Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (17) Butler 69 - Xavier 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

this game ended in a weird way, Butler scores with 1.2 left and instead of letting Xavier have a chance to win it, the ref's call the game. Xavier's Coach was unhappy about the call along with some of the players getting into it with the fans.
Butler is over a silod team, but the Muskies had a major letdown after their surprising victory over Cincinnati. They looked flat
Strikeout King Wrote:Final!

this game ended in a weird way, Butler scores with 1.2 left and instead of letting Xavier have a chance to win it, the ref's call the game. Xavier's Coach was unhappy about the call along with some of the players getting into it with the fans.

I did not watch the game, but that sounds REALLY weird.

I have seen too many great endings to not let someone take a last chance with 1.2 remaining.
Xavier should have had a shot
lwc Wrote:I did not watch the game, but that sounds REALLY weird.

I have seen too many great endings to not let someone take a last chance with 1.2 remaining.

BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Xavier should have had a shot

the ref's said that the clock would have still ran off even after Butler scored, but the replay showed that the clock stopped with 1.2 left, i believe that the ref's just wanted to screw Xavier
Strikeout King Wrote:the ref's said that the clock would have still ran off even after Butler scored, but the replay showed that the clock stopped with 1.2 left, i believe that the ref's just wanted to screw Xavier

I am not a fan of Butler or Xavier. I dont blame Xavier coach for being mad the way he was. there was under 40 secounds to go Xavier was up by one and inbounded the ball, a butler player trys to foul to send him to the line. The butler player fouls the Xavier player twice he reaches around him with one hand smaking him on the back and one hand on his arm. the ref calls a jump ball and gives it back to butler. then with 5 secound to go a butler player is on the ground with the ball gets up and passes it to another butler player who hit the game winning shot. thats a walk, you cant be on the ground ang get up with the ball. then after that was the thing about the time. there was clearly 1.2 secounds left xavier should have had a chance for a shot.
Final 6 min of the game.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue0KjNXdDQs"]YouTube- Xavier v. Butler - 2009 Dec. 19 - Last 6 Minutes[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxteVwyIxDc"]YouTube- Butler Xavier Post Game Extra[/ame]
I did watch the ending of this game and Xavier got hosed.

They should have won this game.
Xavier got screwed, there was actually about 1.6 seconds left on the clock. I think this game needs to be reviewed by the refs committee and this reffing crew needs to be suspended!!
LOL. Wow. And They say refs Dont Cheat.
No... if you watch the ending again, when the ball got batted into backcourt by xaiver (14 second mark), the clock actually stops briefly then continues. The refs determined that the clock stopped there for 1.2 seconds, making the game over. The refs corrected the error the right way. The blame goes to the clock operator not the officials.

That was a loose ball at the end, just luck that Butler has a shot. The "jump ball", however was a terrible call. There was an obvious fould before that and the whistle was a touch quick.