Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Carolina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone agree that there overrated, i think its pretty dumb that they have 3 losts and there still ranked in the top ten i do believe that the people that do the polls need to wake up and move them theres alot better teams in front of them that should be in front of them
Please use proper punctuation in your future posts.

With that said, yes I think they are overrated.
14thregionrules Wrote:Does anyone agree that there overrated, i think its pretty dumb that they have 3 losts and there still ranked in the top ten i do believe that the people that do the polls need to wake up and move them theres alot better teams in front of them that should be in front of them

I absolutely hate the Tar Heels with a passion but speaking from a neutral position they're 2-3 against the Top 25! With wins against at the time (15)Ohio State and (9)Michigan State and they have losses to at the time (24)Syracuse, but that was before they were getting any recognition and they're still undefeated and ranked #5, (4)Kentucky, and (2)Texas! So considering that those were their only three losses, i think they deserve to be right where their at.
Lets go duke lol>>>
leecoukfan Wrote:I absolutely hate the Tar Heels with a passion but speaking from a neutral position they're 2-3 against the Top 25! With wins against at the time (15)Ohio State and (9)Michigan State and they have losses to at the time (24)Syracuse, but that was before they were getting any recognition and they're still undefeated and ranked #5, (4)Kentucky, and (2)Texas! So considering that those were their only three losses, i think they deserve to be right where their at.

your crazy cause theres alot better teams that need to be in the place were unc is in at the 10th spot
14thregionrules Wrote:your crazy cause theres alot better teams that need to be in the place were unc is in at the 10th spot

Name me one other team that has played the #2 and #4 teams in the nation and beaten them oh wait thats right both those teams are undefeated!! So you still gonna call me crazy when the three teams that UNC has lost are all undefeated and are currently ranked 2, 3, and 5 respectively?!! So yeah i say they deserv to be #10 until someone ranked worse than that beats them!
They've lost to three top five teams, 2 of which they played tough. I hate UNC as much as the next person but there a top 10-15 team, and I guarentee by the end of the season they'll be in the top 10.
Aslan Wrote:They've lost to three top five teams, 2 of which they played tough. I hate UNC as much as the next person but there a top 10-15 team, and I guarentee by the end of the season they'll be in the top 10.

Absolutley and for anyone to think otherwise, they have their Big Blue glasses wrapped on too tight. I have zero love for UNC, but to say they are overrated is completely absurred. They have probably played the toughest competition than any other top 10 team in the rankings. They have played very well in those games and if anyone thinks this team is not going to be in the top 10 at the end of the season has not seen what I have seen this year.
leecoukfan Wrote:Name me one other team that has played the #2 and #4 teams in the nation and beaten them oh wait thats right both those teams are undefeated!! So you still gonna call me crazy when the three teams that UNC has lost are all undefeated and are currently ranked 2, 3, and 5 respectively?!! So yeah i say they deserv to be #10 until someone ranked worse than that beats them!

ok then. You said it yourself, the teams that have beat them have higher ranks. And the only reason they still have them there is because the voters don't want to get the north carolina fan base upset, because they're scared everyone is gonna get mad. There's a lot of better teams that should be ranked where UNC is right now
14thregionrules Wrote:ok then you said if your self the teams that have beat them are higher ranks than them and the only reason there still have them there is cause the voters dont want to get the north carlina fan base upset cause there scared everyone is gonna get mad theres alot better teams that should be ranked were unc is right now

Well take it the way you want to but they deserve to be ranked where they are if not higher than that! I hate UNC just as much as any other UK fan does but you HAVE to give credit when credit is deserved!! IMO UNC should be ranked #7 right behind all the undefeated teams!!
14thregionrules, give us ten teams thats better than UNC.
Aslan Wrote:14thregionrules, give us ten teams thats better than UNC.

I second that motion!
Aslan Wrote:14thregionrules, give us ten teams thats better than UNC.

Texas, Kentucky, Syracuse, These Teams Obviously,

Kansas, WVU, Purdue, Duke, Connecticut I'd Pick These Teams Over Carolina.

Maybes Would Be, Villanova, Tennessee, New Mexico(Undefeated)

This Is My Opinion. See Anything Im Off Balance On?
even if those teams were ahead of UNC they would still be a top 12 team
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Texas, Kentucky, Syracuse, These Teams Obviously,

Uconn, Tenn, New Mexico, and WVU are not better than UNC imo.
I think NOVA will wbe a top 10 team come march!!Also Tennessee will be...But UNC will be a legit TOP 10 team...14thregionrules where are you getting this...Duke lost to a team that wasnt ranked??where should they be...I hate UNC with a passion but they got the credit from me as a top 10 team

Well New Mexico got beat by Oral Roberts and Tennessee got beat by USC! So this would actually put UNC at #9 so it seems like they're ranked right where they should be!
Aslan Wrote:Uconn, Tenn, New Mexico, and WVU are not better than UNC imo.

I Think WVU Is,

leecoukfan Wrote:Well New Mexico got beat by Oral Roberts and Tennessee got beat by USC! So this would actually put UNC at #9 so it seems like they're ranked right where they should be!

Thats why i said maybe Smile
well there ya go duke,texas,syracuse,usc,flordia,wisconsin,villanova,purdue,new mexico,and tenn
14thregionrules Wrote:well there ya go duke,texas,syracuse,usc,flordia,wisconsin,villanova,purdue,new mexico,and tenn

Florda. Really? LOL.
New Mex?
Tenn?
USC??????????????????????????????????
Wisconsin?
LOL.
Weak arguement pal.
14thregionrules Wrote:well there ya go duke,texas,syracuse,usc,flordia,wisconsin,villanova,purdue,new mexico,and tenn

Wow i no wisconsin beat duke but that doesnt make them better than carolina????New mexico st. go beat by oral roberts, tennessee got beat twice by a nobody team i think..Florida i heard has lost 3 in a row(richmond, S. Alabama, and someone else)I can see these teams being better

Texas
Kansas
UK
Syracuse
Purdue
West Va
and thats it, thats just the undefeated teams though
North Carolina is a darn good basketball team. They are a very YOUNG team, mostly freshmen and sophomores, and have played a brutal schedule. They were beaten soundly by Syracuse, who IMO, is the best team in the nation, and would beat UK right now. Roy Williams will have this team gelling by the end of the year, and when they do, look out. There is a TON of talent in Chapel Hill, like always, and Williams knows how to coach it. Carolina will challenge Duke for the ACC title this year, and will be a top 5-10 team throughout the year..so as far as them being overrated, no way.
14thregionrules Wrote:well there ya go duke, texas, syracuse, villanova,and purdue,

I think thats what you meant to say, all those other teams aren't even close to these teams or Carolina with the exception of maybe Tennessee!
Hmmm? Soooooo? LMAO.

Carolina Goes Down Against College Of Charleston.
Mark it down, They will not fall past 15th next week.

Adding College Of Charleston To My List.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Adding College Of Charleston To My List.

Your last two posts have made me laugh :lmao:
Stardust Wrote:Absolutley and for anyone to think otherwise, they have their Big Blue glasses wrapped on too tight. I have zero love for UNC, but to say they are overrated is completely absurred. They have probably played the toughest competition than any other top 10 team in the rankings. They have played very well in those games and if anyone thinks this team is not going to be in the top 10 at the end of the season has not seen what I have seen this year.

I will proudly eat my words and take back everything I posted before :Clap:
They played without 2 starters and there other three loses was to three top 10 teams. There a top 10-15 team.
Aslan Wrote:They played without 2 starters and there other three loses was to three top 10 teams. There a top 10-15 team.

Again, i totally agree. UNC may drop to #15 but no lower!
Pages: 1 2