near as close. I mean come on.

Tyus scored 17, he averages 12, how is what he did that out of the ordinary? Five points over his average!

Bledsoe is 15 points over his average, so I won't buy that Tyus being 5 over was the reason this was a game.
Stardust Wrote:Tyus with maybe the ugliest shot in the SEC hits some very big shots from the outside.

Im glad someone else thinks the same, his shot looks awful, but he had a great game tonight.
Stardust Wrote:Tyus scored 17, he averages 12, how is what he did that out of the ordinary? Five points over his average!

Bledsoe is 15 points over his average, so I won't buy that Tyus being 5 over was the reason this was a game.
Did you see the **** Tyus hit? He has never in his career made a three but yet he nails them against us.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Im glad someone else thinks the same, his shot looks awful, but he had a great game tonight.

He was having fun, I know that. I can't stand Florida, but watching Tyus laugh at himself and Erving Walker made it somewhat enjoyable watching them.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Did you see the **** Tyus hit? He has never in his career made a three but yet he nails them against us.

Ain't no doubt they were ugly
Stardust Wrote:Ain't no doubt they were ugly
No crap. Was like watching Manute Bol make those 6 threes back in like 92'. Crap is crap.
I'm very impressed with UK tonight. Hostile environment, had players like Tyus and Walker having the game of their lives, and a poor start offensively for the Wildcats but they still get the job done. Bledsoe and Orton were key in this game. I believe Orton came away with 4 or 5 blocks. Cousins, Miller, Wall, and Patterson had nice games as well.

Coach Cal didn't really go the bench tonight other than Orton and Dodson. Harris and Liggins played very sparingly and I don't even know if anyone else even played other than the nine I have mentioned. Cal has talked about it more than once. He has said if we can't go to our bench and have them produce then we're in trouble come March. I have to agree with him on that quote but our top six players got the job done tonight.

I thought Florida's shot selection was very poor, especially in the first half. The size of UK hurt them the most though. Vernon Macklin didn't really show up for this game for the Gators. He seemed tentative toward Cousins and Patterson much like Samardo Samuels did for Louisville in the UK/UofL game.

Great win Blue!
Stardust Wrote:Tyus scored 17, he averages 12, how is what he did that out of the ordinary? Five points over his average!

agreed Walker IMO was the most impressive UF player and did keep them in the game
^ Yep, I heard Dickie V talk about the reduced playing time.

Starters Minutes:
Patterson 37
Bledsoe 37
Wall 35
Miller 26
Cousins 23

Reserves

Orton 17
Dodson 9
Liggins 6
Harris 5
Stevenson 5
Amun-Ra Wrote:No crap. Was like watching Manute Bol make those 6 threes back in like 92'. Crap is crap.

LOL :lmao:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm very impressed with UK tonight. Hostile environment, had players like Tyus and Walker having the game of their lives, and a poor start offensively for the Wildcats but they still get the job done. Bledsoe and Orton were key in this game. I believe Orton came away with 4 or 5 blocks. Cousins, Miller, Wall, and Patterson had nice games as well.

Coach Cal didn't really go the bench tonight other than Orton. Harris and Liggins played very sparingly and I don't even know if anyone else even played other than the eight I have mentioned. Cal has talked about it more than once. He has said if we can't go to our bench and have them produce then we're in trouble come March. I have to agree with him on that quote but our top six players got the job done tonight.

I thought Florida's shot selection was very poor, especially in the first half. The size of UK hurt them the most though. Vernon Macklin didn't really show up for this game for the Gators. He seemed tentative toward Cousins and Patterson much like Samardo Samuels did for Louisville in the UK/UofL game.

Great win Blue!
Stevenson did get a minute or two.
Stardust Wrote:^ Yep, I heard Dickie V talk about the reduced playing time.

Starters Minutes:
Patterson 37
Bledsoe 37
Wall 35
Miller 26
Cousins 23

Reserves

Orton 17
Dodson 9
Liggins 6
Harris 5
Stevenson 5

I forgot about Stevenson. But still yet, we haven't looked like a team with depth lately. Depth is something you need if you're going to win a national title.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I forgot about Stevenson. But still yet, we haven't looked like a team with depth lately. Depth is something you need if you're going to win a national title.

If you have the right depth, you can win a national title. We don't have 10 deep, but give this team a few years and we will be like a typical UK team during the Pitino glory days where our 2nd five could beat your first five!
Stardust Wrote:If you have the right depth, you can win a national title. We don't have 10 deep, but give this team a few years and we will be like a typical UK team during the Pitino glory days where our 2nd five could beat your first five!

Like the '96 team? That's what I like to hear! :Thumbs:
Its all about matchups.
That series of blocks by Orton was one of the greatest things iv seen in a long time. lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That series of blocks by Orton was one of the greatest things iv seen in a long time. lol

I agree
I hate Florida. But my hatred for them kept increasing through the course of the game lol.
On defense we was inconsistant. Florida did he some crazy shots, but early on we gave up A LOT of lay ups and good looks. Other times, we got Florida out of sync, forced a bad shot, or a turnover. That stuff won't fly when we play a good team. We have to play defense for the entire forty minutes.
Wall was just pushed around and wasnt getting anything called for him. They wrapped him up on a layup and nothing was called lol.
Aslan Wrote:On defense we was inconsistant. Florida did he some crazy shots, but early on we gave up A LOT of lay ups and good looks. Other times, we got Florida out of sync, forced a bad shot, or a turnover. That stuff won't fly when we play a good team. We have to play defense for the entire forty minutes.

Looks like you might be converting to a UK fan...lolConfusedhh:. Come on over and join the good guys!:biggrin:
All is right with the basketball world again....UK kicking the SEC's behind so far, and ESPN hating us! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Kentucky has returned!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wall was just pushed around and wasnt getting anything called for him. They wrapped him up on a layup and nothing was called lol.

Wall got barely any calls tonight and they absolutely beat him up once they saw the calls weren't coming.

Good win overall though. I'm glad to see what a defensive beast Orton can be! Cousins is ridiculous!
Pages: 1 2