Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK FB Adds 3 New Commitments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* DL Brandon Dunn- Louisville PRP. Dunn had an offer from UL. He is 6'3 265 and unranked on both Scout and Rivals (likely 2*)
* OL Kenarious Gates- Greenville (GA). 6'5 285 had offers from Vandy, Miss State, and NC State. He is a 3* recruit.
* 2011 OL Darrian Miller- Lexington Bryan Station. Huge get here. Miller is 6'6 275 and already had offers from Alabama, Tennessee, and UL. He is already a 3* on Scout and will probably either end up a High 3* or a Low 4*.
The Miller commitment is huge!

I'm really glad we got him, because he's a big-time recruit/in-state prospect.
Glad to see the Wildcats pick up local product Darrian Miller!! Great pick up!!
Miller sound like a BIG boy.
thats right now we are getting the recruits that we need to be an excellent team, not that we have not been getting good recruits but you see what i am sayin
I have a relative from NC who is seriously considering UK. He is a 6'2" 220 lb MLB who runs his 40 yd dash in a 4.61, he attends Davie County HS in NC and will be a senior next year.

I agree the Miller committment is huge. Getting him from schools like Bama and Tenn is huge as well, hopefully we can keep that up.
Would your cousin happen to be this guy?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...ber-103412

If so I will see if I can get the Cats Pause to give him a shout.
Yes it is! He attended the UK and Tennessee game along with his twin brother who is being looked at by UK baseball. Both loved it and their mom is originally from here so if all gos as planned UK may get 2 very good athletes in 2011, one on the gridiron and one on the diamond.

He has also visited NC St, UNC, Duke, Va Tech, and Penn State.
LClion4life Wrote:Yes it is! He attended the UK and Tennessee game along with his twin brother who is being looked at by UK baseball. Both loved it and their mom is originally from here so if all gos as planned UK may get 2 very good athletes in 2011, one on the gridiron and one on the diamond.

He has also visited NC St, UNC, Duke, Va Tech, and Penn State.

I'll request Jeff Drummond to do an update... can't say it will happen, but we'll at least put a birdie in the ear.
Thank you.
The 2010 class is shaping up to be a really solid group for the Cats. Rajaan Bennet could be the next great running back at Kentucky and one of the best in the SEC if UK can land him. He has yet to commit but Kentucky is his number one school right now and a bowl win could be huge in trying to get him in Lexington.
LClion4life Wrote:Thank you.

You cousin should be getting a call from either Jeff Drummond or Jim Tirey...tell him to answer the phone and be candid.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:The 2010 class is shaping up to be a really solid group for the Cats. Rajaan Bennet could be the next great running back at Kentucky and one of the best in the SEC if UK can land him. He has yet to commit but Kentucky is his number one school right now and a bowl win could be huge in trying to get him in Lexington.

Believe it or not Bennett is actually UK's 2nd favorite RB prospect on the board.

Auburn committ DJ Howard is still verbaled to Auburn but has re-opened his recruitment. He and Raijon Neal were UK's top RB targets before they committed. Auburn is telling Howard he will probably be moved to Safety and he wants to play RB. He is UK rs-Freshman RB Jonathan George's cousin.

He is scheduled to visit UK and has been following them closesly for some time.
Bennett would be a great pick-up
I gave him the message thank you so much EKUAlum
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Believe it or not Bennett is actually UK's 2nd favorite RB prospect on the board.

Auburn committ DJ Howard is still verbaled to Auburn but has re-opened his recruitment. He and Raijon Neal were UK's top RB targets before they committed. Auburn is telling Howard he will probably be moved to Safety and he wants to play RB. He is UK rs-Freshman RB Jonathan George's cousin.

He is scheduled to visit UK and has been following them closesly for some time.

The depth at running back that is most likely on its way could be a reason Derick Locke has decided to test the NFL waters.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:The depth at running back that is most likely on its way could be a reason Derick Locke has decided to test the NFL waters.

Is he really leaving? Sad
LClion4life Wrote:Is he really leaving? Sad

Right now it is looking more and more like he will. Locke has a kid and has had some family issues in the past couple years. Additionally, the knee injury he recovered from has to be in the back of his mind.
True, well I wish him the best in the NFL.