Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky/Louisville UPDATES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If UK allows Louisville 18, 14 or 11 three pointers like they have in earlier games this season, can they beat the Cards? If Wall gets in foul trouble and has to sit, can the Cats get the ball inside against the Louisville Zone?

This is a rivalry game and after listening to Coach Cal's pregame, he told his player this game is no bigger than the Hartford game. I think that may be downplaying it a bit, because this game is HUGE! This game is a monster to the fans, the coaches, and I sure hope the players.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketbal...le-rivalry

Saturday's game between Kentucky and Louisville has been circled since last April when UK announced John Calipari as Billy Gillispie’s replacement.

Expect Rupp Arena to be rocking for Kentucky coach John Calipari's first game against Louisville.Louisville coach Rick Pitino helped Calipari get his job at Pitino’s alma mater UMass, but there is no sense of loyalty between the two high-profile coaches.

They had a brief rivalry in Conference USA with Pitino at Louisville and Calipari at Memphis. But that has nothing on this.

Pitino, the former Kentucky coach, is still a legendary figure in the Commonwealth. He's the one who helped get the Wildcats out of the abyss of NCAA sanctions, won a national title in 1996, took the program to another Final Four the following year, and whose assistant, Tubby Smith, won another title in 1998 with Pitino's players.

Kentucky’s undefeated record, star power in players like John Wall, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins, and the game being staged at Rupp Arena makes this even more of an event. Toss in Pitino’s sordid offseason soap opera of being extorted for an affair from six years prior, and the atmosphere should be one of the more heated of any game this season.
What was UofL ranked last year when the Cats went there?
Cards win the tip
Early foul on BLedsoe
Bledsoe already is out of his game mentally
3 fouls and we havent plaed 30 seconds
Cousins cheap shots a guy with an elbow. He plays on my team but he is a thug
***** should be out of the game
He should be GONE!
You beat me to it Stardust...he's nothing but a dirty thug!!!!!
Cousins is an idiot. I Hope he does leave. I love this team, but he is a thug thats plays like an idiot!
:45 seconds of Idiocy
Cousins 2 FT's and a putback to put the Cats up 4-0
Cousins with 6
Definetley Lousiville is mentally not in the early part of this game
1st fould on Wall, we cannot afford for him to get in foul trouble
Lousiville has missed 5 put-backs
BEEUUUUTTTEEFFULL Block by Orton
4:00 played - 7 points scored - 7 fouls called
Go Cats
PPat with a trey
PPat runs the floor for a dunk
The foul calls are getting crazy!!!!!!
A Cousins scramble feeds to a PP Dunk
Cats 15-3
UofL couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat right now.
Kentucky up 15-3 on the Cards not looking good for Pitino!! Go Cats!!
ImagineThat! Wrote:UofL couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat right now.

Yep, but surprisingly they are getting a lot of shots around the basket
2nd foul on Samuels
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6