Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kansas @ (14) Tennessee 1/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts/predictions???

1:30 pm CBS
Kansas ROLLS!
kansas probably will win but i hope tennessee wins so uk moves to 2!!! in the top 25
Ku big.
Kansas Huge.
Kansas wins by 20+
UT at home will be tough. Give me a UT victory. That get's UK closer to #1 and it strengthens the SEC's RPI
Is the 4 players who got arrested the other night going to be playing?
KU by 32
Well if those 4 players that got arrested are suspended then Kansas will roll over Tennessee! But, if they're going to be playing i think Tennessee has a very good chance of winning!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Well if those 4 players that got arrested are suspended then Kansas will roll over Tennessee! But, if they're going to be playing i think Tennessee has a very good chance of winning!!

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! :Thumbs:
this would have been a better game if not for the Thug story in Knoxville
I look for tennesse to put up a good fight but in the end Kansas will be to much.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well if those 4 players that got arrested are suspended then Kansas will roll over Tennessee! But, if they're going to be playing i think Tennessee has a very good chance of winning!!

All four have been suspended, but no length of time has been given.
I don't think Tenn has much of a chance with or without those players. There very overrated.

The four suspended players, are they starters or significant players?
Go Kansas. Destroy the Bloods!
KU 81 Tennessee 55 Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:The four suspended players, are they starters or significant players?

Yes... Tyler Smith is arguably UT's best player and Brian Williams is a key player as well.
Without the thugs, we don't have much of a chance. Not enough depth and not enough bodies to throw at the Kansas big man. With the thugs, we have a legitimate shot. Kansas only won by seven at Kansas last year and the teams pretty much have the same personnel as last year, give or take a few players. Unless all charges are miraculously dropped early this week, I don't see them being back in time for this one. If thats the case, Kansas by 15.
Tennessee wins
lwc Wrote:This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! :Thumbs:

same here!!
Kansas can phone this one in.
I believe UT will have it close At halftime but Kansas will take off in the 2nd half, Kansas by 20.
kansas by 15+
If Tenn. has all of there players I think they may be able to make this game interesting. If 4 of there players are out for this game I think Kansas runs away with this one by atleast 20. I still think Kansas is a bit over rated because they have yet to play anyone. Temple was ranked but shouldnt have been IMO. Its not often i cheer for the Vols but i hope they can play hard and take this one.
Stardust Wrote:The four suspended players, are they starters or significant players?

They're all 4 staters or have started multiple games throughout the season.
^ Thx
leecoukfan Wrote:They're all 4 staters or have started multiple games throughout the season.

These are the 4 players that got arrested and an overview of some of their stats to showhat kind of an impact the suspensions willl have.

Melvin Goins: 5'11'' 195 Jr Guard, started 1 game and has played in all 12 and averages 16.3 mpg, 6.1 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.3 apg

Tyler Smith: 6'7'' 215 Sr Guard/Forward, has started all 12 games, Preseason All SEC 1st Team Unanimous Selection, averages 26.8 mpg, 11.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, 57% FG shooting

Cameron Tatum: 6'6'' 197 So Guard, has started 6 games and has played in all 12 he averages 19.6 mpg, 8.7 ppg, 2.4 rpg, shooting 40% from the 3 line

Brian Williams: 6'10'' 278 Jr Center, has played in all 12 games and averages 16.7 mpg, 5.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg which leads the team inrebounds

With all 4 of these players being suspended it will greatly diminish their chance of winning any of the games that Tennessee will be playing while they're suspended.

The Volunteers will lose 40% of their scoring and 40% of their rebounding as well.
Stardust Wrote:^ Thx

Your Welcome, i just posted an overview of each players stats
Tennessee must make do with much less against No. 1 Kansas
Four players are suspended indefinitely and face gun possession charges after traffic stop. The most significant loss is senior forward Tyler Smith.
Pages: 1 2