Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sarah Elliott Named SEC Player of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After helping lead UK Hoops to back-to-back conference wins, Sarah Elliott was named UK’s first Player of the Week since 2003. She is the first freshman to receive the honor in Wildcat women's basketball history.

Freshman center Sarah Elliott was named the Southeastern Conference Player of the Week for her back-to-back double-digit performances and a combined 12 rebounds in Kentucky’s two league wins last week. She is the first freshman at UK to receive the POW since the league began the honor in the 1984-85 season.

Elliott, a native of McKee, Ky., averaged 12.5 points and 6.5 rebounds during a two- game stretch vs. No. 18 Georgia and Ole Miss. She shot 50 percent from the field in the games and leads the team in field goal percentage (59.3). She led the Wildcats with a team-high 15 points in the win over Georgia, UK's first win over a ranked opponent in five seasons and the first win over Georgia in eight tries. She also brought down seven rebounds vs. the Lady Dogs. The 6-6 center came off the bench to record 10 points, six rebounds and two blocks in just 16 minutes of action against Ole Miss on Sunday.

Elliott has scored in double-figures nine times this season, including three of the last four games. She has led UK in scoring five times in her rookie season and is UK’s second-leading scorer and rebounder with 11.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.

This is UK first Player of the Week honor since November of 2003.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2
Congrats to Sarah
Congrats Sarah
Ya know 6'6 is really tall for a girl. It's actually kind of scary.. I mean I'm 6'6 also and I feel like a giant sometimes. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be a girl and be 6'6. I guess she's the womens teams version of Shagari, except she's kicking tail her freshman year!

Congratulations to Sarah, and to the womens team in general. Keep it up, we'd love to see them make a run into the NCAA tourney this year!