Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Summers To Coach OL at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leave it to the University of Kentucky to find coaches with ties to its basketball program for its football program.

Just days after Jimmy Heggins had been rumored to be on his way out, the Wildcats have already hired his replacement. Arkansas OL coach Mike Summers, longtime friend and assistant to Bobby Petrino, is returning to the place where he started his coaching career (1979-1981), agreeing to become the new offensive coach under Joker Phillips. The 32-year coaching veteran is the son in law of Wildcat legend Joe B. Hall.

A graduate of Georgetown (Ky.) College and a Lexington (Ky.) native, Summers is known for his abilities as a recruiter and a teacher.

Bobby Petrino had this to say about his assistant head coach’s departure:
“Mike and I have had a great seven-year run together and I appreciate all his hard work and dedication through that time,” Petrino said. “He’s got an opportunity to go home and be with his family, which is a priority I can understand. I want to thank him and wish Mike and his family the best.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=40792
If he was the offensive line coach during the days of Felix Jones and the rest of those backs then WOO HOO!
Unfortunately no he wasn't there with McFadden and Jones, but his line did produce a very good QB this past season in Ryan Mallett.
that says new offensive coach so wait one question and second here does this mean that Sanders will not be in the booth or are they going in rotation. Joker to the side lines, Sanders to booth and Summer taking over Sanders spot on the sideline?