Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville billboard in Lexington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
U of L athletics has placed a billboard in Lexington on new circle rd. Here is the link to the story.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/108018...ni_popular
They have 13 other billboards statewide similar to this. If they have nothing else better to spend $28,000 on...then more power to them. Still doesn't hide the fact that Kentucky swept UL in every major sport this school year...lmao @ them :biggrin:
he he thats just funny
there's one like this in Prestonsburg.
The problem with this is? I see UK billboards in Louisville. What is the difference? I am a UK I have no problem with this. I have seen this billboard on New Circle. UofL is honoring the Lexington natives who are playing sports for UofL.
I saw a comment on the article that brought up a good question:
Isn't this a form of advertising?
Are student-athletes allowed to be used in ANY form of advertising?
Or is it allowed when advertising for the University they are enrolled at?
I think it is too funny. It's like when UK football commercials air during Card's Football broadcasts, I thought that was classic.
There is also one in Pikeville.
I can't stand that other Kentucky team, but that is a nice billboard.
Marshall once placed a billboard just outside of Morgantown. It read "We play for championships." It was used to goad WVU into playing Marshall in football. At the time, Pruett was the coach of Marshall. All it did was **** WVU fans off.
I really dont see the problem here...Uk has them in louisville
theVILLE Wrote:I really dont see the problem here...Uk has them in louisville

I was about to say the same.

We have two UL billboards in Prestonsburg that I have to look at every day. Although both are finally weathering away.

:biggrin:
It's not that big of a deal. There are UK billboards in Louisville and they have to look at our Billboards and get reminded everyday that we beat them!
Who cares? It's a frekon billboard.
I like it. It's just part of the rivalry.
this is funny
Aslan Wrote:Who cares? It's a frekon billboard.

I agree.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I was about to say the same.

We have two UL billboards in Prestonsburg that I have to look at every day. Although both are finally weathering away.

:biggrin:

2? where is the second? i have seen the one as your leaving Prestonsburg heading towards Martin...
There was one in Rockcastle next to I 75, some one tore it down.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:There was one in Rockcastle next to I 75, some one tore it down.

Which, ironically, was not very long after Louisville pulled Brad Durham's scholarship and UK signed him. Confusedhh: :biggrin:
UofL is trying to recruit Sarah Hammonds of Rockcastle as well.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:UofL is trying to recruit Sarah Hammonds of Rockcastle as well.

That is probably why they held that practice at R.C.H.S before the UL-UK girls basketball game.

One thing that might help is if they put the billboard back up. That thing was first covered with paintballs and then torn down.
lwc Wrote:That is probably why they held that practice at R.C.H.S before the UL-UK girls basketball game.

One thing that might help is if they put the billboard back up. That thing was first covered with paintballs and then torn down.

and sara came to the UL practice with a UK hoodie on :Clap:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:and sara came to the UL practice with a UK hoodie on :Clap:

:lmao:
The main reason UK has billboards in Louisville is because there are more UK alumni there than anywhere else along with Lexington.
What does it matter, UK got one in Louisville. So way can;t UofL have one in Lexington. Both school is in Kentucky. If it is a school from out of state, it will be something else. When either one of these school win, everone in Kentucky have a winner.