Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best 8th grade teams in NeKy in 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mine would be Verity, Greenup and Lewis County. Whats yours?
Those would be my top 3 also. I think any of those three can beat each other on any given night.
Yeah I agree.... oh yeah and I forgot about Raceland.... That Messer kid is really good, but I think if you take him out of the game, that Raceland team wouldn't be much at all. But thats JMO.
I'm back and you are all high. Racelands 8th grade team next year is in the top 2 if not number 1. Didn't we beat both of you??? Yes Greenup went farther in that bogus tournament they called a playoff. I bet Greenup didn't have to play a game on a saturday and then have to drive to Morgan county on a monday and play in a playoff game. Who scheduled that tournament anyway???....Helen Keller. Who makes a 7th grade team play 2 football games in 3 days? Who scheduled that crap???......Kosar? Now for your second statement of absolute stupidity.....Conner is a very very good player but, if you took any one of a number of kids off that team they wouldn't have been near as good. You guys act like it was 11 on 1 when we played you. I seem to remember several kids on offense that threw caught or ran the ball very well on both teams. As far as defense goes I believe we did a lot of gang tackling in both games. One player did not beat either team. Now if football was a one on one game then you would have something to complain about.
I guess we'll see next year RAM-A-DEVIL.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I'm back and you are all high. Racelands 8th grade team next year is in the top 2 if not number 1. Didn't we beat both of you??? Yes Greenup went farther in that bogus tournament they called a playoff. I bet Greenup didn't have to play a game on a saturday and then have to drive to Morgan county on a monday and play in a playoff game. Who scheduled that tournament anyway???....Helen Keller. Who makes a 7th grade team play 2 football games in 3 days? Who scheduled that crap???......Kosar? Now for your second statement of absolute stupidity.....Conner is a very very good player but, if you took any one of a number of kids off that team they wouldn't have been near as good. You guys act like it was 11 on 1 when we played you. I seem to remember several kids on offense that threw caught or ran the ball very well on both teams. As far as defense goes I believe we did a lot of gang tackling in both games. One player did not beat either team. Now if football was a one on one game then you would have something to complain about.
GC played LC and 3 days later played an undefeated Verity and won both. Raceland got beat by Rowan I belive, who Verity beat easily. GC will beat Raceland by 20 next season. PS GC has a ton of future 8th graders already in the weight room, how many are out in Ramland?
LC has next years 8th grdrs hittin the weights too. Raceland won't stay on top.
LC vs GC game should be a great one next season.
Should be, i hope they schedule it in the regular season so we dont have to rely on them meeting in the playoffs.
who did raceland lose to at morgan co. was it close or a blowout?
smallball Wrote:who did raceland lose to at morgan co. was it close or a blowout?

It was Fleming and, it was a blowout.
On a serious note.....I like playing Both teams. Maybe you guys can get in the preseason bowl our coaches are suppose to be planning. They are looking at teams like Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Ironton, and Beechwood. Maybe they could match Lewis And Gc against one of those teams. I think they are wanting to call it the country music highway bowl.
why are 8th graders lifting weights? Seriously?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:On a serious note.....I like playing Both teams. Maybe you guys can get in the preseason bowl our coaches are suppose to be planning. They are looking at teams like Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Ironton, and Beechwood. Maybe they could match Lewis And Gc against one of those teams. I think they are wanting to call it the country music highway bowl.

Does Beechwood even have a MS team or are you talking about their HS? Beechwood plays some 8th graders on their freshman team but that is as low as they go I think. Lex Cath will play anyone and LCA is not far behind on that.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:On a serious note.....I like playing Both teams. Maybe you guys can get in the preseason bowl our coaches are suppose to be planning. They are looking at teams like Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Ironton, and Beechwood. Maybe they could match Lewis And Gc against one of those teams. I think they are wanting to call it the country music highway bowl.

Johnson County would love to play.
MR. Slate Wrote:Johnson County would love to play.

We would love to have them.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We would love to have them.
GC played them last year.
Lewis County's best WR from this team, Chris Wills, has moved and is now attending a new school. It looks like LC's opponents next year will get more of Darling running at them then previously thought.
LClion4life Wrote:Lewis County's best WR from this team, Chris Wills, has moved and is now attending a new school. It looks like LC's opponents next year will get more of Darling running at them then previously thought.

why did he not run the ball more last year?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:why did he not run the ball more last year?

B/c they did almost as well passing to Wills as they did handing off to Darling.
See you all at playoffs...Corbin dominaited every team they played. Can anyone stop the Big Red Machine?
It looks like LC will be adding another player that didn't play last year that should have. Tyler Mustard, he may be able to help them overcome the loss of Wills, he's a way better defender but not as proficient catching the ball, he is a heck of a RB though.
I just wanted to remind Ram A Devil that GC was on the 10 yrd line after a 60yrd offensive drive with 1:40 on the clock and the rams stopped the game. GC lost by 6 , that was a heck of a game. It will be an 8th grade game this year and not stopped early so after this game you can brag if you win, I don't think that game warrants any bragging rights,with how it ended and all.
Good lord. It's Middle school. Get a grip.
Lclion4life come talk to me when you actually have a good football program and Connor Messer will be one if not the best player in the area either his junior or senior year
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I just wanted to remind Ram A Devil that GC was on the 10 yrd line after a 60yrd offensive drive with 1:40 on the clock and the rams stopped the game. GC lost by 6 , that was a heck of a game. It will be an 8th grade game this year and not stopped early so after this game you can brag if you win, I don't think that game warrants any bragging rights,with how it ended and all.

:Cheerlead I also remember that a Ram got hurt around halftime. Then after haftime their was so many flags being thrown against GC that i thought the refs had holes in their pockets. That was the worst game i have been to. But this year it will be in Lloyd it wont be as easy as last year thats for sure.:devilflam
Well I have been reading all this stuff about next year so have they played yet??? If not when do they play? Where do they play and what time.
grim_reminder Wrote::Cheerlead I also remember that a Ram got hurt around halftime. Then after haftime their was so many flags being thrown against GC that i thought the refs had holes in their pockets. That was the worst game i have been to. But this year it will be in Lloyd it wont be as easy as last year thats for sure.:devilflam

How did this one turn out??
Gc 8th lost by i believe 6 they turned the ball over about 3 times you cant do that with a good team like Raceland. Thats the first game they've lost. They've beat Flemming,Verity,East Carter,and Lawrence.
Thanks Grim for the update. WOW.