Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach K's soon-to-come accomplishment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was bored so I was doing some research on college coaches. It came to my attention that Mike Krzyzewski is only 3 ACC wins away from 300 career ACC wins in his coaching career. Congrats to him!

I am a UK fan but I salute a man that has been so good for the game of college basketball!
I also realized something that might upset UK fans:

Coach K needs only 31 wins to pass Adolph Rupp for 3rd place on the All-Time wins list. 34 to pass Dean Smith for 2nd and 56 wins to pass Bobby Knight to be the WINNINGEST COACH IN MENS BASKETBALL HISTORY!

Basically, if he coaches 3 more seasons he will be the winningest mens coach ever.
lwc Wrote:I also realized something that might upset UK fans:

Coach K needs only 31 wins to pass Adolph Rupp for 3rd place on the All-Time wins list. 34 to pass Dean Smith for 2nd and 56 wins to pass Bobby Knight to be the WINNINGEST COACH IN MENS BASKETBALL HISTORY!

Basically, if he coaches 3 more seasons he will be the winningest mens coach ever.

Wow! I would never have guessed that! Then he much be close to topping Smith's ACC record in wins.
On a side note, here is a list of other accomplisments and records he is approaching:

"Most Tears Shed at a Recruits House"
"Furthest Distance Travelled All-Time to NCAA Tourney Games"
"Most ESPN mentions in games they are not playing"
"Most floor slaps only to see their man take them off the dribble"
"Ugliest Team of the Decade"
"Worst Midnight Madness Video of All-Time"
"Most white guys ever drafted in the 1st Round to never average over 8 ppg in the NBA"
" Most 'flops' while taking a charge"
" Most 'flops' while shooting a 3 and getting blocked out"

My sources say this year's team have either already broke these records or will do so by the end of the year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note, here is a list of other accomplisments and records he is approaching:

"Most white guys ever drafted in the 1st Round to never average over 8 ppg in the NBA"

My sources say this year's team have either already broke these records or will do so by the end of the year.

It's funny, because as this is meant to be an insult, it actually speaks to how GOOD of a coach he is. :lmao:
lwc Wrote:It's funny, because as this is meant to be an insult, it actually speaks to how GOOD of a coach he is. :lmao:

It's an indication of how well he teaches TEAM basketball. I hate his team, I respect him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note, here is a list of other accomplisments and records he is approaching:

Some of those are spot on. Very good stuff.

great list.
How long has he been at Duke?

By the way there is another Duke replay on right now on ESPN Classic. Sicking.
lwc Wrote:It's funny, because as this is meant to be an insult, it actually speaks to how GOOD of a coach he is. :lmao:

He is the best "team coach" in college basketball. I have no problem saying that.

But,,,, a large part of why so many of his players get drafted so high only to flop has as much to do with ESPN infactuation as anything. Mike Dunleavy, JJ Reddick, Shavlick (sp?) Randolph, Christian Laettner, the list goes on and on of players who were vastly "over-drafted" and have panned out to be nothing more than role players in the NBA. Kyle Singler will be the enxt on this list. Solid college player, but will never do anything more than be a 8 ppg guy in the NBA.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He is the best "team coach" in college basketball. I have no problem saying that.

But,,,, a large part of why so many of his players get drafted so high only to flop has as much to do with ESPN infactuation as anything. Mike Dunleavy, JJ Reddick, Shavlick (sp?) Randolph, Christian Laettner, the list goes on and on of players who were vastly "over-drafted" and have panned out to be nothing more than role players in the NBA. Kyle Singler will be the enxt on this list. Solid college player, but will never do anything more than be a 8 ppg guy in the NBA.

Honestly, people make too much about a player being great only to flop in the NBA. I could care less about how they do in the NBA.

Similar situation is Tebow. Tebow is one of the greatest college football players to ever lace them up, but people always want to say he is crap becaus he won't be able to do in the NFL. SO! That doesn't take away from him being a great college football player!

As for dUKe players, they are teh epitomy of what college basketball should be all about. The believe in team, and they have proven to be the best team in basketball under K's reign. May not translate in Titles, but wins, he's hands down the best, because he has the players that believe in what he is doing. I could give a crap how those players turn out to be in the NBA
Stardust Wrote:Honestly, people make too much about a player being great only to flop in the NBA. I could care less about how they do in the NBA.

Similar situation is Tebow. Tebow is one of the greatest college football players to ever lace them up, but people always want to say he is crap becaus he won't be able to do in the NFL. SO! That doesn't take away from him being a great college football player!

As for dUKe players, they are teh epitomy of what college basketball should be all about. The believe in team, and they have proven to be the best team in basketball under K's reign. May not translate in Titles, but wins, he's hands down the best, because he has the players that believe in what he is doing. I could give a crap how those players turn out to be in the NBA
I agree somewhat with this. Man knows how to get players to "buy in" to his system.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I agree somewhat with this. Man knows how to get players to "buy in" to his system.

He attrcts the players that opposing fans love to hate, I'll say that...
Stardust Wrote:Honestly, people make too much about a player being great only to flop in the NBA. I could care less about how they do in the NBA.

:Thumbs:
"As for dUKe players, they are teh epitomy of what college basketball should be all about."

Not much for replies, but I can't picture them as the best representative of college basketball.

That video at Midnight Madness was just horrible. It also makes me sick at how much Duke players flop to try to get calls. I lost some respect for Duke when Wojo had the worst flop in history trying to get Magloire ejected.
pocampo Wrote:"As for dUKe players, they are teh epitomy of what college basketball should be all about."

Not much for replies, but I can't picture them as the best representative of college basketball.

1. They will do whatever it takes to win for their team and their school.
2. They are committed to winning championships.
3. It's the exception not the rule to leave early for the NBA, meaning, they Graduate

Now, that's signs of a college athlete, which I could care less how it translates to a Pro Athlete because rarely to kids who play college get to play in the NBA. I don't beleive guys go to dUKe to play NBA, they play to win college basketball games, and that, like them or hate them, they do as well as anybody in history.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:That video at Midnight Madness was just horrible. It also makes me sick at how much Duke players flop to try to get calls. I lost some respect for Duke when Wojo had the worst flop in history trying to get Magloire ejected.

There is a lot of cheating that goes on in sports, I hate it all. Flopping is the least of those that I hate. Illegal recruiting, performance enhancing drugs, giving grades to athletes that don't deserve them. Hey, I hate dUKe, but not for flopping!