Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Charleston 82 - (9)North Carolina 79 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
North Carolina 79, Charleston 82

Can i say there overrated now?
:worthy:
What will they be ranked next week? 11th or 12th.
^ i agree. idk if you could say that Carolina is "Very" Overrated but they are overrated
Benchwarmer Wrote::worthy:
What will they be ranked next week? 11th or 12th.

Knowing the WONDERFUL :yawn: voters, they will probably move up to #5 and C of C will be in the top 25.....

Hopefully, they drop. I know that this loss hurts UK in the Strength of Schedule but I don't care. I love it when Roy loses.
They are over hyped
How the mighty have fallen, and yeah UNC will probably move up 2 spots...lol, Honestly, they'll drop about 3-4 spots....
They seriously will probably only drop to 10 lol.
Marcus Ginyard & Will Graves did not play in this game, so its an understandable loss as both of those two are their best two scoring guards. UNC dominated inside, but without their two better guards not playing, they just couldn't get CoC to go away.

UNC is still a top 15 team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:North Carolina 79, Charleston 82

Can i say there overrated now?

Of course you forgot to mention UNC played without two key players. There defintely a top 15 team.
Aslan Wrote:Of course you forgot to mention UNC played without two key players. There defintely a top 15 team.

I agree they should still be ranked somwhere in the Top 15.
So just because they were without two of their best players means that aloss to College of Charelston was justified? Are you kidding me? We are talking about UNC, defending champs and a team that brought in a load of talent. Even without thwo players UNC should have won but they didn't. Let's face it, right now UNC is nowhere the team people thought they would be and the are very much overrated.
Amun-Ra Wrote:So just because they were without two of their best players means that aloss to College of Charelston was justified? Are you kidding me? We are talking about UNC, defending champs and a team that brought in a load of talent. Even without thwo players UNC should have won but they didn't. Let's face it, right now UNC is nowhere the team people thought they would be and the are very much overrated.

I agree
Amun-Ra Wrote:So just because they were without two of their best players means that aloss to College of Charelston was justified? Are you kidding me? We are talking about UNC, defending champs and a team that brought in a load of talent. Even without thwo players UNC should have won but they didn't. Let's face it, right now UNC is nowhere the team people thought they would be and the are very much overrated.

Anytime you take two of your better scorers out of the game, the chances your opponent has of winning have increased. Also, Ginyard is the vocal leader of this team so that increases CoC's chances of winning, not to mention the game was at CoC. So going into this game the chances of an upset where pretty darn good, wouldn't you agree?

The level of basketball competition between a mid-major and a team from the power 6 conferences has incresed. Today's guards on mid-major programs are just about as good if not better than some guards on some of the more elite teams in the country. That's why you see games between a mid-major and a power 6 conference team rather competitive. Heck, even the NAIA have some teams that would be able to compete with a lot of power conference teams. i.e. Georgetown College vs. Louisville scrimmages of the past few seasons. They've been competitive and Louisville has still made it to the field of 64 every season and Georgetown College hasn't even won the NAIA during those seasons. Only true distinctive advantage nowadays a power conference team has over a mid-major is a true big man.

And without Wall we beat Miami? There are other games on our schedule, even of late that if you take two of our starters, WE LOSE! Charleston was no cupcake, thye come from a Mid-Major conference (Southern) that is in 1st place this year and had beaten everyone's darling Seth Curry in the last two years for conference titles.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Anytime you take two of your better scorers out of the game, the chances your opponent has of winning have increased. Also, Ginyard is the vocal leader of this team so that increases CoC's chances of winning, not to mention the game was at CoC. So going into this game the chances of an upset where pretty darn good, wouldn't you agree?

The level of basketball competition between a mid-major and a team from the power 6 conferences has incresed. Today's guards on mid-major programs are just about as good if not better than some guards on some of the more elite teams in the country. That's why you see games between a mid-major and a power 6 conference team rather competitive. Heck, even the NAIA have some teams that would be able to compete with a lot of power conference teams. i.e. Georgetown College vs. Louisville scrimmages of the past few seasons. They've been competitive and Louisville has still made it to the field of 64 every season and Georgetown College hasn't even won the NAIA during those seasons. Only true distinctive advantage nowadays a power conference team has over a mid-major is a true big man.

Solid post :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:And without Wall we beat Miami? There are other games on our schedule, even of late that if you take two of our starters, WE LOSE! Charleston was no cupcake, thye come from a Mid-Major conference (Southern) that is in 1st place this year and had beaten everyone's darling Seth Curry in the last two years for conference titles.

Without out wall now? yes we beat miami. Its mid season.
you guys got to think they have alot of frosh too just not as talented as UK's..it matters in games like this especially on the road.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Without out wall now? yes we beat miami. Its mid season.

Yep, and Miami is much better. I don't get this crap that it was early. It wasn't early for Miami to????

Anyone with eyes knows that UK is nothing more than average without Wall on the court. They cannot play the fastbreak game. Beldsoe has been a disappointment from that standpoint. Without getting the ball upcourt, teams collapse and keep PPat from getting the ball, and Cousins gets in foul trouble.
Stardust Wrote:Yep, and Miami is much better. I don't get this crap that it was early. It wasn't early for Miami to????

Anyone with eyes knows that UK is nothing more than average without Wall on the court. They cannot play the fastbreak game. Beldsoe has been a disappointment from that standpoint. Without getting the ball upcourt, teams collapse and keep PPat from getting the ball, and Cousins gets in foul trouble.

It was the first ever college game for wall,bledsoe,cousins.
:igiveup:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It was the first ever college game for wall,bledsoe,cousins.

Lol, what about the Freshman who lit it up for the Redhawks
Stardust Wrote::igiveup:

Lol, what about the Freshman who lit it up for the Redhawks

Trigger Happy Maybe?
Stardust Wrote:Yep, and Miami is much better. I don't get this crap that it was early. It wasn't early for Miami to????

Miami shot lights out that day against us. So No I doubt they are much better now then they were that day. Also I don't see how losing 1 player just makes us average. Wall didn't get UK to a 15-0 record by himself.
Big win for CoC. A major confidence booster.
Stardust Wrote:And without Wall we beat Miami? There are other games on our schedule, even of late that if you take two of our starters, WE LOSE! Charleston was no cupcake, thye come from a Mid-Major conference (Southern) that is in 1st place this year and had beaten everyone's darling Seth Curry in the last two years for conference titles.
And had we lost I would have said we was very overrated. So whats your point? Plain and simple. If you a top ten rated team and you have four losses before February and one of them is to an unranked mid-major, then yes you are overrated.
Amun-Ra Wrote:And had we lost I would have said we was very overrated. So whats your point? Plain and simple. If you a top ten rated team and you have four losses before February and one of them is to an unranked mid-major, then yes you are overrated.

I agree.
Amun-Ra Wrote:And had we lost I would have said we was very overrated. So whats your point? Plain and simple. If you a top ten rated team and you have four losses before February and one of them is to an unranked mid-major, then yes you are overrated.

WHat are you talking about??? Where did I say they were not overated? You post has ZERO to do with mine! Apples and Oranges!
Stardust Wrote:WHat are you talking about??? Where did I say they were not overated? You post has ZERO to do with mine! Apples and Oranges!

Stardust, dude your all out of whack!!! You were a Cinci fan, from time to time you seem to be a UK fan, but you have Iowa as your college team below your avatar. Which is it???
Wildcats11 Wrote:Stardust, dude your all out of whack!!! You were a Cinci fan, from time to time you seem to be a UK fan, but you have Iowa as your college team below your avatar. Which is it???

You don't know what I am a fan of! I graduated from UC, who gives a crap what my Avatar says! It says something different every day, just now you notice?
Stardust Wrote:You don't know what I am a fan of! I graduated from UC, who gives a crap what my Avatar says! It says something different every day, just now you notice?

You're right, I don't know what your fan of. That's the reason I was asking but since you want to be a jerk about it, I will say what I wanted to say from the beginning. BANDWAGON??? I have a life and don't spend my life on BGR, so yes I just now noticed!!! :thanks: :biggrin:
Wildcats11 Wrote:You're right, I don't know what your fan of. That's the reason I was asking but since you want to be a jerk about it, I will say what I wanted to say from the beginning. BANDWAGON??? I have a life and don't spend my life on BGR, so yes I just now noticed!!! :thanks: :biggrin:

Everyone knows that Stardust is a realistic UK Fan, who points out the good things and the bad things as for fans like me only see the good and like to argue with him about it. He graduated from cincy and is proud to have that below his avatar. As for taking personal shots at him???? whats the point. believe me he can shoot them right back. e just saying the argument didnt match up. Now the point that UNC is overrated. Of Course they Are. There there USC of college basketball.
Pages: 1 2