Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (#6) West Virginia 80 - Cleveland State 78
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final

I thought west virginia was something special lmao

Kentucky smashed the same team.
CSU beat Butler in the Horizon Conference title game, beat Wake in the 1st round of the Big Dance, and beat Syracuse on their own floor all last year. A 17 point lead vanished for WVU. 11 TO's in the second half. It was WVU's first true road game this year. Next we play Ole Miss in Morgantown.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:CSU beat Butler in the Horizon Conference title game, beat Wake in the 1st round of the Big Dance, and beat Syracuse on their own floor all last year. A 17 point lead vanished for WVU. 11 TO's in the second half. It was WVU's first true road game this year. Next we play Ole Miss in Morgantown.
Kentucky beat this team by around 30 just a couple weeks ago in cancun on a cracked floor
No excuses from me. We sucked today. Huggy looked p1ssed.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Kentucky beat this team by around 30 just a couple weeks ago in cancun on a cracked floor

So far this season you can seriously take what one team did to another team and make comparisons. UK struggled against teams that got pounded by others
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:No excuses from me. We sucked today. Huggy looked p1ssed.

No excuses needed. A win is a win, does not matter the margin
The fact is wvu couldnt beat uk's team last year and they sure as heck couldn't beat ths team.

I call overrated
Stardust Wrote:So far this season you can seriously take what one team did to another team and make comparisons. UK struggled against teams that got pounded by others
miami was the second game of the season cleveland state was not wvu second game nor was it uks. it was at least wvu 6th or 7th game
People were dogging Kentucky for playing all these easy teams but after CSU's amazing win over (6)West Virginia that makes our 24 point victory over CSU that much more impressive!!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:miami was the second game of the season cleveland state was not wvu second game nor was it uks. it was at least wvu 6th or 7th game

So what, it's the same CSU team that has all bu one starter from last years NCAA team??????
leecoukfan Wrote:People were dogging Kentucky for playing all these easy teams but after CSU's amazing win over (6)West Virginia that makes our 24 point victory over CSU that much more impressive!!

Little less amzing knowing that CSU did not have an "amazing win", cinse they lost to WVU?????
Stardust Wrote:So what, it's the same CSU team that has all bu one starter from last years NCAA team??????
Who cares wvu had all of their best players back this year as well
Stardust Wrote:Little less amzing knowing that CSU did not have an "amazing win", cinse they lost to WVU?????

I was in hurry typing that at work today. What i meant was that it made our 24 point win look that much better because they played the Mountaineers right down to the wire!
I am so confused.

What is everyone saying? That WVU will beat UK this season? Are you saying that CSU is a quality opponent? Are we saying that it is an intellegent move to compare scores?

To the first question: I do not believe that WVU would beat UK this season. If they meet in the NCAA tournament the Mountaineers can prove me wrong.

To the second question: CSU is not a quality opponent. If they make a run in their conference towards the end of the year, it will help WVU and UK, but RIGHT NOW, they are not a quality opponent.

To the last question: COMPARING SCORES IS NEVER A GOOD MEASURE. Nothing more to say to that because it is a simple answer.
lwc Wrote:I am so confused.

What is everyone saying? That WVU will beat UK this season? Are you saying that CSU is a quality opponent? Are we saying that it is an intellegent move to compare scores?

To the first question: I do not believe that WVU would beat UK this season. If they meet in the NCAA tournament the Mountaineers can prove me wrong.

To the second question: CSU is not a quality opponent. If they make a run in their conference towards the end of the year, it will help WVU and UK, but RIGHT NOW, they are not a quality opponent.

To the last question: COMPARING SCORES IS NEVER A GOOD MEASURE. Nothing more to say to that because it is a simple answer.
what i'm saying is csu is decent team and uk is a great team and wvu is overrated
Anybody can beat anybody. UK will lost 3 times this year. WVU will probably lose as many or more. WVU has 4 dandys coming up. We host Ole Miss Wed night, then play two conference games (at Seton Hall and home vs Marquette), then play at Purdue on New Year's Day.
All the WVU haters can say what you want...it's a free country! The close win is the best thing that could have happened before going into Big East play. It allowed Huggins to see that the Eers needed to work on breaking the press and you can bet the bank that they have worked on it. It will also bring them back down to earth and let them know that they need to listen to the coaches and quit believing the hype. I honestly feel that UK is a lot closer to peaking than WVU and it is still early in the year.

This is by no means an excuse (you play with what you have), but WVU was without Casey Mitchell, Devin Ebanks is not at full strength, Joe Mazulla is still recovering from shoulder surgery and Deniz Kalichi will be back for the Pitt game.

LET'S GO!!!!!!
MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!