Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hartford @ (3) Kentucky 12/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game will be on ESPN2 this coming Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
This will be a gawd awful game, and hopefully one that does not get anyone hurt or develop bad habits as the Cats head into the Louisville game. They are 6-8, 6-6, 6-5, 6-0 and 5-10 in their starting lineup and have lost their last 7 in a row against very weak competition. They shoot the 3 at 38%, so I don't see a team that will come into Lexington and have one of those games that can scare the Cats due to their outside shooting.

Cats by 30+ if they have a bad night, 40+ if they play well, 50+ if they play at their peak.

Cats will cross the Century mark without much of an effort and may have 60 by halftime

I see Stevenson, Harris, Harrelson and Liggins all getting plenty of playing time. Krebs will set his all-time scoring mark at UK in this game plus exceed his two season total points with the Cats, 6 points for his career, in this game.
Blowout.
Cats win! Go WILDCATS!
Cats BIG!
Hartford is one of the worst teams in the NCAA. Kentucky may win this game by 60+. Like someone else said, hopefully everyone stays injury free.

GBB!
UK keeps on rollin in this one by 30+
i'll be at this game..

UK should win by 30+
Another practice game preparing for the season.
Cats will come out fast and win going away 101-67.
Krebbs will hit a 40 foot three at the end of the game and UK will beat Hartford 48-47!

JK, UK 109-55 Big Grin
hartford=2-9 on the season UK Should have another highlite real
UK-108
Hartford-57
This Hartford Hawks team is currently 2-9 overall and have lost 7 games in a row! There only 2 wins have come against Marist and Fordham, the best team that they have played so far this season would have to be Seton Hall and they got beat by 33 points so Kentucky will be by far the best team that Hartford will most likely play all season and its going to show in the scoring column!

Probable starters for Hartford:

G Andres Torres 5'10'' 170 Jr
G Joe Zeglinski 6'0'' 185 Jr
G Charles White 6'1'' 170 Fr
F Anthony Minor 6'6'' 200 Jr
F Morgan Sabia 6'8'' 200 Jr

After looking at this starting lineup and considering that no one on the starting lineup weighs over 200lbs, barring a Major Meltdown by the cats i see no reason why we couldn't win this game by 50+ points!! This has to be the biggest MISMATCH that i have seen in a long time in college basketball, because just for an example our PG John Wall is almost as big as Hartford's starting PF!!

The Wildcats and Coach Calipari call the score in this game!! Whatever they want it to be!
Laugher...UK big!
I will be in attendance for this one at Rupp and expect to see an easy victory for Kentucky. They will come out flat but should recover fairly quickly and cruise to a win.

Kentucky105
Hartford65
Why even schedule teams like this?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Why even schedule teams like this?

I agree, typically you have "Get Healthy" games on your schedule, but we have had several of those aleady. There is nothing possitive that comes out of a game like this. You score a 100 and beat them by 60, you were supposed to. Harford has the game of their life, hits treys like they are out of style and makes this a competitive game, people wonder whats wrong. The only thing that the Cats get from this game is the, "Last Chance" that the Krebs family gets to see their son play a college basketball game.
Stardust Wrote:I agree, typically you have "Get Healthy" games on your schedule, but we have had several of those aleady. There is nothing possitive that comes out of a game like this. You score a 100 and beat them by 60, you were supposed to. Harford has the game of their life, hits treys like they are out of style and makes this a competitive game, people wonder whats wrong. The only thing that the Cats get from this game is the, "Last Chance" that the Krebs family gets to see their son play a college basketball game.

I see your point, but teams like Hartford make a lot of money from playing teams like UK. Playing these games where you get your butt whipped help get enough money together to go out and recruit bigger/better players. Calipari may have a tie with someone on the Hartford coaching staff and is probably only helping them out by scheduling them.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I see your point, but teams like Hartford make a lot of money from playing teams like UK. Playing these games where you get your butt whipped help get enough money together to go out and recruit bigger/better players. Calipari may have a tie with someone on the Hartford coaching staff and is probably only helping them out by scheduling them.

You are right, this is done all the time and there is a legitmacy as to why coaches do this. I'm not sure there is a tie to this game, I remember their coach as a player and assistant to John Chaney at Temple. I don't recall on Cal's resume that he speant any time there.

My guess is that this game was on the schedule prior to Cal coming, so I won't blame him for scheduling this game. In situations like this, I'd rather give money to an in-state team. Don't give a payday to a mediocre program when you can help your own state out.

Let Hartford make their money by playing UConn, we don't need them here. Give me NKU, EKU, WKU, heck bring in Transylvania, they would put up as much of a contest as Harford
This will be a win for the CATS. It will be a blowout.
Stardust Wrote:You are right, this is done all the time and there is a legitmacy as to why coaches do this. I'm not sure there is a tie to this game, I remember their coach as a player and assistant to John Chaney at Temple. I don't recall on Cal's resume that he speant any time there.

My guess is that this game was on the schedule prior to Cal coming, so I won't blame him for scheduling this game. In situations like this, I'd rather give money to an in-state team. Don't give a payday to a mediocre program when you can help your own state out.

Let Hartford make their money by playing UConn, we don't need them here. Give me NKU, EKU, WKU, heck bring in Transylvania, they would put up as much of a contest as Harford

Cannot really disagree with this. Although, Hartford is an actual D1 basketball team, unlike NKU & Transy.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cannot really disagree with this. Although, Hartford is an actual D1 basketball team, unlike NKU & Transy.

Yes, Hartford is D1, but this year they are one of the worst D1 programs in the country. This year Hartford would not be NKU. Within two years, the plan is for NKU to be D1.
uk rolls to 14-0 and brings it to louisville next week watch out cards
I will be glad when Saturday gets here and we play UL and then start SEC play. This first part of the schedule has not been very exciting this year. I want to see some good competition! I would rather lose to a top team than win agianst poor competition by 40.
dont under estimate this hartford team gang
Stardust Wrote:Yes, Hartford is D1, but this year they are one of the worst D1 programs in the country. This year Hartford would not be NKU. Within two years, the plan is for NKU to be D1.

Didn't they just get a new arena for that reason?
Final