Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Leach/Trainer Respond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an interview aired on Sports Center on ESPN, Mike Leach fired finally spoke. He claimed his firing was because of "power" (of Craig James most likely) and because the university did not want to pay the money. He says that Adam James was lazy and put in absolutely no danger, and that he didn't do anything wrong. The trainer has also spoke, telling his side of what happened.

I can't find a link on ESPN for the Leach interview, but here is the link from the trainer's side:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4787194"]Texas Tech football trainer contradicts Adam James' story - ESPN[/ame]

Who do you all believe?
Leach.
^ ??
I thought the initial allegations by James were strange, regarding closet. Then a cell phone video emerges of James in some electrical closet. Why did James have a phone with him, if he was "banished" to this room anyway.

Doesn't pass the smell test to me and with two widely differing stories, this issue won't be resolved anytime soon.
I'm with Leach because of the trainer coming forward and this is no "normal kid". James according to position coaches and Leach was lazy and had a "sense of entitlement" which isn't surprising where he is coming from. When the kid feels like he is mistreated at all he runs to Daddy, who is going to have a media outlet and TTU didn't want to deal with that or pay him the money. The guy was put in a dark place with an ice machine and was allowed to sit and do what he wanted, I also agree with Auggie- he just so happens to have a cell phone to film it? It seems like he was on a mission to start trouble and because of the knee-jerk reactions by the administration of TTU, succeeded in his mission.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'm with Leach because of the trainer coming forward and this is no "normal kid". James according to position coaches and Leach was lazy and had a "sense of entitlement" which isn't surprising where he is coming from. When the kid feels like he is mistreated at all he runs to Daddy, who is going to have a media outlet and TTU didn't want to deal with that or pay him the money. The guy was put in a dark place with an ice machine and was allowed to sit and do what he wanted, I also agree with Auggie- he just so happens to have a cell phone to film it? It seems like he was on a mission to start trouble and because of the knee-jerk reactions by the administration of TTU, succeeded in his mission.

"Diva" is what his own teammates called him
Texas Tech's head athletic trainer (same guy as above) said in an affidavit that he apologized to James for having to treat the kid that way and told university officials Dec. 21 that he personally didn't agree with that form of treatment for anyone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=...type=story
The above link has been updated after TTU also released the team doctor's signed affidavit, which also contradicts Leach's claims.

Apparently he was around Mumme long enough to pick up Mumme's somewhat cavalier regard for the truth, the rules and a few other things.