Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Long Beach State @ (3) Kentucky 12/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK gets win #2001!
The cats are pumped and will roll in this one. 25+
This young team will need a lot of focus to be up for win 2,001. But to this point they've proven that they are a group not easily caught off guard.
Kentucky101
Long Beach State64
Uk by 30
I'll say UK wins by 20-25 points.
Kentucky wins against a better-than-average Long Beach State team by 20+.

Go Wildcats!
I agree with the above posts that UK wins by 20+, but this is likely to be another of those games that for the first 30+ minutes of the game, the lead will run back and forth from a double digit lead to single digit.

UK comes in as a significant favorite, which they have shown a propencity to play down or with a lack of focus in these types of games. Following the popmp and circumstance from Monday night, it's a natural letdown. These are not professionals, they are 18 and 19 year-old kids for the most part. The ability to handle the emotional consistency is still years away. I will guarentee you that LBS is more up for the challenge, than UK is looking towards a match-up with an inferior team before the holidays. For UK, this is a game on their schedule, for LBS, this is an NCAA Bracket Buster game that means a tremendous opportunity for them to get much needed support come March. Let's face it, UK was up for Drexal not because they were up for the challenge of Drexal, will they have the same urgency to want this game as much. This game may well push the Cats until they need to wake themselves and run away with it down the stretch.
Uk-91
lbs-66
Is this game really at 1 PM? Are you kidding me?

What about those of us who have to work? This sucks.
This is really unfortunate that this game starts at 1:00pm because i don't get off work until 3:30 and the game will be over then which really sucks!! But anyways, Kentucky should win this one with no problem! I just hope that they don't play down to the level of their competition which they matbe more likely to do that in this games considering the overwhelming 2000th win they just got against Drexel!!! But, lets hope that all the momentum and focus continues into this game!

Gonna say the Cats win this by 30 as long as they don't play down to their competition!! Go Cats!!
I am looking forward to win #2010 in 2010. Should be in February.
Stardust Wrote:I agree with the above posts that UK wins by 20+, but this is likely to be another of those games that for the first 30+ minutes of the game, the lead will run back and forth from a double digit lead to single digit.

UK comes in as a significant favorite, which they have shown a propencity to play down or with a lack of focus in these types of games. Following the popmp and circumstance from Monday night, it's a natural letdown. These are not professionals, they are 18 and 19 year-old kids for the most part. The ability to handle the emotional consistency is still years away. I will guarentee you that LBS is more up for the challenge, than UK is looking towards a match-up with an inferior team before the holidays. For UK, this is a game on their schedule, for LBS, this is an NCAA Bracket Buster game that means a tremendous opportunity for them to get much needed support come March. Let's face it, UK was up for Drexal not because they were up for the challenge of Drexal, will they have the same urgency to want this game as much. This game may well push the Cats until they need to wake themselves and run away with it down the stretch.

halfway through the first half, this is exactly how this has played out
Stardust Wrote:halfway through the first half, this is exactly how this has played out
a bunch of starters out will do that
Well this is my only break at work where i can check the game and so far it looks like UK is unfortunately playing down to their competition! But, Lets Go Cats!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Well this is my only break at work where i can check the game and so far it looks like UK is unfortunately playing down to their competition! But, Lets Go Cats!!
the 3 guys that make our team go are on the bench
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:a bunch of starters out will do that

The starters are out because of their play. Cousin's shows again that is the next Rasheed Wallace mentally. Wall with two dumb reachin fouls. Both are out because lack of focus.
Cats up by 3 with 11:00 to go
Cats defensive intensity picks up as they take an 8 point lead with 9:00 to go
Cousins now has his 4th foul