Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas Tech Fires Mike Leach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TTU has fired football head coach Mike Leach, just two days after he was suspended by the school as it investigated his treatment of a player with a concussion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/ne...id=4781981
no suprise here
Not surprised, but I think this was what Tech was looking for to cut ties with Leach. Seems there were some hard feelings toward him after he interviewed for some jobs that the school was not aware of. If he and his lawyer can clear his name, he'll have another job soon.
well leach will have a good little law suit that he'll end up with!!!
Dang that was quick.
It will not take long for Leach to land a job.

He runs a very exciting spread offense that has become probably the most popular offensive scheme in the nation.

Expect to see a few school reach out to Leach and get rid of their current coach.
And with the firing, coincedently enough, TTU gets out of paying Leach his $800K salary for next year as long as he was not employed by EOD today. Makes you say Hmmmm.
Be awesome timing for UK had they not got in bed with Joker.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Be awesome timing for UK had they not got in bed with Joker.

Has UK officially offered Joker the job? Hey, this is college athletic's which is DIRTY. Why not retract any promises to Joker and go after Leach? I would take him over Joker in a heartbeat!
Stardust Wrote:Has UK officially offered Joker the job? Hey, this is college athletic's which is DIRTY. Why not retract any promises to Joker and go after Leach? I would take him over Joker in a heartbeat!

Strongly agree..
I would too but we all know they will honor the "head coach in waiting"...
Amun-Ra Wrote:I would too but we all know they will honor the "head coach in waiting"...

Which is what UK should do.
Aslan Wrote:Which is what UK should do.
I agree. It is what we should do now that we already have made that commitment.

What UK really should have done was hire a coach like normal once Brooks leaves.
Well TTU can have fun winning 4 games per year.
I WANT MIKE LEACH! I love his system and I like the guy. Have met him a couple of times and he is a joy to hang around with. ****es me off to see the assistant coach hang him out to dry during all of this and be vocal about it!
Stardust Wrote:And with the firing, coincedently enough, TTU gets out of paying Leach his $800K salary for next year as long as he was not employed by EOD today. Makes you say Hmmmm.

It was a "loyalty bonus" rather than a salary. The only reason Leach was fighting was to get has fat little fingers on the $800K, but overall he never showed much loyalty and gave himself enough rope for others to hang him with.

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I WANT MIKE LEACH!

No, you don't. After about two years he'd be angling for another job behind the UK administration's back just like he did at Texas Tech.

Heck, even the most well-heeled TTech boosters couldn't stand the guy. He did this to himself.