Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tommy Tuberville 'Very Interested' in Texas Tech job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said Thursday he's interested in the Texas Tech opening.

"I would be very interested," Tuberville said. "I have family there. I have a lot of ties there. I've recruited Dallas and Houston and I think it would be a pretty good fit. Mike [Leach] did a good job and I think I could make the situation even better."

Tuberville and Baylor coach Art Briles are two logical candidates, according to sources familiar with the pending search to replace Mike Leach. Leach was fired Wednesday after 10 seasons with the Red Raiders.

Interim coach Ruffin McNeil, the team's defensive coordinator, will lead Texas Tech in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2 against Michigan State Spartans.

Tuberville and Auburn parted ways in 2008 after his team went 5-7 in his 10th season at the school.

In 2004, Tuberville received national coach of the year awards after leading the Tigers to a 13-0 record.

Tuberville averaged 8.5 wins in his 10 seasons, taking Auburn to eight consecutive bowls. He also coached at Ole Miss.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4785127"]Ex-Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville expresses interest in Texas Tech Red Raiders job - ESPN[/ame]
That would be a nice hire for TTU and their expectations for fur wins a season
It would be a great hire for TT...Has Virginia filled their coaching vacancy yet?? I could see Tuberville or Leach going there if not..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:It would be a great hire for TT...Has Virginia filled their coaching vacancy yet?? I could see Tuberville or Leach going there if not..

UVa picked off Mike London from the University of Richmond. Outstanding decision.
TomSportsHack Wrote:UVa picked off Mike London from the University of Richmond. Outstanding decision.
Ahh I totally forgot all about that, and yeah its a great hire...
I think Tuberville could do well. He is a pretty good recruiter and Texas is a HOTBED for recruiting. He will do well.
Any one see the irony of this if they were to hire Tuberville? Tuberville lost his job in part for bringing in Franklin (who runs the same offense as Leach) and that whole thing did not go well. If TT brought in Tuberville then they are bringing in a coach to coach a team built on and for a system that was part of his downfall. If TT wants to keep going the way they have then I Ruffin as HC and the inside rec coach that was the OC for the bowl game makes sense. They would retain most if not all the same staff.