Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roy Williams has fan ejected!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During a blowout of tiny Prezbytirian, a fan yell " Hey Deon, don't miss it" and was thrown out for that remark.
Deon Thompson was shooting free throws near the end of their 39 point romp when the visiting fan yelled at him. Coach Roy Williams turned around and pointed at the fan, causing security to remove the man from the game.

This is what Williams had to say about it, "I don't think anybody should yell anything negative at our players. Period. Let's don't make it a bigger thing than it is. But I just don't think anybody should yell negative things toward our players (when) you come in on our tickets to watch our game." And like the guy on Yahoo said, Roy made it bigger than it is by acting like a d-bag.

I mean seriously. Thats is all the guy said was not to miss a free throw. I hope ole Roy is ate up in the press about this.
Ha Ha He's probably still ****ed about KENTUCKY!
Thats REDICULOUS!!! There's absolutely no reason for that fan to have gotten thrown out! I'm sure that the Tar Heel players have been called and talked to much worse than that before under Roy Williams tenure! Just look at the Kentucky game, the Indiana fans were chanting S-A-T at Calipari during the game and he didn't have anyone thrown out! Seriously come now lets get real here Coach Williams!
Hmm, do you think he goes out of his way when UNC fans talk about dUKe players mothers? Let's see o'le Roy start doing something to his own fans....
Very un-classy in my opinion! He said they were their tickets and their game. If not for those fans in the stands they wouldn't have crap! Unless that fan is threatening players or causing a general problem there is no reason to toss them. Grow a pair Roy! I seen some of the same stuff in that Alabama vs. Purdue game. Refs throwing people out due to them yelling things the refs didn't like. Makes me sick! Its a sporting event, in my opinion since those fans pay all of the salaries of the people on the floor that makes them 1st class guest if not bosses of the coaches, athletes, refs, etc. Something needs to be done to make sure this doesn't happen again.
:please: ROY IS :moon:
F'N Joke!
thats so stupid for a coach to do something like that the fan was probably just supporting there team roy williams needs to get an **** life
cant believe this
**** I yelled ALOT worse when they came to Rupp...
Yeah,everything was great last year when he had all the horses, but when the shoe is on the other foot ole Roy can't take, he knows he actually has to coach this year.
I thought it was kinda funny.. uncalled for though. lol
I shall say the Duke fans will make him pay when he comes to Cameron Indoor Stadium. I cannot stand Duke but I will enjoy watching this.
Amun-Ra Wrote:During a blowout of tiny Prezbytirian, a fan yell " Hey Deon, don't miss it" and was thrown out for that remark.
Deon Thompson was shooting free throws near the end of their 39 point romp when the visiting fan yelled at him. Coach Roy Williams turned around and pointed at the fan, causing security to remove the man from the game.

This is what Williams had to say about it, "I don't think anybody should yell anything negative at our players. Period. Let's don't make it a bigger thing than it is. But I just don't think anybody should yell negative things toward our players (when) you come in on our tickets to watch our game." And like the guy on Yahoo said, Roy made it bigger than it is by acting like a d-bag.

I mean seriously. Thats is all the guy said was not to miss a free throw. I hope ole Roy is ate up in the press about this.

I think once the fan got the ticket it became his ticket not UNC's ticket. Also the game was UNC's and Prezbyirian's game not UNC's alone.
Crazy. I never really expected to see something like that from Roy. He really made himself look like a fool. You would think that after so many years in the game, the opposing teams fans will, and should be vocal.