Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: USC Trojans to face NCAA Committee on Infractions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just what EVERYONE expected!

Source: BGR link
And Carroll got the **** out of dodge go figure I have no respect for him or any other coach who does this
lwc Wrote:Just what EVERYONE expected!

Source: BGR link

Me and you were just talking about this the other day, it happened almost right on time. :lmao:
Nothing has been proven about the coach and any activities that he knew about have been dimissed. He has not been proven guilty of any wrong doings. The Athletes did things that were inappropriate, but no link to the coach at all.
Stardust Wrote:Nothing has been proven about the coach and any activities that he knew about have been dimissed. He has not been proven guilty of any wrong doings. The Athletes did things that were inappropriate, but no link to the coach at all.

Doesnt this sound Familiar.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:And Carroll got the **** out of dodge go figure I have no respect for him or any other coach who does this

Calapari left memphis and all of the derek rose stuff came out???Does that mean you have no respect for Cal??nothing has been proven yet
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Doesnt this sound Familiar.

Lol, so you picked up on where I was going with that :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Lol, so you picked up on where I was going with that :biggrin:

Usually Always do.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Usually Always do.

Lol :Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Calapari left memphis and all of the derek rose stuff came out???Does that mean you have no respect for Cal??nothing has been proven yet

nope sure dont but I do respect him for his coaching ability...nor do I respect Pitino for leaving Kentucky for the NBA for the money...Nor do I respect Mume for the ruins he left the kentucky program in...Nor do I respect Petrino for leaving U of L for the Falcons job...The biggest thing that ****es me is when a coach says what Carroll says "I love the University the kids etc." if you did then play by the book...Everyone has questioned Carroll for years I sue know I have...I didnt question Cal while at Memphis I do believe he did not really know anything that was going on...But with Carroll it already has been state that HE did have former pro scouts and etc. attend practices and so on thus it makes him accountable...With Cal you had the clousing house clear Rose so it was more of their fault then Cals there is a difference there.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:nope sure dont but I do respect him for his coaching ability...nor do I respect Pitino for leaving Kentucky for the NBA for the money...Nor do I respect Mume for the ruins he left the kentucky program in...Nor do I respect Petrino for leaving U of L for the Falcons job...The biggest thing that ****es me is when a coach says what Carroll says "I love the University the kids etc." if you did then play by the book...Everyone has questioned Carroll for years I sue know I have...I didnt question Cal while at Memphis I do believe he did not really know anything that was going on...But with Carroll it already has been state that HE did have former pro scouts and etc. attend practices and so on thus it makes him accountable...With Cal you had the clousing house clear Rose so it was more of their fault then Cals there is a difference there.

We agree on almost everything EXCEPT one thing.

I don't view Carroll and Calipari differently. I think both are dogs. With that said, I will give both a second chance. As long as Cal is clean in Lexington and Pete is clean in Seattle, (don't know how to cheat on the pro-level, other than spy-gate) then they have proven they can do better.

I think Coach Cal has his hands on the Memphis and UMass less than Caroll did at USC (bringing pro-scouts into practices, etc...) BUT you can't see your kids THAT frequently and not know something is going on. If John Cal goes into Kid A's house and sees their monetary situation, then 2 months later he is driving a Bentley, he HAS to know what is going on.

I will give Cal credit for not knowing about the Derek Rose/ACT score situation. It is hard to know if a kid cheated on a test or not. I think he may have known a little, but it is hard not to take a chance on a kid like him.

I hope this post makes sense, because whenever I read it....it didn't. :lmao:
well the funny thing is that mora got fired after one year and some how carroll already knows he's leaving. i believe this little deal was set up prior
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:nope sure dont but I do respect him for his coaching ability...nor do I respect Pitino for leaving Kentucky for the NBA for the money...Nor do I respect Mume for the ruins he left the kentucky program in...Nor do I respect Petrino for leaving U of L for the Falcons job...The biggest thing that ****es me is when a coach says what Carroll says "I love the University the kids etc." if you did then play by the book...Everyone has questioned Carroll for years I sue know I have...I didnt question Cal while at Memphis I do believe he did not really know anything that was going on...But with Carroll it already has been state that HE did have former pro scouts and etc. attend practices and so on thus it makes him accountable...With Cal you had the clousing house clear Rose so it was more of their fault then Cals there is a difference there.

Lot of things that I want to challenge with you, but I'll leave the the others go for another time.

Why do you not respect Pitino for leaving for an NBA job, especially for the Money?

I don't have a single issue with that. I want Championship banners in the Rafters, and had Rick stayed, we could have continued on with the expectation that we could be competing in the Final 4 every single year that he would have been here, thus likley having more titles to display. But he took the money and ran, and I am the first one to say - "Smart Move". He made more money in his few years at Boston than he would have if he would have stated at UK for 15 years. His paycheck went well beyond his coaching salary. He secured his family for a few lifeltimes in just a few years. It afforded him the chance to step back into the college game and never want for anything again.

I have a family. If I could secure my family the same way NOW, I would.

I want NCAA Titles, and with John Wall on this UK squad, we could have a chance to win at least two - If he stayed all four years. But even if we don't win a title this year, he would be an absolute FOOL to stay another year. He has the opportunity to secure his family's family! He can afford next June to blow out his knee and never step onto a basketball court again. Yet, if he stayed in college, he risks that opportunity.

So, what is good for the Goose, is good for the Gander. If Players don't have to stick around, because of the Money, so should the Coaches.

Let's be real here. If Pete Carrol is going to make the kind of money in the NFL that this goofy Seattle contract is going to give him, he'd be a fool to stick around.

Is he running from sanctions? Maybe! Should he care? Maybe! But, OJ Mayo ran from sanctions! Reggie Bush ran from Sanctions! Eddie Sutton ran from Sanctions! Derek Rose ran from sanctions! And yep, even Cal ran from Sanctions. Regardless of what anyone thinks, losing two final four appearances is tied to Cal's legacy, whether anyone wants to justify or absolve him from the actions of others. Losing the wins off of your record book still makes you guilty of something!

Do I care? As I have said, I don't care what Cal does as long as he put's banners in the rafters.

The Seattle Seahawks could care less what happens to USC as long as Carroll get's them to the playoffs.

The Chicago Bulls could care less what happens to Memphis Tigers as they try to explain why Derek Rose's brother rode airplanes to and from Memphis free of charge, all signed off by the Baskebtall program, or wins being taken away and Final Four stripped, as long as Derek Rose fills the seats to capacity

I'm not sure why any of us care what happens at USC!
Stardust Wrote:Lot of things that I want to challenge with you, but I'll leave the the others go for another time.

Why do you not respect Pitino for leaving for an NBA job, especially for the Money?

I don't have a single issue with that. I want Championship banners in the Rafters, and had Rick stayed, we could have continued on with the expectation that we could be competing in the Final 4 every single year that he would have been here, thus likley having more titles to display. But he took the money and ran, and I am the first one to say - "Smart Move". He made more money in his few years at Boston than he would have if he would have stated at UK for 15 years. His paycheck went well beyond his coaching salary. He secured his family for a few lifeltimes in just a few years. It afforded him the chance to step back into the college game and never want for anything again.

I have a family. If I could secure my family the same way NOW, I would.

I want NCAA Titles, and with John Wall on this UK squad, we could have a chance to win at least two - If he stayed all four years. But even if we don't win a title this year, he would be an absolute FOOL to stay another year. He has the opportunity to secure his family's family! He can afford next June to blow out his knee and never step onto a basketball court again. Yet, if he stayed in college, he risks that opportunity.

So, what is good for the Goose, is good for the Gander. If Players don't have to stick around, because of the Money, so should the Coaches.

Let's be real here. If Pete Carrol is going to make the kind of money in the NFL that this goofy Seattle contract is going to give him, he'd be a fool to stick around.

Is he running from sanctions? Maybe! Should he care? Maybe! But, OJ Mayo ran from sanctions! Reggie Bush ran from Sanctions! Eddie Sutton ran from Sanctions! Derek Rose ran from sanctions! And yep, even Cal ran from Sanctions. Regardless of what anyone thinks, losing two final four appearances is tied to Cal's legacy, whether anyone wants to justify or absolve him from the actions of others. Losing the wins off of your record book still makes you guilty of something!

Do I care? As I have said, I don't care what Cal does as long as he put's banners in the rafters.

The Seattle Seahawks could care less what happens to USC as long as Carroll get's them to the playoffs.

The Chicago Bulls could care less what happens to Memphis Tigers as they try to explain why Derek Rose's brother rode airplanes to and from Memphis free of charge, all signed off by the Baskebtall program, or wins being taken away and Final Four stripped, as long as Derek Rose fills the seats to capacity

I'm not sure why any of us care what happens at USC!

Thats not really a challenge to me it is more that your morals and views are different than mine. Yes he made more money but his famiyl was just as secure if he stayed at the University of Kentucky. As it looks right now he doesnt have much of a family to look upon :yikes:. Ok I shouldnt have said that but still, my morals are different I view this no different than a high school job. If you say that you love the kids, school, administartion then you are doing it out of your OWN GREED. As I already stated i am not picking an choosing here my point in which you aparently missed is I do not condone any coach in running from sanctions, I have more of a tolerance for an 18 year old kid who is very immature making a mistake and running from it I.E the ones you mentioned above. Plus those same players you mentioned above im sure were persuaded by the University to move on and run from the mess to hopefully not be caught. College coaches families are doing just fine with the jobs they have moving from USC to Seattle isnt that big of a climb lets just be serious with that. If he is unsuccesful then he will land another high profile job and have them sanctioned as well (from morals that ****es me off). Another thing is moving from Kentucky at the time to Boston really are you serious Boston was terrible he did it out of greed. You dont do something for your family and then walk out and cheat on your wife sorry but IMO it was greed and thats that. Now what Pete has done for some kids in the local community I do commend him for. All that you mentioned above I do respect them for their coaching ability but NOT the morals and examples they have set for the KIDS who DO look up to them.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Thats not really a challenge to me it is more that your morals and views are different than mine. Yes he made more money but his famiyl was just as secure if he stayed at the University of Kentucky. As it looks right now he doesnt have much of a family to look upon :yikes:. Ok I shouldnt have said that but still, my morals are different I view this no different than a high school job. If you say that you love the kids, school, administartion then you are doing it out of your OWN GREED. As I already stated i am not picking an choosing here my point in which you aparently missed is I do not condone any coach in running from sanctions, I have more of a tolerance for an 18 year old kid who is very immature making a mistake and running from it I.E the ones you mentioned above. Plus those same players you mentioned above im sure were persuaded by the University to move on and run from the mess to hopefully not be caught. College coaches families are doing just fine with the jobs they have moving from USC to Seattle isnt that big of a climb lets just be serious with that. If he is unsuccesful then he will land another high profile job and have them sanctioned as well (from morals that ****es me off). Another thing is moving from Kentucky at the time to Boston really are you serious Boston was terrible he did it out of greed. You dont do something for your family and then walk out and cheat on your wife sorry but IMO it was greed and thats that. Now what Pete has done for some kids in the local community I do commend him for. All that you mentioned above I do respect them for their coaching ability but NOT the morals and examples they have set for the KIDS who DO look up to them.

Morals hunh? Morally, I am bound at my responsibility to take care of my family. Regardless of what I do to my family, it is still my responsibility to take care of my family.

Do you think that a professional athlete is driven by their love of the game, and that alone? No way that Kobe sticks with the LA Lakers unless he he paid to play there than anyone else that he could go to. Do you think that Lebron next season say's "hey, Cleveland is my home town. I'm going to stay here because it's my home, only ask for the same money that I am making now, and ask that the owners bring in a bunch of other players and pay them at an equal pay range" as he is making? Please, he is headed for the biggest salary in the history of sports. Why? Because he can. He can be just as content with the $50M a year that he makes in contract and endorsements by staying where he is, but there's a fat chance that he is not the first $100M a year man within the next couple of seasons! But is that morally wrong? Not is you ask the children of the "King James" foundation where his name and money does more for children across the World with every dime that he makes more than the previous year!

So, Pitino was morally wrong for taking a job that took him from $3M to $12M per year (after endorsements). Where does that extra money go? Well, he had more to use to set his family and his family's family up that he couldn't at UK. He has always been considerably generous in giving to charity's. My guess is that his giving to charity's increased considerably. Was making an opportunity to give more to charity morally wrong? Was setting his childrens children up for life wrong morally? He left for all the right reasons.

What he did in his personal life had nothing to do with him leaving UK for a better situation for everyone in his life.

As for the High School, do you think he's going to do it for free? Do you work for free? If someone is going to offer you twice as much to do exactly what you do in your job today, but you decide you don't want the money, that wasn't a moral decision. It may have been a right decision, but it had nothing to do with morals. If you take the job that someone offers that is twice as much, then you have just given your family twice as much than they had before. But by giving them twice as much, was that a morally wrong decision?

I'm not in as much disagreement than you may think, but I don't think morals has anything to do with a person making a better life for themself. And sometimes just taking the challenge to do something that you have not ever done is good enough. Did Pitino really leave because he didn't like UK, or he wanted the extra dough in his pocket? Probably neither. Pitino left because it was a challenge to him.

Did Cal leave Memphis because it was about the money? I don't know, but he just doubled his salary. He sure didn't come to UK just for the pride and prestige at coaching the Most successful program in history. If that was the case, then why did his salary double? Pretty sure because he wanted it to. Did he come to UK bacause he could win more at UK than at Memphis? I don't know why he would have thought that, he already was winning more at Memphis than did the UK program was already winning. He was going to win and compete for Final Fours at Memphis, so did he morally wrong the University of Memphis for leaving them. Not to me he didn't. He wanted the challenge, well, the money that comes with it to! Do I have a problem with that? No Way!
Leaving one job for another that pays more money has nothing to do with greed and there is nothing immoral about it. Knowingly breaking NCAA rules and fleeing to escape justice is immoral.

Kelvin Sampson's acceptance of the Indiana job was an attempt to escape the consequences of what he did at Oklahoma. So far, the NCAA has not ruled that either Cal or Carroll had any knowledge of the NCAA infractions that resulted in investigations that they left.

I did not like the fact that Pitino was regularly negotiating for a new job while he was employed at UK and I was glad to see him go. But there was nothing immoral or greedy about his decision to collect a bigger paycheck. He left the UK program in good shape and he did a great job while he was there and that is all you can ask of any coach.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Leaving one job for another that pays more money has nothing to do with greed and there is nothing immoral about it. Knowingly breaking NCAA rules and fleeing to escape justice is immoral.

Kelvin Sampson's acceptance of the Indiana job was an attempt to escape the consequences of what he did at Oklahoma. So far, the NCAA has not ruled that either Cal or Carroll had any knowledge of the NCAA infractions that resulted in investigations that they left.

I did not like the fact that Pitino was regularly negotiating for a new job while he was employed at UK and I was glad to see him go. But there was nothing immoral or greedy about his decision to collect a bigger paycheck. He left the UK program in good shape and he did a great job while he was there and that is all you can ask of any coach.

:Thumbs: Very well said
Morals hunh? Morally, I am bound at my responsibility to take care of my family. Regardless of what I do to my family, it is still my responsibility to take care of my family. While I understand this morally I feel bound to help those in my community at any cost.

Do you think that a professional athlete is driven by their love of the game, and that alone? No way that Kobe sticks with the LA Lakers unless he he paid to play there than anyone else that he could go to. Do you think that Lebron next season say's "hey, Cleveland is my home town. I'm going to stay here because it's my home, only ask for the same money that I am making now, and ask that the owners bring in a bunch of other players and pay them at an equal pay range" as he is making? Please, he is headed for the biggest salary in the history of sports. Why? Because he can. He can be just as content with the $50M a year that he makes in contract and endorsements by staying where he is, but there's a fat chance that he is not the first $100M a year man within the next couple of seasons! But is that morally wrong? Not is you ask the children of the "King James" foundation where his name and money does more for children across the World with every dime that he makes more than the previous year! That is fine but once again you are bringing into conversation something that we was not previously talking about once again this does not pertain to any one leaving one school for another and vise versa.

So, Pitino was morally wrong for taking a job that took him from $3M to $12M per year (after endorsements). Where does that extra money go? Well, he had more to use to set his family and his family's family up that he couldn't at UK. He has always been considerably generous in giving to charity's. My guess is that his giving to charity's increased considerably. Was making an opportunity to give more to charity morally wrong? Was setting his childrens children up for life wrong morally? He left for all the right reasons. From my stand point and morals yes I do not like the decision and I do not respect the decision. IMO and this has been my standpoint since I was 12 if a coach is happy with his school, and players then there is no reason to leave when you are making millions. To say this is going to better my family for the future my god you are making millions already lol. Yes a challenge fair enough, the biggest challenge in the NBA is getting guy who are making more than you to listen to you.

What he did in his personal life had nothing to do with him leaving UK for a better situation for everyone in his life. Seriously, your argument is his personal life, your argument is against my statement is exactly what your saying it does not pertain to.

As for the High School, do you think he's going to do it for free? Do you work for free? If someone is going to offer you twice as much to do exactly what you do in your job today, but you decide you don't want the money, that wasn't a moral decision. It may have been a right decision, but it had nothing to do with morals. If you take the job that someone offers that is twice as much, then you have just given your family twice as much than they had before. But by giving them twice as much, was that a morally wrong decision? Nope I do not think he is going to do it for free because I think him, Petrino and etc are greedy people. Yes I do alot for free. I referee soccer games for free, I have coached for free, I have helped areas for free, I have helped with camps for free. What I gain from it is great relationships with great people and peace of mind that I have helped kids in their walk with life.

I'm not in as much disagreement than you may think, but I don't think morals has anything to do with a person making a better life for themself. And sometimes just taking the challenge to do something that you have not ever done is good enough. Did Pitino really leave because he didn't like UK, or he wanted the extra dough in his pocket? Probably neither. Pitino left because it was a challenge to him. If it was for the challenge then I would retract my assumptions and statement. But the fact that the money was there and he has been on record by saying that money did persuade his decision that is "morals". Definition "ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong". My decision is cause and effect, I do A) by motivation by an outside motive and it affects these people. Now are these people my family as I have refered to them as so many times or are they not who ive said they are and am thinking about my self?

Did Cal leave Memphis because it was about the money? I don't know, but he just doubled his salary. He sure didn't come to UK just for the pride and prestige at coaching the Most successful program in history. If that was the case, then why did his salary double? Pretty sure because he wanted it to. Did he come to UK bacause he could win more at UK than at Memphis? I don't know why he would have thought that, he already was winning more at Memphis than did the UK program was already winning. He was going to win and compete for Final Fours at Memphis, so did he morally wrong the University of Memphis for leaving them. Not to me he didn't. He wanted the challenge, well, the money that comes with it to! Do I have a problem with that? No Way! Honestly I do not think money played apart in this decision. It has already been stated on record my Cal and Memphis that he would have been making more money if he had stayed.

As I have said my view is different and that is fine by me. But to say doesn't have to do with someones morals to me is an incorrect statement.:Thumbs:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Leaving one job for another that pays more money has nothing to do with greed and there is nothing immoral about it. Knowingly breaking NCAA rules and fleeing to escape justice is immoral.

so your trying to tell me money doesnt influence greed? Leaving for more money is not greed?

Yet again you are at liberty to believe what you want. But I do disagree with you. By morals I have been taught its not about the money so yes to me morals plays a part in it. The examples you gave above to me are immoral but leaving for money in my eyes is greedy and immoral. yet again TO ME
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Morals hunh? Morally, I am bound at my responsibility to take care of my family. Regardless of what I do to my family, it is still my responsibility to take care of my family. While I understand this morally I feel bound to help those in my community at any cost.

Do you think that a professional athlete is driven by their love of the game, and that alone? No way that Kobe sticks with the LA Lakers unless he he paid to play there than anyone else that he could go to. Do you think that Lebron next season say's "hey, Cleveland is my home town. I'm going to stay here because it's my home, only ask for the same money that I am making now, and ask that the owners bring in a bunch of other players and pay them at an equal pay range" as he is making? Please, he is headed for the biggest salary in the history of sports. Why? Because he can. He can be just as content with the $50M a year that he makes in contract and endorsements by staying where he is, but there's a fat chance that he is not the first $100M a year man within the next couple of seasons! But is that morally wrong? Not is you ask the children of the "King James" foundation where his name and money does more for children across the World with every dime that he makes more than the previous year! That is fine but once again you are bringing into conversation something that we was not previously talking about once again this does not pertain to any one leaving one school for another and vise versa.

So, Pitino was morally wrong for taking a job that took him from $3M to $12M per year (after endorsements). Where does that extra money go? Well, he had more to use to set his family and his family's family up that he couldn't at UK. He has always been considerably generous in giving to charity's. My guess is that his giving to charity's increased considerably. Was making an opportunity to give more to charity morally wrong? Was setting his childrens children up for life wrong morally? He left for all the right reasons. From my stand point and morals yes I do not like the decision and I do not respect the decision. IMO and this has been my standpoint since I was 12 if a coach is happy with his school, and players then there is no reason to leave when you are making millions. To say this is going to better my family for the future my god you are making millions already lol. Yes a challenge fair enough, the biggest challenge in the NBA is getting guy who are making more than you to listen to you.

What he did in his personal life had nothing to do with him leaving UK for a better situation for everyone in his life. Seriously, your argument is his personal life, your argument is against my statement is exactly what your saying it does not pertain to.

As for the High School, do you think he's going to do it for free? Do you work for free? If someone is going to offer you twice as much to do exactly what you do in your job today, but you decide you don't want the money, that wasn't a moral decision. It may have been a right decision, but it had nothing to do with morals. If you take the job that someone offers that is twice as much, then you have just given your family twice as much than they had before. But by giving them twice as much, was that a morally wrong decision? Nope I do not think he is going to do it for free because I think him, Petrino and etc are greedy people. Yes I do alot for free. I referee soccer games for free, I have coached for free, I have helped areas for free, I have helped with camps for free. What I gain from it is great relationships with great people and peace of mind that I have helped kids in their walk with life.

I'm not in as much disagreement than you may think, but I don't think morals has anything to do with a person making a better life for themself. And sometimes just taking the challenge to do something that you have not ever done is good enough. Did Pitino really leave because he didn't like UK, or he wanted the extra dough in his pocket? Probably neither. Pitino left because it was a challenge to him. If it was for the challenge then I would retract my assumptions and statement. But the fact that the money was there and he has been on record by saying that money did persuade his decision that is "morals". Definition "ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong". My decision is cause and effect, I do A) by motivation by an outside motive and it affects these people. Now are these people my family as I have refered to them as so many times or are they not who ive said they are and am thinking about my self?

Did Cal leave Memphis because it was about the money? I don't know, but he just doubled his salary. He sure didn't come to UK just for the pride and prestige at coaching the Most successful program in history. If that was the case, then why did his salary double? Pretty sure because he wanted it to. Did he come to UK bacause he could win more at UK than at Memphis? I don't know why he would have thought that, he already was winning more at Memphis than did the UK program was already winning. He was going to win and compete for Final Fours at Memphis, so did he morally wrong the University of Memphis for leaving them. Not to me he didn't. He wanted the challenge, well, the money that comes with it to! Do I have a problem with that? No Way! Honestly I do not think money played apart in this decision. It has already been stated on record my Cal and Memphis that he would have been making more money if he had stayed.

As I have said my view is different and that is fine by me. But to say doesn't have to do with someones morals to me is an incorrect statement.:Thumbs:

My friend, I guess we will disagree. I have volunteered many an hour myself. There is a tremendous difference in volunteering and making the best for your family.

No disrespect, but I am assuming you are not married without children. If you are not, some day you will be motivated by many different factors than you are today. And one of those factors will be to put the most bread on your table that you can. And if you can store up enough bread to feed your kids later in their life, and thier kids kids, then your motivation to do a lot less for free will diminish. Your motivation will be to get more bread, whether the bread on the table is enough for today or not, you will want to ensure you have plenty of bread on the table in the future. God loves a wise man. It is not wise to do the most with what you can. You can do a lot more for those in need with more bread to give. And if that means going someplace else to get more bread, that you can give to others, then my God surely would not tell me that is morally wrong.
Stardust Wrote:My friend, I guess we will disagree. I have volunteered many an hour myself. There is a tremendous difference in volunteering and making the best for your family.

No disrespect, but I am assuming you are not married without children. If you are not, some day you will be motivated by many different factors than you are today. And one of those factors will be to put the most bread on your table that you can. And if you can store up enough bread to feed your kids later in their life, and thier kids kids, then your motivation to do a lot less for free will diminish. Your motivation will be to get more bread, whether the bread on the table is enough for today or not, you will want to ensure you have plenty of bread on the table in the future. God loves a wise man. It is not wise to do the most with what you can. You can do a lot more for those in need with more bread to give. And if that means going someplace else to get more bread, that you can give to others, then my God surely would not tell me that is morally wrong.

I do have a son and I am engaged. I guess more so I am looking at lifes Philosophies and not moralistic values. So maybe saying its not moral is wrong, but based on my view on philosophy it is incorrect to do what these millionaries do. Is that a fair argument and take morals out of it?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:so your trying to tell me money doesnt influence greed? Leaving for more money is not greed?

Yet again you are at liberty to believe what you want. But I do disagree with you. By morals I have been taught its not about the money so yes to me morals plays a part in it. The examples you gave above to me are immoral but leaving for money in my eyes is greedy and immoral. yet again TO ME
Would you leave your current job to do the same job elsewhere if you could triple or quadruple your salary? Now, if you could leave your current job and do the same job for $12 million/year, would you do it? If you answer either one of those questions "yes," then how can you say that anybody else is greedy for doing the same thing?

How much good could you do with $12 million/yr. if you chose to donate a large share of it to worthy charities and to use your position in the community to promote those charities? Who is more greedy, a person who makes a large salary and generously donates his time and money to charities or one making a fraction as much who gives little or nothing to charity and leaves small tips to food servers after an expensive meal?

As you said, we certainly have different understandings of greed and morality.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Would you leave your current job to do the same job elsewhere if you could triple or quadruple your salary? Now, if you could leave your current job and do the same job for $12 million/year, would you do it? If you answer either one of those questions "yes," then how can you say that anybody else is greedy for doing the same thing?

How much good could you do with $12 million/yr. if you chose to donate a large share of it to worthy charities and to use your position in the community to promote those charities? Who is more greedy, a person who makes a large salary and generously donates his time and money to charities or one making a fraction as much who gives little or nothing to charity and leaves small tips to food servers after an expensive meal?

As you said, we certainly have different understandings of greed and morality.

Go to my statement above.

But to answer your question No and No. I make 20 dollars an hour at the job, I love the ppl I work for and work with. I give normally 7 to 10 dollar tips at resurants. I donate alot of time to local community organizations + go to school full time, cleaned out half of my closet to give to those who were flooded over the summer. I gave 200 dollars to PHS1986 for her niece who was severaly injuried in her accident with the horse. So I think with what I make at what I do I am content with my life. I have a great family, I provide well for them, we have food on the table every night. I do with out but that is fine with me I have been taught provide for others and you will achieve much more by the grace of God and to me that is much more fulfilling EVERYTHING I have mentioned above then leaving my current job making 12 million.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Go to my statement above.

But to answer your question No and No. I make 20 dollars an hour at the job, I love the ppl I work for and work with. I give normally 7 to 10 dollar tips at resurants. I donate alot of time to local community organizations + go to school full time, cleaned out half of my closet to give to those who were flooded over the summer. I gave 200 dollars to PHS1986 for her niece who was severaly injuried in her accident with the horse. So I think with what I make at what I do I am content with my life. I have a great family, I provide well for them, we have food on the table every night. I do with out but that is fine with me I have been taught provide for others and you will achieve much more by the grace of God and to me that is much more fulfilling EVERYTHING I have mentioned above then leaving my current job making 12 million.
If you would not leave your current job to triple or quadruple your salary, then you are among a tiny, tiny minority of Americans. As for me, I would take the raise in salary for the sake of providing security for my children, my parents, and any grandchildren or great grandchildren that God might bless me with in the future. I love my job but would gladly accept more money for doing it and I do not think that makes one greedy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If you would not leave your current job to triple or quadruple your salary, then you are among a tiny, tiny minority of Americans. As for me, I would take the raise in salary for the sake of providing security for my children, my parents, and any grandchildren or great grandchildren that God might bless me with in the future. I love my job but would gladly accept more money for doing it and I do not think that makes one greedy.

But the difference is I am sure right now you arent making 3 mill a year...IMO you dont make a statement such as "I love the university and so on, and would not leave" and then leave for 12 mill that is greedy. IMO
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If you would not leave your current job to triple or quadruple your salary, then you are among a tiny, tiny minority of Americans. As for me, I would take the raise in salary for the sake of providing security for my children, my parents, and any grandchildren or great grandchildren that God might bless me with in the future. I love my job but would gladly accept more money for doing it and I do not think that makes one greedy.

To add, I would love to give $20 dollar tips after a meal, God knows the servers need it.

I would have loved to give $2,000 to a needy child that has suffered through some type of set-back.

Insted of my tithes being in 2-digit increments, boy wouldn't it be nice to pass on to the church 3 or four figure gifts.

But I can't do that until someone offers me that opportunity. And you can be sure that I will take that opportunity that I would be blessed with, because the expectation is that I give that blessing back.

As much as Professional athletes, coaches and owners get blasted for the greed, they never get praised for their generosity. As I said, I know that Carroll...
(and someone said his salary is not much more than his USC salary, BETTER THINK AGAIN, it is WAAAY MORE)
.......... will be in a better situation to give even more to his foundation (which people in LA are saying they will not go to because he left - now, who is the greedy one! Are those folks in LA hurting Carroll?)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:But the difference is I am sure right now you arent making 3 mill a year...IMO you dont make a statement such as "I love the university and so on, and would not leave" and then leave for 12 mill that is greedy. IMO

I don't agree. Right now, I love my job. I love my co-workers. I love everything about it. BUT is someone is going to show me more respect and give me more to offer for those around me, and my current company will not match that, then I am sorry, I will still love my former job, my former co-workers, and now I will hopefully love my new environment. Bottom-line, I didn't screw my old company or co-workers, I did something that God tells me to do, Take care of My family FIRST!
This thread got WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off topic. Can we bring it back to topic?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:But the difference is I am sure right now you arent making 3 mill a year...IMO you dont make a statement such as "I love the university and so on, and would not leave" and then leave for 12 mill that is greedy. IMO
Who am I to decide how high another man's salary should be. I have no problem with anybody's salary in the private sector, and that includes college and NBA basketball coaches. I don't buy into the class-envy view of the world. Wealth creates jobs in a free society, so I am steadfastly opposed to regulating wealth.

I am much more concerned with how people who have never held a real job enter politics and then retire from elected office a few years later as multi-millionaires.

Greed is when a person who has earned a fortune playing a kids' game charges little kids a few bucks for autographing a T-shirt. (See Pete Rose.)
Stardust Wrote:To add, I would love to give $20 dollar tips after a meal, God knows the servers need it.

I would have loved to give $2,000 to a needy child that has suffered through some type of set-back.

Insted of my tithes being in 2-digit increments, boy wouldn't it be nice to pass on to the church 3 or four figure gifts.

But I can't do that until someone offers me that opportunity. And you can be sure that I will take that opportunity that I would be blessed with, because the expectation is that I give that blessing back.

As much as Professional athletes, coaches and owners get blasted for the greed, they never get praised for their generosity. As I said, I know that Carroll...
(and someone said his salary is not much more than his USC salary, BETTER THINK AGAIN, it is WAAAY MORE)
.......... will be in a better situation to give even more to his foundation (which people in LA are saying they will not go to because he left - now, who is the greedy one! Are those folks in LA hurting Carroll?)
Well said. I understand that Coach Cal and his wife are very generous with their time and money as well.
Pages: 1 2