Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hypothetical Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Imagine you are a top 10 prospect coming out of high school and can play at any college you want (unless your name is John Wall and you want to play for Roy Williams). What is your 2nd choice for college? My first choice is obviously UK, but if I could not play there, I believe I would want to play at Memphis. Pastner is doing an excellent job there and would be easy for an upcoming freshman to relate to due to his youth. The fans there are great too!
If I'm a Top 10 prospect, I want a coach/program that will develop me both offensively and defensively. In no order.

Izzo - Mich St
Wright - Villanova
Coach K - Duke
Barnes - Texas
Few - Gonzaga
Calhoun - UConn
Huggins - WVU
Ryan - Wisconsin
Pitino - UL
Donovan- Florida
Kansas
Miami
UCLA
UNLV
The coaches that will most get you ready for the NBA in this day are Calipari, Coach K, and Bill Self. So I would choose either UK, Duke, or Kansas.
Love him or hate him I've got to go with Rick Pitino and the Louisville Cardinals.
i would've said pitino in a heartbeat but after last year in might be too much going on when im trying to get ready for the next level. you have to say self, coach K, izzo, i believe in pastner too. here lately i have to believe in texas. its all according to what what position.
PC_You_Know Wrote:The coaches that will most get you ready for the NBA in this day are Calipari, Coach K, and Bill Self. So I would choose either UK, Duke, or Kansas.
:Thumbs: Great list. I would probably add Roy Williams to the list...and maybe Bruce Pearl...depending on what role the young man wanted to play for an NBA team. TongueirateSho j/k (But Pearl is still open to playing one or more of the four UT players that were arrested in the next game!)
Nova im small and would play the guard position and IMO Jay Wright produces some of the best guards in the NCAA.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: Great list. I would probably add Roy Williams to the list...and maybe Bruce Pearl...depending on what role the young man wanted to play for an NBA team. TongueirateSho j/k (But Pearl is still open to playing one or more of the four UT players that were arrested in the next game!)

OP said excluding Roy Williams.
PC_You_Know Wrote:OP said excluding Roy Williams.
Thanks. I stand corrected. Your list would be my list.
Doesn't matter. If I'm a top 10, I'm just going to college because I have two, and just like all the other top tens, I'm one and down cause I'm going to the show
I would go to EKU for one year then go pro.
Kansas.... I would rather give up basketball and dig ditches than sell my soul and play at Louisville or Duke.
Wku
WVU w/ Huggins
Creeker Wrote:WVU w/ Huggins

That wouldn't make you a top 10 player, it would make you a convict!:biggrin:

JK, I loved Bobby at UC and was one of those who blasted Zimpher (who is now gone) for canning him.
Stardust Wrote:That wouldn't make you a top 10 player, it would make you a convict!:biggrin:

JK, I loved Bobby at UC and was one of those who blasted Zimpher (who is now gone) for canning him.
:lmao: This is true!
I would go to a place that would have me NBA ready and immediate playing time. UNC, UCONN, CUSE would be the top 3.
I would like to say Memphis but Pastners style of play doesnt really let anybody stand out, they have a slow paced work it around offense. so i would prolly go with cincinnati. they are fast paced and love to shoot the 3 and they let each other go 1 on 1 when they know they can beat the man guarding them.