Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (16) Tenneessee 76 - (1) Kansas 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky boy Scottie Hopkins just made UK the #2 team in the nation as UT, playing without four players relies on a Hostile environment and a walkon three-pointer to knock off the #1 team in the land.
A total team effort by the Vols to win this one. The played a solid game with Scotty stepping up and playing big. But what about the three near the end by the walk on with just 2 seconds on the shot clock.....HUGE.
Thank God they won't be ranked #1 anymore. They should drop to at least 7 or 8.
Texas will be the new number one(should of been all year) and UK 2.
GREAT WIN!!!!!Now the rankings are as they should be Texas, UK, KU, NOVA, Duke
Ya gotta love a skank shot like that to pretty much seal the W.
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky boy Scottie Hopkins just made UK the #2 team in the nation as UT, playing without four players relies on a Hostile environment and a walkon three-pointer to knock off the #1 team in the land.

Who is Scottie Hopkins??
I thought it was Scotty Hopson!!
Lol just giving u a hard time SD
theVILLE Wrote:GREAT WIN!!!!!Now the rankings are as they should be Texas, UK, KU, NOVA, Duke

Didn't Duke loose a game yesterday?
Quite possibly one of the few times I pull for the Vols to win.
UT without 4 players can knock of KU, what does that say about the Jayhawks? bet Texas is just as overrated.
Aslan Wrote:Thank God they won't be ranked #1 anymore. They should drop to at least 7 or 8.
Texas will be the new number one(should of been all year) and UK 2.

Agreed, I've thought all along that Kansas was not as good as Texas or UK. I beleive they overlooked UT coming in, but as the game wore on, Kansas just couldn't quiet the Tennessee crowd.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Didn't Duke loose a game yesterday?

Yep, G Tech.
Great game, and an amazing effort from the vols. I didnt think they stood a chance in this game with the loss of Tyler Smith, but I was proven wrong.

Who would have thought that a forced shot by a walk-on would be what sealed the win for UT?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Didn't Duke loose a game yesterday?

Yes So that would make Syracuse #5
theVILLE Wrote:Yes So that would make Syracuse #5

Still 4 spots away from where they should be. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
theVILLE Wrote:GREAT WIN!!!!!Now the rankings are as they should be Texas, UK, KU, NOVA, Syracuse

I changed one team but that looks really good to me.
The only thing bad about all the top ten teams losing........UNC will move RIGHT back up.

1,4,5,8 ALL lose and UNC sits at 9. I could see the ESPN poll moving them up to 6 or higher!
lwc Wrote:The only thing bad about all the top ten teams losing........UNC will move RIGHT back up.

1,4,5,8 ALL lose and UNC sits at 9. I could see the ESPN poll moving them up to 6 or higher!

UNC has also lost this week. C of C.
lwc Wrote:The only thing bad about all the top ten teams losing........UNC will move RIGHT back up.

What's wrong with UNC in the top 10? Do you want them out of the top 10? Are they overrated and not as good as everyone thinks?
Stardust Wrote:What's wrong with UNC in the top 10? Do you want them out of the top 10? Are they overrated and not as good as everyone thinks?

I do believe they are. And i would love for them to fall out of the top 25.
Big win for the Vols
Colonel Kill Wrote:Quite possibly one of the few times I pull for the Vols to win.

Yes, I find it hard to cheer for UT, But I felt sorry for the players on the team that are left with a short bench because of some dumb teammates. Good win for UT and good confidence builder.
lwc Wrote:I changed one team but that looks really good to me.

Yes but i have to say duke could be #5 team..Syracuse will be this week and duke at #6 probably..
Benchwarmer Wrote:I do believe they are. And i would love for them to fall out of the top 25.

Oh, OK. That really bums me out, seriously, that takes all the excitement away from what I thought was a huge victory for UK. But really, it UNC is a bad basketball team, unworthy of the top 25, the we barely beat a team that is just no good. That's really a shame if that UNC victory was no better than beating Miami, Sam Houston State or UConn, all scrub teams. So I guess we don't have any quality wins to hang our hat on besides Georgia?
Stardust Wrote:What's wrong with UNC in the top 10? Do you want them out of the top 10? Are they overrated and not as good as everyone thinks?

I don't think there top 10 good atleast not yet but they are top 20 good. Imo they should be ranked between 15 and 20 somewhere.
Stardust Wrote:Oh, OK. That really bums me out, seriously, that takes all the excitement away from what I thought was a huge victory for UK. But really, it UNC is a bad basketball team, unworthy of the top 25, the we barely beat a team that is just no good. That's really a shame if that UNC victory was no better than beating Miami, Sam Houston State or UConn, all scrub teams. So I guess we don't have any quality wins to hang our hat on besides Georgia?

I'm sorry you are so bummed out about the situation.
I can't believe were going to have this UNC debate again.
Yes, we all hate them and don't want them to have any glory whatsoever. But no matter how much we hate them, they are legit, we barely beat them at home. 2 of there other loses was to top teams and the lost to CC was without 2 key players. Be realistic and cut them a break.
Aslan Wrote:I can't believe were going to have this UNC debate again.
Yes, we all hate them and don't want them to have any glory whatsoever. But no matter how much we hate them, they are legit, we barely beat them at home. 2 of there other loses was to top teams and the lost to CC was without 2 key players. Be realistic and cut them a break.

Great POST..There loses are to TEXAS AND UK ( both on the road ) CofC on the road, Syracuse On the road..All of there loses were on the road...3 of loses were to top 5 teams...The won at ohio st. and Beat a very good michigan St. team..If they had lose 4 games and none of them were tanked in top 5 i would agree...If you look at UNC record they probably dont deserve to be top 10 but when you look at who the lost to and who they beat, you have to keep them in the top 10!!!
Stardust Wrote:Oh, OK. That really bums me out, seriously, that takes all the excitement away from what I thought was a huge victory for UK. But really, it UNC is a bad basketball team, unworthy of the top 25, the we barely beat a team that is just no good. That's really a shame if that UNC victory was no better than beating Miami, Sam Houston State or UConn, all scrub teams. So I guess we don't have any quality wins to hang our hat on besides Georgia?

When did not being a top 10 team mean not being a good team? I think that Baylor is a good team but they are not top 25. Same goes for Florida.

Just because I don't believe that they are a top ten team does not mean that I think they aren't good.

I think the reason people do not want UNC in the top ten (at least my reasoning) is because ESPN falls in love with them because of their potential, not because of what they SHOW.

If UNC beats Billy-Bob college and a team like Purdue beats a great Wisconsin team, UNC would get showered with affection and jump 3-4 spots AND be talked about for 20 minutes on ESPN. (most of this did not happen but I am being figurative)

I am sure UNC fans feel the same about the Wildcats though. :biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:Great POST..There loses are to TEXAS AND UK ( both on the road ) CofC on the road, Syracuse On the road..All of there loses were on the road...3 of loses were to top 5 teams...The won at ohio st. and Beat a very good michigan St. team..If they had lose 4 games and none of them were tanked in top 5 i would agree...If you look at UNC record they probably dont deserve to be top 10 but when you look at who the lost to and who they beat, you have to keep them in the top 10!!!

The tough losses are why I think they are top 25 good. The key word, losses is why they are somewhere between 11 and 25 on my rankings. GREAT teams find a way to win those games, (ala Texas, Syracuse, UK *even though I don't think UK is great yet*)
WOW! Really wasn't expecting this but I'm really glad that this happened! I think this proves that Kansas doesn't deserve to be ranked #1 in the nation and all the voters should see this considering that they got beat by a depleted Tennessee team!
Pages: 1 2