Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (5) Florida 51 - (3) Cincinnati 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Plain and simple, Cincy should not have been rated so high to where they had to play Florida. This was a BCS game.
Lol, Shows the power of Florida And Alabama.
Also, what a performance by Tebow. Hate him or love him, you have got to respect what he has done during his career at Florida. IMO he is the best college football player I have ever watched.
Congrats Gators!!!!!

i turned this on it was 37-3 in the 3rd. Florida, just gave Cincy a Spanking.
:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Shows the power of Florida And Alabama.
I'm in total shock... not really.

Amun-Ra Wrote:Also, what a performance by Tebow. Hate him or love him, you have got to respect what he has done during his career at Florida. IMO he is the best college football player I have ever watched.

I hate Florida, but Tim Tebow is the man! I have all the respect for that man on and off the field. Not only is he one of the best players ever in college football, he's the best role model ever to play as well.

The game will miss Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow is the only man that has ever made me root for another school besides UK. Except when they played UK of course. I don't know a parent in America that wouldn't want their kid to grow up to be like Tebow.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Plain and simple, Cincy should not have been rated so high to where they had to play Florida. This was a BCS game.

That's complete nonsense. UC was where they deserved to be! UF, Bama and Texas were that much better than anyone, period! Yesterday, Bama would have take that same kind of loss to a Florida team that was at the top of the world. To say UC did not desreve their ranking in completely offbase. I'll buy an argument that there needs to be a playoff, but to not say they belonged is completely off base!
blackcat_mc Wrote:Tim Tebow is the only man that has ever made me root for another school besides UK. Except when they played UK of course. I don't know a parent in America that wouldn't want their kid to grow up to be like Tebow.

I ditto that
Stardust Wrote:That's complete nonsense. UC was where they deserved to be! UF, Bama and Texas were that much better than anyone, period! Yesterday, Bama would have take that same kind of loss to a Florida team that was at the top of the world. To say UC did not desreve their ranking in completely offbase. I'll buy an argument that there needs to be a playoff, but to not say they belonged is completely off base!
They were there because the Big East gets an automatic BCS bid. UC did not belong in this game. Their defense was suspect and their offense was a big play type that a good defense could shut down. Then UC pulls the bush league act of warming up with one color helmet (black) and came out to start the game in White Helmets? Come on. I knew UC was in deep dodo when they ran the trick QB flea flicker early in the game.
nky Wrote:They were there because the Big East gets an automatic BCS bid. UC did not belong in this game. Their defense was suspect and their offense was a big play type that a good defense could shut down. Then UC pulls the bush league act of warming up with one color helmet (black) and came out to start the game in White Helmets? Come on. I knew UC was in deep dodo when they ran the trick QB flea flicker early in the game.

Hmm, and beating just as many top 25 ranked teams was an aberition too :eyeroll:

Plain and simple, this team lost it's heart and no how when Kelly left. Would it have been a different outcome, no! Florida is in a different level. But with Kelly this UC squad beats any other team ranked below them in the country. That should not take away that they didn't deserve to be in this game.

What is Bush about warming up in Black Helmets? There are NFL teams that warm-up in different jersey's and MLB teams that have complete warm-up or pre-game hats and tops :eyeroll:
Let's not be so quick to say the Bearcats aren't very good. They are an explosive team, that just got manhandled today. Kelly had UC go through their schedule and they were 12-0. Like Revels said in his interview, "we got it right 12 times and today, the other team did".

To me the difference in this game, was Florida's quickness on the D line and the ability to cover/help in the secondary. Pike was running, dodging and scrambling in nearly every play, until 6-8 minutes in the 4th. Gators were too quick for what I thought, was a quick UC team.

Losing Kelly had to affect the preparation but not the outcome. Florida would have won this game regardless but UC with Kelly, would have been much closer.
Stardust Wrote:What is Bush about warming up in Black Helmets? There are NFL teams that warm-up in different jersey's and MLB teams that have complete warm-up or pre-game hats and tops :eyeroll:
It's a cheap motivational tool that doesn't work unless it's in a movie. You know UC's defense was suspect and most teams in the top 10 would have beaten them. Coach Kelly may have some effect but the rest of the staff was there and the players and plays did not change
Augie Garrido Wrote:Let's not be so quick to say the Bearcats aren't very good. They are an explosive team, that just got manhandled today. Kelly had UC go through their schedule and they were 12-0. Like Revels said in his interview, "we got it right 12 times and today, the other team did".

To me the difference in this game, was Florida's quickness on the D line and the ability to cover/help in the secondary. Pike was running, dodging and scrambling in nearly every play, until 6-8 minutes in the 4th. Gators were too quick for what I thought, was a quick UC team.

Losing Kelly had to affect the preparation but not the outcome. Florida would have won this game regardless but UC with Kelly, would have been much closer.
UC had a good team and lost to a great team. The play is a so so football league. The BCS was forced to put them in one of the Big games because of the Automatic bid.
I think it's definitely time for a playoff. Sure, like Stardust said, it may have been because of Natti's coach leaving that they were blown out, well then I guess a playoff would cancel that out and you wouldn't see a blowout in a big game like this if they would have been eliminated in the first round.
Stardust Wrote:Hmm, and beating just as many top 25 ranked teams was an aberition too :eyeroll:

Plain and simple, this team lost it's heart and no how when Kelly left. Would it have been a different outcome, no! Florida is in a different level. But with Kelly this UC squad beats any other team ranked below them in the country. That should not take away that they didn't deserve to be in this game.

What is Bush about warming up in Black Helmets? There are NFL teams that warm-up in different jersey's and MLB teams that have complete warm-up or pre-game hats and tops :eyeroll:

I agree 100%... when BK (grrr) left, especially the way he did this team lost it's heart... Florida would have beat us anyway, but we earned this game.
I figured this game would end up this way. Cincy was good but Florida should have had a different opponent in this game IMO.

I hate Florida as much as anyone but how can anyone not love what Tebow brought to the table every game the past 4 years? I hate to see the Tebow era come to an end it will be a long long time before college football has another player like him on and/or off the field.
The outcome of this game shouldn't have suprised anyone. Everyone that knows anything about college football knows the big east is a joke. Noway can teams from the big east compete with teams from the sec. If cincy was in the sec they would have lost several games.
you could see them had alot of talent but they couldn't mess with florida just like 99% of the teams. but no matter what whenever you you lose your headcoach its going to effect preparation
I was rooting for the Bearcats but again the SEC proves to have the toughest teams in the nation! So congrats to Tim Tebow and the Gators!
Congats to Tebow and Coach Meyer.. I was happy to see Tebow go out the way he did. But I would've like to seen Florida playing one of the none BCS teams TCU or Boise. Just as Alabama had to last year. I think it would have been real interesting. And probably a better game.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Let's not be so quick to say the Bearcats aren't very good. They are an explosive team, that just got manhandled today. Kelly had UC go through their schedule and they were 12-0. Like Revels said in his interview, "we got it right 12 times and today, the other team did".

Good post :Thumbs:
This just solidifies the difference between the elite level of the SEC as compared to the elite level of the Big East.

Cincy deserved to be in the game. They beat every team they played. I mentioned when this game was first announced that UF was the worst team UC could possibly play. UF dominated every phase of this one.

SEC fans, including UK fans, throw around the SEC "speed" statements all too often. The truth is that UC has "SEC speed", but they don't have Florida or Alabama speed.
I ate my words, but plain and simple the better team won. I would still take Cincy over Texas though. I think the Gators are the top team in college football and would beat the Tide 8/10 times. But Alabama picked a good time to bring it in the SEC title game.
What A Way for Tebow to end his college career, 482 Yards, and 500 Total yards, just Wow.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This just solidifies the difference between the elite level of the SEC as compared to the elite level of the Big East.

Cincy deserved to be in the game. They beat every team they played. I mentioned when this game was first announced that UF was the worst team UC could possibly play. UF dominated every phase of this one.

SEC fans, including UK fans, throw around the SEC "speed" statements all too often. The truth is that UC has "SEC speed", but they don't have Florida or Alabama speed.

Excellent post. Florida and Alabama are the elite, even in the SEC. IMO, the Gators would have beat Bama by 14 Saturday night, they were that good.
tebow is one of the best college players of all time. IMO
Cincy was out played and stood no chance to winning this game.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Cincy was out played and stood no chance to winning this game.

Agreed, but there is no team in the nation that stood a chance against that Florida team, none!
Pages: 1 2