Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mark Ingram wins 75th Heisman Trophy Award
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alabama RB Mark Ingram wins the 75th Heisman trophy award.
3 different threads on the same thing. Have the other two already been closed?
Really no surprise. I figured it was him or McCoy.
Again, very deserving for Mark..anybody that didnt feel great for that young man watching him accept that award isnt human. I cried with him, lol...All class! CONGRATS MARK! AND ROLL TIDE BROTHER!!!
:runtouchd:runtouchd:theman: ROLL BIG BOY ROLL
Roll Ingram Roll...ALL OVER TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He did deserve this. I had no clue he was only a sophmore.
Finally, after all the greats to go through Bama, they get their very first Heisman winner.

Third consecutive year for a Sophomore to win the Heisman, hopefully Ingram breaks the trend of mediocre college seasons after winning as the last two and he takes this to the NFL
Proof that the best doesn't always come out on top.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Proof that the best doesn't always come out on top.

????????????
Wildcatk23 Wrote:????????????

I don't feel like that he is the best player in the country. Did you really not know what I meant?
NDamukong Suh was the best player in the country, but Im glad Mark won it..IMO, the order is Suh, Ingram, Gerheart, McCoy and Tebow from the finalists..but again, Im glad that Mark won it. He's a GREAT kid with a great head on his shoulders, and he's a fantastic football player..
Ingram has earned it!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:NDamukong Suh was the best player in the country, but Im glad Mark won it..IMO, the order is Suh, Ingram, Gerheart, McCoy and Tebow from the finalists..but again, Im glad that Mark won it. He's a GREAT kid with a great head on his shoulders, and he's a fantastic football player..

What does your gut tell you, does he come back?
Stardust Wrote:What does your gut tell you, does he come back?
Yeah I believe he'll be back...if he doesnt we have a stud hoss in Trent Richardson who is more than an adequate replacement, but I believe he'll be back next season..
Mark Ingram was the best college Football player in the country.
I was shocked with all the history of Alabama they've never had a heisman trophy,I was pulling for Suh but Ingram probably deserved it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:????????????

I was just wondering who u thought should have won.
I knew that Alabama had never had a Heisman winner but was still a little taken a back by it when they said it during the broadcast. With all of the great players to come through Alabama over the years it makes this award even more special for Ingram. And I was also very impressed with his speech. Took time to thank a lot of people and his emotions showed just how much the award means to him and his family.
Ingram was very deserving. I still think the Heisman is a joke, as far as the finalists go. How can they go from only havin 3 finalist last year (Tebow, McCoy, Bradford) when there were definately other players who deserved to have their name mentioned, especially over Tebow's. They left Graham Herrell out last year which IMO was the biggest crock of BS I have ever seen. They took him off the list after Oklahoma beat Texas Tech because it was so lopsided, yet Herrell threw for almost 400 yards, 3TD's and 0, ZERO INT's in that game. Ingram, Gearhart, and McCoy should have been the only one's in consideration out of the 5 finalist this year. Half the people had never heard of Suh til the conference championship game, granted he had some great numbers in a tough conference, what about guys like CJ Spiller from Clemson who did it all, KO Returns for TD's, Recievin TD's, Rushin TD's. I just think its a joke that they judge players by their teams success. IMO a player who has stats like Spiller did against tough competition, it shouldn't matter how many games his team lost. And Tebow didn't put up Heisman numbers, last year or this year.
wildcats fan Wrote:Mark Ingram was the best college Football player in the country.

Ingram wasn't even the best college football player on his team.