Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Terrance Ross to UK????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back on December 11th, we mentioned Terrance Ross and his shakiness with his commitment to Maryland. Since that time, the decommitment has become official and more information has came out surrounding who he will be considering. According to the Washington Post, Stu Vetter, his Montrose Christian coach, said that they will only be considering around 3-4 schools, those schools being Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Maryland.

Under Montrose Christian rules, Ross is not allowed to make any official visits during the high school season. However, rumors have swirled recently that Ross may be taking what would be an unofficial visit to UK in the very near future, perhaps in the next few weeks. Whether that visit occurs or not, one thing is for sure: the Cats have taken a big interest in Ross and are intrigued by his skill set including what ultimate skill level he may be able to reach in college.

Ross is ranked as the #43 overall prospect and #10 shooting guard by Rivals.com, while Scout.com ranks him as the #21 shooting guard and #93 overall. Scout.com describes Ross’ game as follows: “Long and bouncy wing with a very big upside. Shoots it well to three. Has a chance to be an excellent defender. An elite, high major prospect.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=39884
Does UK have any commits for next years class?
Just 1 as of now = Stacey Poole
4* guard - 6'5 Stacey Poole

He is ranked 27th on rivals.com top 150 for the Class of 2010.
I went to the blue/white scrimminage and there was two 5 star recruits there, I don't remember there names. Are we still in on them?
Aslan Wrote:I went to the blue/white scrimminage and there was two 5 star recruits there, I don't remember there names. Are we still in on them?

#1 recruit for 2011, Michael Gilchrist and #5 recruit for 2010, Tobias Harris. Harris already verballed to Tennessee a few weeks ago, but Gilchrist is a UK favorite by most accounts.

I believe there were a couple more big named recruits in attendance for Big Blue Madness, but those are the two I remember for sure.
As for the Blue/White Scrimmage, #13 for 2010 Terrance Jones, and #14 for 2010 (former teammate of John Wall) C.J. Leslie was in attendance. A couple others were there as well for this event, but I can't remember exactly who. Both of those ones I mentioned are UK favorites.
5* recruit, #1 PG and #1 recruit overall by Rivals.com Brandon Knight is considering UK, 5* recruit, #2 PG and #4 overall by Rivals.com Josh Selby is considering UK, 5* recuit, #3 PF and #13 overall by Rivals.com Terrence Jones is also considering UK.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:As for the Blue/White Scrimmage, #13 for 2010 Terrance Jones, and #14 for 2010 (former teammate of John Wall) C.J. Leslie was in attendance. A couple others were there as well for this event, but I can't remember exactly who. Both of those ones I mentioned are UK favorites.

Yep, those were the two. Jones walked by us and he is HUGE! Makes me think of Cousins, probably bigger. Leslie just looks like a baller lol. They started chanting both there names during the scrimmage.
Keep ya fingers crossed that we get the players we want.
If UK loses Cousins and Patterson then they will need a big body like jones more then another pg imo.
C.J Leslie is a freak athlete. As for Terrence Ross, he is a sharp shooter and would be a good get IMO.
^ Agree about Leslie
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:C.J Leslie is a freak athlete. As for Terrence Ross, he is a sharp shooter and would be a good get IMO.

Ross is really athletic too. C.J. Leslie reminds me of Stanley Robinson from Uconn.
catsfan4ever Wrote:If UK loses Cousins and Patterson then they will need a big body like jones more then another pg imo.

I think Cousins will be back next year.