Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kansas 71 - Cornell 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

i really thought Cornell was gonna upset KU.
The Jawhawks home winning streak goes to 51 and Cornell showed that their no slouch tonight. I still think Kansas is third best in the country behind Texas and Kentucky.
KU shot 36 free throws to Cornells 14. Alot of cheap calls in this one against cornell.
Nice game. Ref kinda helped Kansas out with that foul call when Collins was driving. He called it at the free throw line and it was basically a easy layup to make. Kansas is not as good as what everyone thinks, they will lose more than once in conference play this year. However, even though this was close it will not hurt them in the rankings. Next week if all teams win throughout the week it was still be Kansas, Texas, Kentucky top 3 in the nation.
I think it was my fault, I started watching with 5 minutes left because I was excited that it was actually possible for Kansas to lose and that is when they went on their little spurt.
Ahh, i officially put KU on upset alert last night bt it didnt pull through for me.
catsfan4ever Wrote:KU shot 36 free throws to Cornells 14. Alot of cheap calls in this one against cornell.

I didn't see cheap calls. I saw a team desparately trying to make things happen on defense and a team that played much more aggressive than KU. IMO, the wanted the game more, but they were too aggrisive in going for the ball. Their were no cheap calls, just that KU didn't do much to get in foul trouble
Stardust Wrote:I didn't see cheap calls. I saw a team desparately trying to make things happen on defense and a team that played much more aggressive than KU. IMO, the wanted the game more, but they were too aggrisive in going for the ball. Their were no cheap calls, just that KU didn't do much to get in foul trouble

Sheron Collins went in to the lane and a cornell player reached out and smacked his arm and nothing was called, after that happened Collins was going up for a lay up is when they called the foul and gave KU the 3 Point play when the foul should have been called on the floor.
ku aint as good as everyone thought
:notworthy
Strikeout King Wrote:Sheron Collins went in to the lane and a cornell player reached out and smacked his arm and nothing was called, after that happened Collins was going up for a lay up is when they called the foul and gave KU the 3 Point play when the foul should have been called on the floor.
Kansas is going to get hooked by the Horns.
Strikeout King Wrote:Sheron Collins went in to the lane and a cornell player reached out and smacked his arm and nothing was called, after that happened Collins was going up for a lay up is when they called the foul and gave KU the 3 Point play when the foul should have been called on the floor.

Two plays hunh! :popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:Two plays hunh! :popcorn:

im sure there was more. North carolina is the new duke.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:im sure there was more. North carolina is the new duke.

That is spelled dUKe :biggrin:
Too me the biggest non-call of the game was the obvious over-the-back that the Kansas player committed on Cornell's basket. Cornell was down three and the Cornell player went for the rebound and had it is his out stretched hands when the Kansas players reached from behind him and pulled the ball out. There was way too much contact for that not to be called. That is a foul 100% of the time for Cornell if they are not playing Kansas.

Cornell gets that rebound and scores they are down 1. It was very big for Kansas.
Stardust Wrote:I didn't see cheap calls. I saw a team desparately trying to make things happen on defense and a team that played much more aggressive than KU. IMO, the wanted the game more, but they were too aggrisive in going for the ball. Their were no cheap calls, just that KU didn't do much to get in foul trouble

You must have been watching a different game.
catsfan4ever Wrote:You must have been watching a different game.

He usually is... Well he sets to far away from the television and cant see it.
The Big Red almost got them. I think the Jayhawks win by 14 at Tennessee this Sunday.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He usually is... Well he sets to far away from the television and cant see it.

Hey Junior!
Kansas didnt impress me at all...they will be the second undefeated to go down after Purdue...which goes down tomorrow to Wisconsin.
It won't be much longer until Kansas drops in the rankings!!