Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Ten to Add 12th Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/...t-be-.html

What do you guys think? Really surprised there isn't already a thread on this. Who will it be and does the Big Ten even need another team?
I think Notre Dame would be a good fit.
If they have 12 teams, there should be no reason for them not to have a tournament for a automatic bid. I am all for it.
Real Badman Wrote:I think Notre Dame would be a good fit.

ND is already committed to the Big East and still has a considerable contract.
Stardust Wrote:ND is already committed to the Big East and still has a considerable contract.

They could still join in football.
ND would be a good fit if they want to keep with their Midwest fan base but if ND goes to the Big 10, they'll lose their NBC contract, which is definitely the best tv contract in NCAA sports. No way ND joins. I've heard they want Rutgers because they're a good team and it would help their fan base on the Northeast and East Coast and allow more teams to recruit the Northeast and East Coast heavier. I'm thinking Pitt would be the best option, it would stick to the Midwest fan base and it would create a great in state rivalry with Penn State.