Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Terrell Combs Transfers To UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By his own account, it comes two years later than it should have, but former Bryan Station standout Terrell Combs will finally be a Kentucky Wildcat.

Combs was recruited by UK following his senior year with the Defenders but opted to sign with Minnesota instead. Now Combs is back in Lexington, having enrolled at Kentucky for the spring semester.

The 6-foot-2, 250-pound Combs was a three-star prospect out of high school and had offers from Michigan, Purdue, West Virginia, Michigan State and Louisville in addition to UK and Minnesota.

“I just got homesick; things really didn’t go my way (at Minnesota),” Combs said. “I was ready to come back home. I’m excited to be at UK. This is what I should have done from the get-go.”

Combs played as a true freshman in 2008, seeing reserve action as a tight end. He was moved to defensive end at the spring of 2009 by Minnesota Coach Tim Brewster and decided to look elsewhere.

Combs said he doesn’t have a preference for where he plays at Kentucky but said that head coach Joker Phillips will likely start him on offense. The Cats lost its top three tight ends to graduation, leaving Colorado transfer Ryan Wallace and redshirt freshman Anthony Kendrick as the only scholarship tight ends currently on the roster.

Combs will be eligible in 2010, but will pay his own way this semester and be awarded a scholarship in 2011. His return home was good news to his mother, Nelda.

“It was hard for us to get up there and see him play,” she said. “This is awesome.”

http://chipcosby.bloginky.com/2010/01/11...ers-to-uk/
Was he good at Minnesota?
I like our new coach
Where does he fit?
Stardust Wrote:Where does he fit?

More than likely TE, but DE if really needed.

Combs had offers from Louisville, WVU, Purdue, Michigan, and Mchigan State coming out of high school. In essence it is like UK gets a 3* prospect in this class without using a scholarship.
lwc Wrote:Was he good at Minnesota?

He only played one season and saw minutes as a true freshman, but did not start.
Glad to see some homegrown talent coming back to play at Kentucky!
Good luck combs
UK needs 4 and 5 star recruits successfully complete in the SEC